It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Got The Ability Of Intuition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
How many people believe in the teachings and gifts of intuition? Do you believe we are all born with a sixth sense and just need to awaken our abilities, or do you believe certain individuals are given special gifts?

What do you believe "intuition" really is?

Is it a form of communication with the other side? Could there be a deep connection within the soul that enables us to speak and hear from God? Is it mind and soul communication?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe that I can channel and I have been able to predict and see things.

I think that intuition is a more narrow and common occurence than being psychic etc.

In fact I think that nearly everyone has power of intuition to some extent,

we are just conditioned to ignore it or to not trust it.

intuition may just be our feelings about a person we just met and know nothing about.

we are taught to ignore this and just assume that everyone is the same and that we should not judge until we have concrete reasons to believe certain things about a person.

that is an example of intuition and how society down plays it.

but on the other hand certain people have psychological problems and they 'project' onto others their own characteristics too. You could call that intuition but it is not, is it?

good idea for a thread because most people should think about this subject.

I also believe that an awareness of one's intuition leads to bigger and better abilities in the long run.

think of it as a training ground of sorts.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
First of all, I think what you define as "intuition" is very fuzzy when it comes to what we know about it. It is obvious that some people do have something extra, wether or not it is dormant in all of us until we find it, well I think that will come if Science ever decides to make a big time merge with the paranormal in terms of research, which by the looks of things could be around the corner.

Anyway, I definately have somehting along the lines of Intuition - I have had numerous "psychic" dreams, or remote visions, and I am often aware of things soon before they happen. But more often that not it is negative things I sense, and to be honest it gets a bit depressing........

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
hey

i have this "intuition"

it used to be way far beyond that,

please read this thread in ufo city

www.ufocity.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I dont even know what 'Intuition' means.. so.. beats me.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outtis
I dont even know what 'Intuition' means.. so.. beats me.

Intution....quick and ready insight,the power or faculty of attaining to direct knowledge or cognition without evident rational thought and inference...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
All signs point to yes.
I cannot say how great or common my intuition is, I only know that I do have and more often then not I do listen to it and heed it.
I have done a few tests..
In some cases it is very strong in areas such as mind reading especially with people I already have a close bond with.
I have no idea on a scale of 1 to 10 how I would rate, I only know that it is there and it does exist for me.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
TRD

I really don't think it has anything to do with "God".
If we are all gods, wich I think, than intuition is just a small portion of thoses unknown powers that our brains (or mind) holds. Today science and research underestimate the power of the mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
TRD

I really don't think it has anything to do with "God".
If we are all gods, wich I think, than intuition is just a small portion of thoses unknown powers that our brains (or mind) holds. Today science and research underestimate the power of the mind.

I didn't say it was to do with God,just asking if it possibly could..

But your right the brain has powers that we don't even know we have,but why do we not use them why do they stay hidden?

xn

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Intuition is the knowing of something just cuz. It's like you just know something cuz you just know.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Could it be that, yes we all have the ability to 'see' but some of us either arnt there yet, or never will be?

Has anyone thought about the last galactic superwave that may have damaged our dna to have these abilities, even though some of us still have a portion of the power?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
smirkley,

hmmm, I don't think the wave damages anyone per se. Likely it elevates those it can. I think genetic damage is more a result of tampering by other entities and part of the genetic engineering of which humans have been a part of for sometime. Blame it on those lizards.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think were all born with abilitys that seemed to brush away as we grow older.
With proper training im sure one could achieve these intuitions.
I blame it on ignorance of society. Children show more of these "powers" than children being unscathed by society.
Deep

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
has the ability of intuition, and I mean all living souls here on earth or anywhere else. But most don't believe in this or define it in different terms then it should be and then most pass off daily intuitions as mere thoughts that really mean nothing with respect to abilities of the human mind..

It is known that women are far more intuitive then men. I'm not going to go into why I believe this is somewhat true..but intuition is not necessarily an 'ability' or gift it is something there for the taking and using just like our normal daily thoughts. All we have to do is trust our thoughts that come to mind without analyzing them or picking them apart. How many times have any of you thought of something, passed it off then later found it what you thought was true? And then you say "if only I had trusted or believed in my thought or feeling"? I have done this many times..but you eventually learn to just trust in what you feel as you are correct more so then not..that is intuition, and we all possess it.

ZeroDeep & I would agree

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think we all have a certain gift of knowledge some more than others, I listen to my intuition whenever I meet someone and feel fear for no reason, the last time this happened the person I met was being all nice and helpful but I was terrified and he did try to kill me so I was right.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
honestly i see the whole day before hand sometimes...
i believe that my spirit symbolically reaches out and grabs information and then sends it back to my brain while in the delta or theta(or at least that what the scientist would say)...
at times i control how the information is percieved with my will...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The only thing I have is tons of hard earned experience on what to do and not to do in life. I doubt that can be considered intuition, but I can predict how my days will turn out and how people will react in a situation now that I understand life and human nature to a greater degree.

I only wish I had inborn foreknowledge/intuition or I wouldn't have suffered through many of the things I have in life.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
the things you see previously are symbols of things to come and regardless of you actions destiny will still take its course...
i tend to resent the physical body i am in...
i find i have more power over my decisions in deep states than i in the flesh when it comes down to it...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here are my thoughts on intuition:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join