It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's New All-seeing Eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I was searching for news on Iraq and I came across this story on Iraqi news website Al Mendhar regarding British and American forces depriving besieged Iraqi cities of food and water to flush out militants. But what caught my eye was the the symbol attached to the story:

Now I'm not one of those to see Masonic and Satanic symbols in everything, 11's in every number, etc etc, but this one struck me as being pretty obviously meant to be an eye.

Outside the "pupil" can be seen two acacia sprigs, as seen on the United Nations logo:

The acacia sprigs are supposedly a Masonic symbol signifying learning or great activity, or so I've read. A search of "acacia" will show up many connections to freemasonry, in particular French freemasonry where it is termed L'acacia or "the acacia". There is, or was, a French Masonic journal called L'acacia. In 1902, freemason F. Limousin supposedly wrote under the pen-name "Hiram" the following:

"Freemasonry is an association . . . an institution . . . so it is said . . . but it is not that at all. Let us lift up all the veils, risking even to evoke numberless protestations. FREEMASONRY IS A CHURCH: It is the Counter-Church, Counter-Catholicism: It is the other church -- the church of heresy, of Freethought.

Hiram
a.k.a. Brother F. Limousin
Grand Orient of France
L'ACACIA Masonic Review, Oct. 1902
"

Inside the "pupil' of the eye can be seen two sand dunes with the sun setting/rising behind them, which bears a striking symbolic similarity to the pyramid with all-seeing eye/radiating light that is supposedly connected to the Illuminati and freemasonry:

I did a search around and couldn't seem to find out what this symbol is for. Is it the UN's symbol for Iraqi affairs? Is it the new symbol for Iraq, like the Great Seal of the US? Maybe someone can cure me of my ignorance.

[edit on 2005-10-15 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The logo could be the sun rising on a new dawn and the three palm trees representing the three factions, sunni, shiite and kurds.

PS. Found this all seeing eye on the internet

The Eye of Sweetnes

[edit on 15-10-2005 by bobsa]

[edit on 15-10-2005 by bobsa]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sarcasm aside, any input on where it's from?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't think it is directly related to the United Nations. The laurels on either side of the UN flag are, in fact, olive branches. From the United Nations' UN Emblem and Flag page:

Description:

The current United Nations emblem was approved on 7 December 1946. The design is "a map of the world representing an azimuthal equidistant projection centred on the North Pole, inscribed in a wreath consisting of crossed conventionalized branches of the olive tree, in gold on a field of smoke-blue with all water areas in white. The projection of the map extends to 60 degrees south latitude, and includes five concentric circles".

Symbolism:

Olive branches symbolize peace. The world map depicts the area of concern to the United Nations in achieving its main purpose, peace and security.

The laurels on either side of this new symbol seem to me to be wheat, rather than olive or acacia leaves:

The symbol does not appear to be associated with the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Jean Ziegler, who is the focus of the story. He appears to have his own symbol:

The symbol does not appear to be of the same high quality as other United Nations symbols. I also could not find any reference to a similar symbol on the Internet. Perhaps somebody could contact the station and ask them what it means.

top topics

join