It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack in Baghdad - Power out to 70% of city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Cnn is reporting this on US and International TV. Their website is only reporting breaking news. This is on the eve of the vote for the constitution. I was not able to find a better full news source. This tactic is far more effective than the terrorist tactics of killing civilians as it does effect more people.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't think that is anything new to Baghdad. Aren't power outages frequent there?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I don't think that is anything new to Baghdad. Aren't power outages frequent there?

Very.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Found a little on this story,

Baghdad was in a virtual blackout Friday night because of an insurgent attack on the main power line into the city, CNN reported. A tower along the line was blown up, cutting electricity to about 70 percent of the capital and depriving some areas of water because pumps were without power.

The Iraqi Islamic Party`s office in Baghdad was bombed, while hand grenades were thrown into its office in the Sunni stronghold of Falluja, CNN said. Two other offices in cities near Baghdad were also hit.

Link

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Power outages are more common in Iraq than people realize. Only because it was Baghdad did it make major news.

A lot of Iraqis are used to not having any power, or only having power during certain times of the day.

The insurgents are becoming increasingly clever at how they deploy their attacks. Their main focus now (and the U.S. troops top priority) is oil refineries, power plants, and water mains.

insurgents are very devious.

their latest tactics is ice-activated mortars. Sick little devils!

top topics

join