It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom, Doom, Doom ,and one more Doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Theres a game called Doom and theres going to be a movie on it and I was woundering if any of you are excited about it or own the game. Do you think it will be any good? Tell me about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The movie looks interesting, but it reminds me of the latest installment of doom. Too bloody dark to see anything !

It does look fairly decent game to movie transition though. The monsters look pretty good.

The acting may take a hit though....

The original doom was one of the first pc games I ever played.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

The original doom was one of the first pc games I ever played.
Realy how interesting and yes the monstars do look pretty good but the acting i realy don't know much about.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
From the shorts i seen of the movie it looked to be very interesting

I wonder how the idea of filming in first person for some of the movie will make it?

if done good i think it could be really good

yeah and dooms not a bad game either

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That alone is the only reason I plan to see it. It simply looks funny as hell that its filmed in this manner. Its suppose to appeal to the Old skool gamers before they turn 30 and forget all that.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Doom was the first PC game I ever played too. I still play it, in fact I played it yesterday. Game never gets boring. I have the whole series too (DOS) and play it over the internet using a third party game engine like Doom Legacy. It has OpenGL graphics and is mod capable (maps, skins, weapons, etc).

As for the movie, looks pretty good but I can't see it looking to appealing to the critics. Wrestlers and movies don't mix, remember Hulk Hogan? But the Rock seems quite capible at acting, heck he has too be, he's a wrestler.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I finished Doom 3 about a month ago and just saw the movie last night. I thought the movie was awesome, they have a 10 minute scene that is in game mode. (Just like you were there) pretty cool. I just wish the movie was longer, they could have done alot more, no Hell scene and they barely went anywhere in the compound, and the Rock is not the hero! Awesome special FX!! I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It doesn't look quite that great, the guns are obviously based on P90's and G-36's which are developed in the 90's...lol

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
hey,I have seen the movie an played the games,the games are awesome,but the movies alright. And if you expect the whole movie to be first person,think again,it onl;y happens for around10 minutes in the end, but what a 10 minutes it was.......

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
It doesn't look quite that great, the guns are obviously based on P90's and G-36's which are developed in the 90's...lol

I know alot of people who are still packin the 1911. Also if I remember correctly Doom 2 featured a double barrel shotgun. They did have the BFG and I think they did a pretty good job on it.

I thought the movie was excellent. I was also left wishing the movie wasn't over.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by alternate]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Think theyll make another one? Also im woundering was the movie based on like which doom game...Did the first doom game even have a storyline?

top topics

join