It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asylum Seekers Offered Radioactive Wasteland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Belarussian dictator Alexander Lukashenko offer refugee asylum seekers to stay in Belarus, but only if they live in the radioactive No Man's Land created by the Chernobyl disaster where even the poorest Belarussians don´t want to live. Belarus is said to be the country most affected by the Chernobyl catastrophe.

Click on Lukashenko to listen to The Belarusian national anthem (BBC)

RADIOACTIVE REFUGE: Offering Asylum in Chernobyl's No Man's Land (Spiegel)

October 14, 2005

The dictator of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, is making a cynical offer to refugee asylum seekers. You can stay here, but only if you live in the No Man's Land created by the Chernobyl disaster.

According to the wishes of the Belarussian dictator Alexander Lukashenko, more than 200,000 refugees will soon be removed from cities like Minsk, Brest and Grodno. Their new home will be a place in which not even the poorest Belarussians would want to live.

Radiation scientists are appalled by Lukashenko's latest deal. "From a medical point of view this policy is insane," said Sebastian Pflugbeil, president of the German Society for Radiation Protection.

Afghans, Pakistanis and Vietnamese -- in Lukashenko's eyes all nuclear-weapon armed criminals -- should go to the West. In the dictator's eyes this would be a possible revenge for the EU's refusal to nurture political relations with him.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

He is such a nice guy, Lukashenko. This is his way of solving the "refugee problem" once and for all. Refugees might not want to go to Belarus now.

Related Links:

Country profile: Belarus (BBC)

Related ATS Links:
Belarus president Lukashenko has a right to reign forever

[edit on 2006/4/26 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a candidate for Regime Change I wouldn't object against! At least it is on the same damn continent as the UK......

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
He is such a nice guy, Lukashenko. This is his way of solving the "refugee problem" once and for all. Refugees might not want to go to Belarus now.

Why are refugees going to Belarus anyway?
It can't be much better there than where they came from.

Some may flame me for this but I don't really have a problem with his actions.
Europe needs to tighten it's borders and stop accepting refugees from all over the world.
If they don't, the native Europeans will eventually become minorities in their own countries.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Actually Europe did tightened their borders. The refugees´ destination was originally EU. They used Belarus as transit and found the borders into EU closed. Then they were stuck in Belarus...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Perhaps V. Lukashencko want's to see what if anything they might morph into. Who knows with all that radiation around, they may be able to come up with a new kind of light source. On a more humane level, I feel sorry for those who have no means to reject the offer the old, infirm and young that have phy. disabilities. It would most certainaly be a lethal death camp wore than those in WWII. Their deaths would be slow and terrible. I would care not to see it happen.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Japan refuses refugees. They don't even offer them to stay at the land contaminated by the Fukushima incident. Belarus at least had the "decency" to offer them some land...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

Most Asian nations are pretty difficult on the Visa/immigration front. Japan is one of those places that is almost impossible to immigrate to without having something solid to offer them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Hellmutt

Most Asian nations are pretty difficult on the Visa/immigration front. Japan is one of those places that is almost impossible to immigrate to without having something solid to offer them.

So you mean they are evil devils and hate humanity?

...... That's how it works right?...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Man, American politics has turned into 2 bands of simpletons trolling each other with pettyness. When I see the latest headlines on any given day I begin looking for small woodland creatures to punch.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Man, American politics has turned into 2 bands of simpletons trolling each other with pettyness. When I see the latest headlines on any given day I begin looking for small woodland creatures to punch.

Precisely my point old friend

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't blame them these "refugees" show up and form rape gangs, don't get jobs learn the language or actively assimilate into local culture and commit crimes

kick them out on their asses

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yeah, we'd have been better off not bombing their homeland into rubble so they could exercise their cultures where they originated. Im sure they'd be happier, too.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

we live close enough I bet we could meet halfway to punch woodland creatures. Maybe a possum or raccoon.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

we live close enough I bet we could meet halfway to punch woodland creatures. Maybe a possum or raccoon.

Haha I'd suggest armadillos but those lil some bitches corner too fast

top topics

join