Would you continue to pay your taxes/support your government once the coverup is revealed?

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Okay, this is not meant as combative...I'm serious:

1. What would I cut? The National Endowment for the Arts would be at the top of the list...hey, you asked. Welfare would be reformed to what it was meant for...a helping hand to get you back on your feet, not a way of life. That's just my first two.

2. I family of $40k annual income is not keeping the economy afloat. Yeah, they'll do a little more garage sale buying. They already were in the first place. This will not hinder the economy. A flat rate on ANY tax will work.

p.s. I since the "money is the root of all evil" concept going here. Most people who think that way "have never had the joy of a welfare Christmas"...to quote a most excellent song.




posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh,

I forgot to mention that a family that makes $45,000, $25,000, or $1,000,000 a year will, if they have a family unit of the same number, pay the same amount in NECESSARY goods. That's the clincher.... Because excess wealth will develop on one end and not the other. The man making $25,000, or even $45,000, a year will end up, at the larger level, asking mister $1,000,000 a year for loans. Enter a banker's market... and a new feudalism.

Enjoy serfdom!



posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Actually that's not true, because a flat sales tax promotes altruism.

Then those thousand points of lights just get brighter and brighter!!! And the little 45k's world get's better via the big philanthropic heart of the 1M dude.



posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, this is not meant as combative...I'm serious:

1. What would I cut? The National Endowment for the Arts would be at the top of the list...hey, you asked. Welfare would be reformed to what it was meant for...a helping hand to get you back on your feet, not a way of life. That's just my first two.

2. I family of $40k annual income is not keeping the economy afloat. Yeah, they'll do a little more garage sale buying. They already were in the first place. This will not hinder the economy. A flat rate on ANY tax will work.

p.s. I since the "money is the root of all evil" concept going here. Most people who think that way "have never had the joy of a welfare Christmas"...to quote a most excellent song.


OK,
I don't believe that money is evil, either...

But, cutting the NEA cuts something like .1% of the national budget (sorry, I don't have exact numbers, here, but it's about that). If you want me to believe the 18% sales tax system, you have to dismantle army divisions, stop bridge construction, halt highway repair, stop research aid touniversities... that is, you will ahve to SERIOUSLY cut into programs.

Off the bat, it seems like you want to scratch social security. That will save, i admit, a lot of money... But, would you care to discuss its effects?



posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
No problem. I'm willing to put the money robbed from me to date where my mouth is.

If the US government would stop stealing my money today, they could have what they have taken to date. No ill will. Just let me plot my own course.

Long-term effects...a bunch of stupid people who don't take care of themselves and then the liberals in this country whining about how the rest of us reponsible people, who actually saved for our retirement years, are capitalistic pigs who don't give a damned about the ignorant percentage of the population.

That's my prediction. SO, to make it work, we have to eradicate all the liberals first.



posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
And I say PART of the problem is the fact that we work for the Government until June every year! Yep, that's right add it up.

Now lets look at some FACTS, 2/3 of our economy is what? CONSUMER SPENDING. Americans have more credit card debt RIGHT NOW than they have in all of history.

That does NOT take into account the Home Equity loans that literally FLEW out the doord of title companies all over the nation this year.

One might ask WHY oh WHY are Americans going into debt at this alarming rate?! Because they don't have the cash on hand to pay for the items they need and or want...

WHY don't they have the money? Go look at your paycheck and do the math. Let's reverse the history...

Imagine of you got ALL of your paycheck every two weeks and all of a sudden the government started mandatory withholding of 30% of it.

We'd have a REVOLUTION immediately. The problem is that we are TOTALLY accustomed to handing 1/3 of our paychecks over to uncle sam so nobody THINKS about it.

So to say that "a Banker's economy would be STARTED" by a national sales tax is ludicrous, WE LIVE IN ONE NOW! The OPPOSITE would happen! People would have the MONEY to pay CASH for what they need/want since they would have 30% MORE of their income to do it with.

AND (this is the KICKER!) they could SAVE TAX FREE until they got the amount needed to purchase the big items, WITH NO LOAN.

P...
m...



posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Actually that's not true, because a flat sales tax promotes altruism.

Then those thousand points of lights just get brighter and brighter!!! And the little 45k's world get's better via the big philanthropic heart of the 1M dude.



?

Please, refer me to this study!

This may be the crux of the argument.

If you can prove that such altruism will balance out all the social disparities that can exist, I will salute you and concede.

But, even IF this is true, are not the mere 'serfs' who surround the 1million dollar man in debt to him, in some way? Is this not a pleasant form of manorialism... even if such high altruism were to exist?



posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Long-term effects...a bunch of stupid people who don't take care of themselves and then the liberals in this country whining about how the rest of us reponsible people, who actually saved for our retirement years, are capitalistic pigs who don't give a damned about the ignorant percentage of the population.

That's my prediction. SO, to make it work, we have to eradicate all the liberals first.


OK... just wanted to hear that from you. You might end up having to kill a bunch of moderates, as well... Plus anyone who 'gets' why the Romans were, despite their failings, better than the Huns.

Isn't there a poem by a Norwegian writer that has a line:

"Black boots on cobblestone at midnight"

?



posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
OIMD/springer it would be a better approach to be polite and stick to the subject. Even if the other person is being abusive you can help yourself only by ignoring such childishness. Now this has happened whilst dear old me has been asleep but if I do see anything like this happening again particulary on this thread I will have no problem giving more warnings.

Please do not let this happen again.





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join