It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Neo-Nazi Demonstration Turns into Riot

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
Too bad the blacks didnt kick the crap out of those hitlerjugend as well as the nazi police protecting their "rights"
If you dont finish 1st grade of school you shouldnt even have the right to protest on the street

Perhaps you also shouldn't have the right to post on public forums either.
The "nazi" police have to protect all of our rights, just as they would have to protect the rights of a peaceful black power demonstration by the New Black Panthers (bold for Odium
). Would you then hope that a mob of angry whites kicked the crap out of them and the cops protecting their rights? I doubt it.

what i find mind boggling is that some posters here think its ok to march down the street with your hand streched out, with swastikas and all....what year is this, 1939 ?

As long as that's all they were doing, as retarded as they are, it is okay. Are you saying the first amendment only applies if you agree with the speech? Everybody's beliefs must be uniform and acceptable or they should be subject to violence? What year is this, 1939?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i simply feel that you can say whatever you want, just dont complain if some one gets pissed off and beats your ass. your choosing to say it, so they are choosing to kick your face in.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The difference is, words aren't against the law, violence is. Even if your words preach violence, it's not against the law until those words are acted upon. Again I ask, what do the gangbangers care what a small handfull of ignorant rednecks think about them? Are they desperate for their approval? So desperate that they feel the need to riot when they don't get it? I don't care when I hear racist blacks refer to my race as "white devils", because I couldn't care any less what they think about me. They don't affect my daily life in any way with their ignorant words. If I were to be so upset that they didn't like me and attack them, I would be completely in the wrong.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i think its mainly because they refer to themselves as "nazis" even a form of them, and the history of nazis is known.

more then anything they are probably afraid. KKK lynched, killed. Nazis may do the same, and if they started to gain more power through speeches then more threat is posed.

as far as im concerned nazis or KKK members are just gang members. they kill other people, for whatever reason, it isnt a justified one. reason being they start a conflict.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
But wouldn't you honestly say, at this point in time, blacks are under a far greater threat from their own? If a group of racists attack and kill a black person, it's all over the national news, and it hardly ever happens. But blacks are killed by rival gang members everyday, several times a day. The news wouldn't have enough time in the day to report them all. Neo-nazis have been around quite a while, and their numbers are not growing, the only way their numbers will grow, is if more and more whites feel threatened and afraid by watching these gangbangers wildly attack people at the drop of a hat. Fear breeds hate, and I honestly don't think hundreds of armed gangbangers felt threatened by, or were afraid of, two dozen rednecks. If so, they are the biggest wussies on the planet.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
i think its mainly because they refer to themselves as "nazis" even a form of them, and the history of nazis is known.

more then anything they are probably afraid. KKK lynched, killed. Nazis may do the same, and if they started to gain more power through speeches then more threat is posed.

as far as im concerned nazis or KKK members are just gang members. they kill other people, for whatever reason, it isnt a justified one. reason being they start a conflict.

But attack them gives them this power.

Look at their history, they feed off of our anger and hatred for them. They feed off of violence and devide within society. We beat them by being united not splitting ourselves and not attacking them.

We fall into the trap they have set up, time and time again.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Turns out I was right after all, there were only a dozen neo-nazis....

Much of the anger erupted because residents were upset that city leaders allowed about a dozen white supremacists to walk through the neighborhood and shout insults.
www.cnn.com...

Not a very impressive army to strike fear into the hearts of hundreds of men, and fear into some posters here that they are poised to take over the U.S. and carry out the extermination of other races.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Another reason the neo-nazis are probably feeling quite proud of themselves, is the fact that because they couldn't just ignore 12 morons, 114 were arrested. So in effect, 12 neo-nazis got 114 people they hate thrown in jail, and indirectly caused destruction of the people they hate's neighborhood, while gathering more fuel for their hate propaganda to illustrate why they believe blacks are animals. And they didn't even have to march, not a bad days work if you're an ignorant racist hillbilly.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
stupidity will overcome the masses everytime.

im not saying they are animals, but as a group, humans become animals. sense is lost and they become more dangerous to those around them.

take a group of kids for instance, the bigger the group the more stupid their actions. they feel the pressure of the rest of the group to follow the group and give in. i feel once a few people started this, others felt pressured by these people to join in. overall its like any other big group. the leaders are using the wrong methods and the group goes down with them.

truth is any group of people can become 'animals' if you put a person in charge who can lead them to be. martian luther king as a pose to a gang member, would handle things different. thats the unfortunate truth. couple bad leaders turn a group into animals.

i could go onto why they just dont follow but it will go into a whole conscience detail and more into the way the mind works.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We live in a society that is governed by evil. Why do I say this. Violence has been manufactured to create fear in the hearts of almost everyone. We live in a country that fear is manufactured by past and present events.
Through use of the media, the fear is spread throughout the country letting everyone know that we are to be afraid of each other, judge each other by the color of their skin, religion, and national origin. We are a country that is sooo scared, that we lock our doors, cars, and other means of living.
A few evil leaders have left footprints that a group of people want to follow. The group or groups make their point by marching into a decent neighborhood, due to the response of one resident who (which is an isolated incident) was constantly being harrassed by gangs of another race. What causes the majority of riots is that something is not right in that area in Toledo, Ohio. For example, looking back in history, let's start with the riots of Los Angeles. In 1992, a black man was speeding and driving being chased by the police. The police finally caught him and beat he almost to death. Next thing you know, there is rioting in LA. Now there was tension between the blacks in south central LA and the police. Police brutality was an ongoing problem. The police beating of Rodney King was just the icing on the cake that cause the blacks of LA to start up rioting. It was a release.
In my opinion, it is our freedom of speach that should allow the Nazis to march, however, the blacks should not have rioted against them like they have. Let them march in peace, so that they can understand that they did not make their evil point.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I woud like to point out that Rodney King was not nearly beaten to death and if the full video had been shown as repeatedly as the abbreviated version was, most of the American populace would not be deluded about the facts and possibly those who died might not have and Reginald Denny wouldn't have a hole in his head.

The media bear sigificant responsibility for the LA riot; the rest lies with the animals who use almost any excuse to destroy property and lives.

[edit on 2005/10/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Just what are they demonstrating?

It's kew to ba Nazi?

I hope the cops kill them all.

ps: HOLY TOLEDO! nyuk nyuk

One of the prices of liberty is that even boneheads can express themselves in public forums - granted that they file the appropriate paperwork. Democracy kinda sucks sometimes, eh?

The cops were probably protecting these guys, once again - sucks, eh?

The price we pay from freedom of speech - such as it has become - is that we can't censor anyone who follows the rules and procedures for public assembly. If we exclude one group - sometime for a very noble reason - we are opening Pandora's Box.

I really dislike the ACLU - I think they go too far and take on cases I often find repugnant. But, I do think they serve a legitimate and vital role in protecting the Constitutional rights of Americans and serving as a check on the power of government.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Just what are they demonstrating?

It's kew to ba Nazi?

I hope the cops kill them all.

ps: HOLY TOLEDO! nyuk nyuk

One of the prices of liberty is that even boneheads can express themselves in public forums - granted that they file the appropriate paperwork. Democracy kinda sucks sometimes, eh?

The cops were probably protecting these guys, once again - sucks, eh?

The price we pay from freedom of speech - such as it has become - is that we can't censor anyone who follows the rules and procedures for public assembly. If we exclude one group - sometime for a very noble reason - we are opening Pandora's Box.

I really dislike the ACLU - I think they go too far and take on cases I often find repugnant. But, I do think they serve a legitimate and vital role in protecting the Constitutional rights of Americans and serving as a check on the power of government.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

i simply feel that you can say whatever you want, just dont complain if some one gets pissed off and beats your ass. your choosing to say it, so they are choosing to kick your face in.

I hate to be confrontational, but that's an incrdibly dangerous attitude to have. This legitimizes these hate groups ....

"See, we were exercising our Constitutional right of free speech and assembly and these (insert outraged group here) attacked us. Doesn't this prove they are animals? We defend the Constitution, its them who are the enemies of Democracy."

This is a tactic very common among unpopular hate groups; instigate an attack and claim a moral victory. As sick as it may sound, the Nazis are quitel likely to do well as a result of this whole mess.

If you dislike a group, the best weapon you have is to expose them. Photograph them, take pictures of their license plates - post it on the web. This is legal in public areas. Write editorials, organize counter-protests, coordinate citizen or church based rallies - the list of LEGAL means of countering these vile groups is endless, actually.
We had a problem with the KKK in my neck of the woods some years ago. A number of people - myself included, I'm proud to say - organized many of these activities. Klansmen really DO NOT like having their picture taken unhooded. They really don't like having their cars and plate #'s posted on the web.

Fight evil, fight injustice, but for Heaven's sake, do it within the law and with moral outrage, not fists. That never solves anything in affairs like this.

Thanks for your indulgence, folks.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I hate to be confrontational, but that's an incrdibly dangerous attitude to have. This legitimizes these hate groups ....

"See, we were exercising our Constitutional right of free speech and assembly and these (insert outraged group here) attacked us. Doesn't this prove they are animals? We defend the Constitution, its them who are the enemies of Democracy."

This is a tactic very common among unpopular hate groups; instigate an attack and claim a moral victory. As sick as it may sound, the Nazis are quitel likely to do well as a result of this whole mess.

If you dislike a group, the best weapon you have is to expose them. Photograph them, take pictures of their license plates - post it on the web. This is legal in public areas. Write editorials, organize counter-protests, coordinate citizen or church based rallies - the list of LEGAL means of countering these vile groups is endless, actually.
We had a problem with the KKK in my neck of the woods some years ago. A number of people - myself included, I'm proud to say - organized many of these activities. Klansmen really DO NOT like having their picture taken unhooded. They really don't like having their cars and plate #'s posted on the web.

Fight evil, fight injustice, but for Heaven's sake, do it within the law and with moral outrage, not fists. That never solves anything in affairs like this.

Thanks for your indulgence, folks.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
The difference is, words aren't against the law, violence is. Even if your words preach violence, it's not against the law until those words are acted upon.

Wrong! You can't make subversive speeches that incite unlawful behavior, see Brandenburg v. Ohio. You also can't threaten to kill, harm, slander or libel someone without repercussions.

All those who have doubts, I suggest you all go prove me wrong and write a subversive and threatening letter here: [email protected]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Wrong! You can't make subversive speeches that incite unlawful behavior, see Brandenburg v. Ohio. You also can't threaten to kill, harm, slander or libel someone without repercussions.

All those who have doubts, I suggest you all go prove me wrong and write a subversive and threatening letter here: [email protected]

How exactly would shouting "white power!" over and over again be inciting unlawful behavior? Is it unlawful to believe your race is superior to another? Stupid maybe, but not unlawful. Exactly what direct threats were the neo-nazi morons making? Neo-nazis, just like the New Black Panthers, advocate seperation, not genocide. I can also write as many letters stating that I feel Bush is inferior to other presidents, and that I don't want him to be president of my country anymore. I'm sure plenty already have. Regardless whether we agree with the neo-nazi idiots, they weren't threatening anybody, instead the gangbangers not only threatened, but engaged in violent behavior, how can that escape you?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by 27jd
The difference is, words aren't against the law, violence is. Even if your words preach violence, it's not against the law until those words are acted upon.

An EXCELLANT point - I am regretful that I didn't think of it. Sorry for the double-post earlier.

Did the Nazis make imflammatory remarks?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
violence never solves the answer? i beg to differ.

since when has peaceful ever got us anywhere without the threat of violence to back it up. you dont think the government is scare that we will protest them into submission do you? no they are scared we will protest and if our demands arent met we will start to overthrow into a more physical form. thats what they are really afraid of, that we will do more then protest.

where i come from "negociating" will get ur ass kicked by the time you get 5 minutes into it. when one group simply doesnt give a damn about you, your beliefs, your well being, or even your being, then violence may be the only real solution. when some one brings violence your way it will eventually at one point become fight or flight, then it will just be fight or get beat down or killed. if you negociate you arent going to get what you wanted, youll compromise and get the short end of the stick

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Reaper;

I have engaged in quite a bit of violence in my day, sad to say most of the time. In the army, it was my duty - and more importantly, my oft-repeated mantra "If someone's not going home, it's going to be you."

Violence certainly solves a lot. Von Clauswitz considered war as an extension of politics. Heinlein in Starship Troopers said - and I paraphrase "Violence doesn't solve anything? Ask the Carthagenians if they agree."

As much as I would love to live in a world where the lion lies down with the lamb, I fear the lamb will become an easy lunch.
The most effective movements in recent history have been nonviolent ones. The Civil Rights movement, the passive resistance of Ghandi, the work of Nelson Mandela are examples of what's possible if you are strong in your convictions - and are willing to pay the price....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join