It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ultra jellyfish (my god is this real?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I found it here: eatliver.com...

Do u think its real?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No. The color of the diver makes me think it was pasted there.
Also, what would be the purpose of the jellyfish being that big? It would be impractical from a survival standpoint. Defies logic.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I say photoshopped.

I don't think anyone would get that close to it if it was real. You couldn't pay me enough to get near that thing!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
from what I've found through google , it seems that the largest jellyfish grow up to 2 meters, so not quite as big as the photo. I'm pretty sure that is photoshopped.

couple of links on giant jellyfish

link

link

the pics of those in japan still look pretty impresive though

[edit on 15-10-2005 by pantha]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I found this pic in google:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That's a perspective shot. Notice how close the jellyfish is and how far away the diver is.

Gives the impression that the jellyfish is bigger than it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
blech

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Also notice that the second photo is from ananova.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
That's a perspective shot. Notice how close the jellyfish is and how far away the diver is.

The diver in the photo is in front of the Jellyfish, so how could it appear closer?

Still agree its a fake, but what you said made no sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The first one is fake and has been debunked.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
jellyfish of any size freak me out. thank god the first one wasn't real!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Not exactly huge but this guy is screwed! he looks well scared

Wikipedia says that the "Lions mane jellyfish" is the largest species of Cnidaria (Posh folk's term for jellyfish
)

The largest official record is roughly 2.5 metres but "their sizes vary largely either way" . Obviously they couldnt get their tape measures out. So that original picture is probably fake. Its USUALLY really obvious that something like this is fake, but what would be the point anyway.

BUT! the first pic looks about 4 - 6 metres anyway, so even if its fake then its not thaaaat far from reality anyway. meh.......

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There are definitly really huge Jellyfish out there like Portogese Man of War, they are long as well as big in diameter.

I am a Jellyfish-o-phobic, they freak me out so much I don't even go into the sea where Moon Jellies roam, I never want to touch one ever.

They do facinate me though.

xu

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Lion Maned Jellyfish is not the largest but the longest creature on earth, because of the tentacles not its mass:

obviously they couldnt fit the tentacles into the image

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i have chills. why do i keep coming back to this thread? when i was 14 a jellyfish got down my swimsuit and stung me up so bad i passed out. i have one little scar left from that incident. i didn't even see the thing. but who's to say there really aren't giant jellyfish out there somewhere...just waiting to be discovered by some unlucky person.....

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

The diver in the photo is in front of the Jellyfish, so how could it appear closer?

Sorry, I thought you would've understood I was responding to the post above mine where the diver is behind the jellyfish. Next time I'll spell it out a little better for ya!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
well hopefully they will be discovered from a safe distance.

And....
you a boy or girl? (im a boy) coz dammit now im afraid to go in the water!!! afraid a jellyfish'll sting my penis
scary thought.....OUCH!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Sorry, I thought you would've understood I was responding to the post above mine where the diver is behind the jellyfish. Next time I'll spell it out a little better for ya!

Sorry too...Did think that after I posted....My bad...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i'm a girl.....but does it really matter when an organism with sticky stinging tentacles is lost in your swimwear?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
LOL no not really soz! would be traumatizing for either sex, i only meant that geez it hurts enough getting kicked in a place god only meant to be treated nicely, now i find out jellyfish can sneak into my swimming gear!!!

LOL

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join