It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the relationship between terror alerts and politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here is a great article by a blogger who has put together 13 instances of "coincidences" between terror alerts and political problems...

I am beginning to think that what we are experiencing is nothing less than media manupulation and people manipulation on a massive scale to divert attention away from failed politics and incompetence.

If true its the worst kind of conspiracy we could invent. Forget financial scandles, or ufo coverups, here we are pushing the world in the direction of war with the muslim world, and inciting violence and fear, merely to protect the hides of some politicians.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Last Thursday on Countdown, I referred to the latest terror threat - the reported bomb plot against the New York City subway system - in terms of its timing. President Bush’s speech about the war on terror had come earlier the same day, as had the breaking news of the possible indictment of Karl Rove in the CIA leak investigation.

I suggested that in the last three years there had been about 13 similar coincidences - a political downturn for the administration, followed by a “terror event” - a change in alert status, an arrest, a warning.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How about in the Tom Ridge days, every time Bush's poll numbers dropped, we had an orange alert?

Now whenever I hear about some "terror" warning I blow it off and wonder who got into trouble now!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is purely speculation.
When the inditments are handed down to Rove and Scooter be prepared for a"real" terrorist attack, not an alert. People will die and chicken hawks will beat the war drums, wave the flag and do everything in their power to divert attention from their corruption. The media will support this sham just like last time and the American people will too. Hope I'm wrong!!

5 to 2 anyone?

It's a brave new world!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
isn;t throwing the heat a old political trick??
if they(the people)start asking the tuff questions, then side track em with bull#t.
been used for a long time, in fact, it works wonderfully,
but there is still a small voice that is heard.
the one that cries out,IT;S WRONG!!!!
but the tiny voice is obscured by the fat cat bully, whose agenda is served
by the lies and deceit.
time is the only thing that will bring the truth to the fore.
but is time running out??????????????

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
This is purely speculation.
When the inditments are handed down to Rove and Scooter be prepared for a"real" terrorist attack, not an alert. People will die and chicken hawks will beat the war drums, wave the flag and do everything in their power to divert attention from their corruption. The media will support this sham just like last time and the American people will too. Hope I'm wrong!!

That's actually what I was thinking. Seems you can't win for losing in this country.

They don't give a rat's behind about other people...it's all about them and their retention of power.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is kind of interesting taht the Terror alert levels havn't changed since the last election.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Oberman has been consistently the only mainstream media talking head to not avoid the obvious.

This statement was not new, nor was it kept out of the 24 hour newscycle, but it got buried by a complicit media none the less

Mr. Ridge said: “More often than not we were the least inclined to raise it. Sometimes we disagreed with the intelligence assessment. Sometimes we thought even if the intelligence was good, you don’t necessarily put the country on (alert)… there were times when some people were really aggressive about raising it, and we said ‘for that?’”

14 Points of Fascism

#6. 6. A controlled mass media

Under some of the regimes, the mass media were under strict direct control and could be relied upon never to stray from the party line. Other regimes exercised more subtle power to ensure media orthodoxy. Methods included the control of licensing and access to resources, economic pressure, appeals to patriotism, and implied threats. The leaders of the mass media were often politically compatible with the power elite. The result was usually success in keeping the general public unaware of the regimes’ excesses.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What's interesting is that you are the same people who will cry foul when a warning isn't given out and something happens.

With your viewpoint it is a lose-lose situation. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Instead of trying to constantly hide your distaste for this administration by twisting issues into lose-lose situations, save some bandwidth and say you hate the administration no matter what they do.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by ferretman]

[edit on 18-10-2005 by ferretman]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I like the article. It makes the reader think and asks questions.

baltimore tunnel search thread

I guess something will happen in the next few days to Delay or Rove perhaps.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And i've been watching him more and more, but I don't know which media I can trust, and to watch him sometimes makes me wonder if he's a puppet too.

Isn't that bad when you can't even turn on the news because you don't know who is being straight forward and on the side of truth?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretmanInstead of trying to constantly hide your distaste for this administration by twisting issues into lose-lose situations, save some bandwidth and say you hate the administration no matter what they do.

Very weak observation skills, IMO. If the Sec. of Homeland Security unmistakenly states that he is being trumped/over ruled by the political arm of the administration in issuing alert changes, just as the Joint Chiefs were also back seated by the political arm in war planning, what are you missing?
In every area, and it's happened in every area of the Exec. Branch, you have had mass resignations because people have been devalued in the administration of their assigned area/expertise because of politics first considerations by the administration. Tom Ridge & Asa Hutchinson quit because why exactly? Or Christine Whitman? Or the last couple commanders of SOCOM? Sec. of Army White? The top exec.s in the EPA? Se. of Ed Paige? Sec of State Powell? Sec of Treasury O'Neil?
All highly politicized areas where they were trumped by Rove-nomics

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
Instead of trying to constantly hide your distaste for this administration by twisting issues into lose-lose situations, save some bandwidth and say you hate the administration no matter what they do.

I don't see any one trying to hide their distaste for this administration.
Just like I never saw any conservative republican hide their distaste for Clinton. Seems like a case of likin to dish it out but can't take it when the shoe is on the other foot. [sorry about the mixed metaphors]
btw: I am a republican but I'm not blinded by my ideology.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 18-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think the terror alerts are running thin with the people, there is nothing I have read here that I can disagree with, there is something fishy here.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
What's interesting is that you are the same people who will cry foul when a warning isn't given out and something happens.

I understand that, but when you look at the timing, you can understand why we non-Bushbots get ticked off.

In the Tom Ridge days, if Bush's poll ratings dropped we had an orange alert.

Looks like Cheney or Rove or whoever is going to be indicted--suddenly we have a terrorist threat.

The thing is--it's these little "coincidences." That's what gets us suspicious.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Amythyst -- What do you think about what's happening to Tom DeLay? I can understand Cheney and Rove -- they are pure evil. But I think Tom DeLay may be "getting it" because he's on Bush's bad side. DeLay is a good guy. Look what Bush did to Trent Lott , another good guy. In fact, Frist who Bush strongarmed into Lott's position is now in trouble himself for corruption.

Iwish Bush would quit saying he's a Christian. I'm one, and when this administration is finished if the Dems ever get in power God only knows what kind of revenge they'll pull on the Christians. We always get blamed for everything.

But as you say -- Don't blame me, I voted for Peroutka! (and I did twice)

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Amythyst -- What do you think about what's happening to Tom DeLay? I can understand Cheney and Rove -- they are pure evil. But I think Tom DeLay may be "getting it" because he's on Bush's bad side.

You know, that never occurred to me. And I noticed that the charges against DeLay weren't "major" like oh, say, treason.

I think that happens to a lot of people--get on someone's bad side, get trumped-up charges (don't know if they're trumped up, don't know much about DeLay).

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here's a little ditty.. Apparently terror, nay the fear of terror has a great deal to do with politics in terms of public opinion.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by twitchy]

new topics

top topics

join