It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Fat People The New Chosen People at The End of The World!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was just watching a report on FoxNews about child obesity being an epidemic not only faced by Americans, but worldwide...except in nations where is food is scarce.

This report claimed that it is a Gene responsible for creating most Child Obesity. These children gain weight rapidly just months after birth and usually remain overweight throughout thier lives.

My question is,... where did this Gene come from?

If scientists are saying that this "epidemic" is caused by a Gene, then that means that it is NOT caused by the fast food resteraunts, and high sugar beverages... it is in the Genetic Make-up of your existance.

In the Bible, it says that the Meak shall inherit the earth. Fat people are in most cases the outcasts of society, they are told that their is something wrong with them, and they lead very lonely miserable lives.

Here is what I am getting at...

If it is the Judgement Day, that the Christians have been so looking forward too... and the complete Wrath of God is about to be unleased onto the Earth and the People. The Chaos would create riots, food shortages, water shortages, ect...

The average lean person would never be able to survive, they simply do not have the fat storage to survive the cold weather and the scarcity of food. All of these people would not survive, where fat people actually have a chance. A Obese person has enough Fat storage to almost go into a state of hibernation while waiting for the world to return to a period of normalicy.

The Fat People are that way because God chose them to survive the coming catastrophy, that is why they have a Gene that makes them the way they are...and when everyone else dies.

The Fat People are going to inherit the Earth.

God does work in mysterious ways...and this almost makes sense.

What do you think???

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
where can I find a reprint of this report?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The World Health Organization (WHO) says that the obesity epidemic is caused by energy-dense foods high in saturated fats and sugars, and reduced physical activity. WHO says genes are not the driving factor.

While genes are important in determining a person's susceptibility to weight gain, energy balance is determined by calorie intake and physical activity. Thus societal changes and worldwide nutrition transition are driving the obesity epidemic.

www.who.int...

I would love to find out who was giving out this information on FOX. I bet it was probably 'big sugar' or Coca-Cola.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I really should stop clicking on threads with titles like this because it may actually say what I think it does... :shk:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ah... in a word, "no."

What's happening is caused by our changing lifestyle and the need for us to reconsider our life habits. In poorer countries, where lifestyles are much similar to ours a century ago, you find few people who are obese. While our nutrition is better, we are overworked and overstressed and we eat like the farmers that we once were. Now we don't go walk a mile each day to the fields and follow a horse around and push a plow... or spend 15 hours per day in the saddle on a horse's back, chasing cows around the bush and doing ranch chores.

And remember, the only ones who have that particular "end times" scenario are the Christians. There are many other religions that don't believe any of those scenarios.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah,

I would post a logical response based on my limited knowledge of genetics, but it's more fun to do this...

This is a hilarious thread, even if you didn't intend for it to be.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's probably actualy the other way around...

More fat, more fuel to burn in the lake of fire.

Have you ever seen a fat person miss a meal? Trust me, they suffer more than us skinny folks....

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
It's probably actualy the other way around...

More fat, more fuel to burn in the lake of fire.

Have you ever seen a fat person miss a meal? Trust me, they suffer more than us skinny folks....

It is times like this I think ATS should have next to the [quote] button, another one that says [apology]. Granted it's not as sincere as a written statement, but maybe it'd be just enough for someone to click it right quick if they're too proud or shy about writing a formal one.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
American food kills. Its that simple. Medicated meats, artificial ingredients, massive carbohydrates, rendered fats, milk... traditional Native American coastal diets have been preserved in essence by the Japanese. Study traditional Japanese cooking and coastal Mexican cooking. Many English books are available at Kinokuniya bookstores.

In a nutshell: Miso soup, rice and beans. A little fresh fish and meat. Fresh fruits and salad. Beans can mean Edamame.

This type of diet will slim you down and give you rejuvenating power.

Fat- assuming it is not the result of a medical condition such as thyroid disease- is not just unaesthetic, it is downright dangerous.

Apologies if this offends; I speak in the best interest of all, and of the Earth.

Just Say No To Half Your Food...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think that they are the ones that are actually at more risk of dying of a heart attack by carrying around all that weight and that puts much more stress on the heart and other important organs that are needed to sustain life.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The countries health has to do a lot with our life styles like many has said in their posts.

But something that get me thinking is that since the invention of refined flour and the products that came right after that including refine sugar, actually has a lot to do with the problems with obesity in this country.

Or at least is one of the biggest factor, lest fiber more sugar and flour.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
well if it's true godd luck to them, they deserve a break after all those nasty body fascists kicking them down all the time.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

It is times like this I think ATS should have next to the [quote] button, another one that says [apology]. Granted it's not as sincere as a written statement, but maybe it'd be just enough for someone to click it right quick if they're too proud or shy about writing a formal one.

Err...What?

If you think what I said was rude. Oh fudgein well!!

Try being an underweight man and see how well you're accepted in society.
I have NO sympathy for fat people, unless it's due to health.
I myself am very underweight due to health reasons, but do you think people take that into consideration when they make comments and snicker?

Most fat people are that way due to ignorance and laziness. Stop eating junk food and get off ya ass once in a while. Sorry if that bothers you.

Trust me I'd rather be fat than skinny, from my prospective they get far more respect and consideration.

But if I misunderstood your post then please except my apology.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

If I'm not allowed to use profanity then why did I pay 1000 points to turn off the censor?

And I use profanity on here often but this is the first warning I've got for it...Hmmmm are you overweight Mirthful Me by any chance?

[edit on 16/10/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
At the "end of the word" or in an apok-o-lips (i cant spell)

or any survival situation

i would mach rather be able to move, than to hibernate.

im a normal weighted person, 6" and 85 kilos, or 180 lbs

and im sure i can easy go 4 days without food, which in my mind is ample time to find something to eat

if i were fat i wouldnt be able to move quick, and would probably get eaten

and i agree with the above posters sentiment on fat people, if you dont want to be fat, stop eating, get up of the couch and do something

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
How will I starve to death? I'll be eating all those plump round people in the EOT.

Fear not for not a piece shall go to waste...

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Partially Hydrogenated, or High Fructose, Glutimate, mean anything to you?
Not to mention Grease Grease Grease...

Sugar Consumption ‘Off The Charts’ Say Health Experts
How much sugar does the average American...

I don't know why i just thought of this but I thought I would relate a change I have seen in my life time. When I was a kid you had to keep the sugar bowl covered or the flies would get into it and eat it. Think about it for a sec... when was the last time you saw a fly eating white sugar?
They won't touch it anymore.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well if it really is gentic maybe we could find a way to rid ourselves of this gene. Thats was cruel don't make fun of people becuse of there weights anmd lets not think about the end im some what over weight at first glance you might not notice it but still I've gotten made fun of and it makes me mad.

so i ask please refan from thoes committs at least im trying to loose fat. Then some times ithink there are some kids who carry aroud as mutch angery as they do body fat. Therte was one kid from grade shool who had horable eating proablems he didn't even drink milk anways later on he got exspelled he's proabley asking for a ticket to hell.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by geekboy]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekboy
....he didn't even drink milk....

You think that's a bad thing? Think again...

www.notmilk.com...

Don't take the comments personaly. If you don't fit the fat-lazy-ignorant-of-good-diet-crowd then the comments were not directed at you, no matter what your weight. If you do fit then....

BTW be careful the milk comment might have given you away though

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
WOW! I feel like I just stepped back into grade school!!! Who else can we make fun of today.....

I thought we were gonna talk about why people are getting fatter and fatter. Could it be because we sit in a chair infront of a computer during our free time,eating Big Macs washed down with a half gallon of Pepsi that we didn't even have to get out of the car to get? Hmmmmmmm. Genes? I think not. Kids would rather sit and play video games then go outside and run. I remember when I was a kid,we were outside until we were made to come in the house....kicking and screaming no less.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by saint4God

If I'm not allowed to use profanity then why did I pay 1000 points to turn off the censor?

And I use profanity on here often but this is the first warning I've got for it...Hmmmm are you overweight Mirthful Me by any chance?

[edit on 16/10/2005 by ANOK]

That's EXACTLY what I said when I got a warning!!! I got that censor thing too, but now, I can't use cuss words. That turn censors off this is a joke.
I don't even know why it's there...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join