It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We have free will but allow others to impose their will on us. This is ludicrous. Please, feel free to open your hearts and minds to the real world you've always known is before you.

What is the level of comittment you think that you are capable of lending to change? Where does your reality fit in to the world?

Why do you compel yourself to follow systemics or rather why do you allow your only shot as far as you know to BE in all eternity (Only 60-100yrs.) to be given as fed to you rather than make it your own reality? *Choose your paradigm bondage*

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well firstly, your poll answers are all negative.
So I take it that you are assuming that you are the only one with the correct answers? What about those of us who are certain that we are doing OK with our own reality?

Secondly, this is the Secret Society forum. Are you planning on starting up a new secret society? If you are, let me just tell you that you're gonna have a hard time getting something off the ground in a forum. Internet religions might catch on in the future but I doubt that a forum where people have so many differing views on the subject would be the best place to start.

Thirdly, just what the hell are you babbling about? Free will is free will. If people choose to follow something - that is their choice. If "we have free will but allow others to impose their will on us", you're still utilising your free will. The word "allow" makes this so.

*sigh* If you weren't so bloody cryptic maybe I could sense some sort of logic at work.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thirdly, just what the hell are you babbling about? Free will is free will. If people choose to follow something - that is their choice. If "we have free will but allow others to impose their will on us", you're still utilising your free will. The word "allow" makes this so.

*sigh* If you weren't so bloody cryptic maybe I could sense some sort of logic at work.

Wow...cool .

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I though his post made perfect sense.

You do come across as a little patronising though. Many on this site are more aware than you think. I know it is the general populace you want to address but if you want to do it here don't let your frustrations turn your words into indignation. Generally people here are more aware and receptive than most, that�s why they're here.

We have free will but allow others to impose their will on us. This is ludicrous.

All to true.

your only shot as far as you know to BE in all eternity (Only 60-100yrs.)

And that is the reason why it's true.

I learned long ago why and how to find the right path for myself, and now any ridicule, abuse or causticity that comes my way only serves to make me smile, laugh and make me stronger because I know that I am free within myself.

I always ask myself - will I care about it when I'm dead?
Of course not, so why care now?

I voted for 'we not I' by the way.

Shamon!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I vote all of the above and several choices you didn't offer.

Crptic is annother way to say I don't know?

Lucifer negative, how can that be?

Two problems here:

One we only live once, not true by a long shot!

Two once we leave the earth it is all over, no it is only beginning!

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm afraid I don't understand Lucifer (what a horrible name :barf

Free will - The only thing we have left in this horrible world.
Predestination - It's what's going to happen, it'll happen no matter what, free will is just how we get there.

I'm not sure what to answr on your poll.
I think my choice would be, "I'm right, and you have every right to be wrong".
I'm not led by the beliefs of a priest or of another, noone leads my life. Ask my parents if you can find them...
I follow the teachings of Jesus, he's God, he's right to.

Are you being persecuted?
Move to America you can say anything you want to, you just might get shot.
- Tass

top topics

join