It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons for the pyramids of Egypt/South America/Mars-solved?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't know if this was already discussed since I may have missed it while scanning over some posts but I did some searching on why the constellation Orion was important to the early Egyptians. Since they built 3 large pyramids in a ground layout pattern similiar to the pattern of Orion's belt, I figured it must have been important to them.

Anyway I found information on this site below: stardate.org...
(scroll down to info on the Nile, Orion, and Osiris if you want to read for yourself)

Basically, the constellation was associated with the important yearly flooding of the Nile and it represented the final resting place of the pharaohs. It makes sense to me to have some correlation between a pharaoh's tomb on the ground and the celestial tomb in the sky. I believe pyramids were generally used as tombs but the great pyramid may have been empty (not sure myself).

[edit on 5-11-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I believe this might be along the idea of this thread so I will add it here even though I haven't read too much about it yet. On the linked site, about half way down is an overhead pattern of the 3 Giza pyramids in the star pattern matching Orion's belt. According to the link, there is another group of 3 pyramid shaped structures underwater in the Pacific. It might be coincidence or something natural but I found it interesting. link www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah25

What about the fact that the pyramids ratio in size is the same ratio as our sun to the star sirius?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

What about the fact that the pyramids ratio in size is the same ratio as our sun to the star sirius?

Hans: And this 'fact' means what exactly? Sirius is about twice the size of Sol....and the point is?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nice idea! I myself love reading everything about Egypt. the pyramids and their relation to Aliens. I believe that the Aliens may have been here first and built the pyramids. Later the Egyptians came and the Alien came back and helped them out with many different things. I could go on but I'm sure you get the basics of what I am saying. I have done papers on this in college and always get the look like I am nuts
I have always believed this and I am not sure why, but since I was little I have always believed in life on other planets and always thought Aliens built or helped build the pyramids.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Howdy Mblahnikluver

The only problem with your idea is that we know where and how the stones for the pyramids were produced, by people using diorite stones to hammer them out of the limestone.

I would recommend you look up pictures of the quarries - you can see the marking from this type of quarrying.

Hardly a method space aliens would use to make a building - well smart space aliens!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The notion that a vast slave army built the pyramids (at least those at Giza) has largely been discounted by modern archeology - Who built the pyramids - Harvard Magazine

The worker camp holds considerably fewer than "20,000" slaves. An ancient Greek named Herodotus speculated that to build Cheops would have taken 100,000 slaves 30 years. But even at 20,000 slaves, this would have been a teeming city in that time, and a large enough force to have resisted any tyrannical Pharaoh. Consider too how do you feed such a mass, without them resorting to pillaging the countryside. Not an easy task in an arid region bordering a desert.

The building blocks at Giza were much more manageable than say, the foundation stones at Baalbak. Egyptians even used barges to carry their quarried stones for a number of their edifices down the Nile (numerous citations exist for this).

But before this thread turns into a "how they built it" debate, the topic poster was looking for "reasons for the pyramids...". What reasons would any culture have for going to the great lengths of building anything? By all accounts the written and carved records left by Pharaohs of that age the reasons were religious. The pyramids at Giza plateau strike a solid resemblance to the celestial arrangement of Orions belt, and Orion (Osiris) was a major importance to the Egyptians.

Of course to understand why a certain culture built something you have to be certain who exactly built it. Did Khufu build the pyramids at Giza? This notion based on a stele placed by Khufu claiming to have built the smaller pyramid and some repairs/restorations to the other pyramids. It was also graffiti left by workers discovered by Vyse in 1837 claiming Cheops built them. But the Stele and Workers Graffiti is open to debate. The "adoption theory" claims Khufu and Khafre restored the great pyramid and second pyramid and the Sphinx, built the causeway and several other structures at the site, in all restoring and adding to what they found there. The workers graffiti was also likely faked as later archeologists have suggested;

www.hallofthegods.org...

The most solid piece of evidence supporting the premise that the Great Pyramid, and by inference the other Giza monuments, originated in the 4th dynasty is the ‘workmen’s graffiti’. This graffiti was discovered by an English adventurer, Colonel Howard Vyse in 1837. It was found inside sealed chambers (the ‘relieving chambers’ above the King’s Chamber) and contained references to Khufu. Thus, on this basis, it was concluded that Khufu had indeed built the pyramid.

The authenticity of the workmen's graffiti in the Great Pyramid is questionable. Alsford and many other authors claim that the graffiti could have been faked. It was known at the time that Colonel Vyse had expended many years and a great deal of money on expeditions to Egypt, but had failed to unearth anything of major significance until his 'amazing' discovery in the Great Pyramid. The Graffiti could have easily been fabricated by copying inscriptions which had already been discovered on other structures and in the quarries nearby. Interestingly, the graffiti was only found in the chambers broken into by the Colonel. The so called Davidson chamber, lying below the other chambers and discovered by an earlier explorer, had no such graffiti. Indeed the rest of the pyramid is strangely devoid of markings of any kind. In the absence of any attempt to radiocarbon date the ‘red ochre’ paint which was used to daub the graffiti onto the massive granite blocks in the relieving chambers, debate as to the authenticity of the graffiti will continue.

If we cant be certain WHO built the pyramids, then we can only speculate as to why they were built.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Someone earlier claimed the Egyptians did not have the wheel. The wheel was most definitely used to layout the great pyramid, as Pi is evident in its geometry. Pi, never known to the Egyptians, would still appear as a result from the use of a wheel as a surveying tool.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by j619pinoy

The pyramids could of been used for time-travel to and fro Mars, Moon, and Earth and who knows where else.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think that the Great Pyramid was built using water locks. The water locks allowed stones on barges to be transproted from the Nile to the building site. I also think that the Great Pyramid was built to be a water pump! It wa a machine which helped the people who built it.

Thanks, Steven Myers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join