It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops 'starve Iraqi citizens'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
How do you like your spankings?

Inartfully attempted by coy Marisa Tomei types just looking for an excuse to be on the receiving end.

She knows who she is.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
After the torture done by US at Abu Ghraib prison, as well as at Guantanomo Bay, it is not a surprise anymore that US military would deny food and water to the Iraqi population to complete an operation.

news.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 15-10-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
That's funny, the UN criticising the coalition for starving Iraqi cities. The UN starved the entire country of food and medicines for 13 years, all the while making billions off the Oil For Food scam.

I think that about sums it up.

well said.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
That's funny, the UN criticising the coalition for starving Iraqi cities. The UN starved the entire country of food and medicines for 13 years, all the while making billions off the Oil For Food scam.

I wish that everybody knew just how the UN sanctions worked so they would stop accusing 'the UN' of starving people.

If you want to know how they get put in place just read through this article:

MSNBC

Powell said the United States wants the U.N. Security Council to impose economic, political and/or diplomatic sanctions against Iran because of steps he believes Iran is taking toward developing nuclear weapons.

Speaking with reporters after a daylong trip to Panama, Powell said the administration will push hard for the IAEA to refer the Iran issue to the Security Council for action when the nuclear watchdog group holds a board meeting Sept. 13.

Acknowledging that many board members do not favor Security Council action against Iran at this time, Powell said he will consult with Germany, Britain and France and other IAEA board members about Iran in the coming days.

If sanctions had been passed after that, there are many who would have put the blame on 'the UN' after people suffered from the sanctions.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

I wish that everybody knew just how the UN sanctions worked so they would stop accusing 'the UN' of starving people.

the short version?

control Iraq's entire market, curb supply (starvation is OK as long as revenue doesn't decline), so demand goes up, therefore improving leverage for negotiations (ie. dictat), while making sure only priviliged members of the world-in-a-bombsight corp. get to reap the petrodollars.

i thought Albright once explicitly said that starving 100K children was worth it, keeping in mind this piece of unparalleled wisdom, i think we should all attach blame to Saddam Hussein and only him. (the same dictator once backed ferociously by the West to wage War on Iran, but we're supposed to be loyal and quickly forget that, aren't we, so i'll shut up now)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join