It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the 2006 Elections even happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

PODcast: Will the 2006 Elections even happen?
BH (with help from the board members) wonders about the security of our 'free state'

length: 04:06
file: atspodcast_553.mp3
size: 1926k
feed: ats

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
ATS Thread by WestPoint23
Bush calls for the Military to be in charge when Natural Disasters occur.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Article linked: Bush Calls for Military to Lead in Disaster Recovery
www.bloomberg.com...

The idea of putting the military in a more prominent role in disaster recovery may have to overcome several hurdles, including laws prohibiting federal soldiers from taking on domestic law enforcement duties.

ATS Thread by Amuk:
Gun and Property rights issues in the aftermath of Katrina
Article linked: Police tackle elderly lady to disarm her.
www.prisonplanet.com...
Self-explanatory

ATS Thread by Thomas Crowne:
Bush Preparing for a Police State?
Article linked: Bush On Militarized Police State Preparation
www.prisonplanet.com...
Rep. Congressman Ron Paul says that the indictment story is far more damaging than the media is portraying. That avian flu martial law provisions are actually aimed at gun confiscation.
Paul has accused the Bush administration of attempting to set in motion a militarized police state in America by enacting gun confiscation martial law provisions in the event of an avian flu pandemic.

Hospitals to treat avian flu epidemic same as terrorist attack
www.prisonplanet.com...

President George Bush last week hinted that should an outbreak of human-to-human avian flu occur in the United States, he would use the military to force a quarantine of the infected area.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I fell that it will be an election in 2008 but as the results of the election that will be for others to decide and we the American people will have nothing to do with it.

On taking guns away well not sane American will give away their rights on that, I can even see groups of American citizens rebelling publicly against such an idea.

Now for the quarantine, well if we have an epidemic quarantine will mean nothing.

Bush can say all he wants and hint all he cares to hint but I have the feeling that the American people will take matters into its hand if he steps beyond the boundaries of what the American people deem as what the amount of power that government has over their personal lives..

I still have faith in my fellow American.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Isn't the election in 2008???

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Isn't the election in 2008???

Thanks for that one I completly got blind on that littler fact.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sorry, I made a reply before hearing the podcast. (Congressional election) But all of the concerns that were implied were not so unjustifiable. We live in a structured system. State are responsible for control of their systems and when an event happens that prevenst this, the feds come in to fix it. Now my understanding with his ideology (I am anti-bush) is that if all is normal all is normal. But if a major epidemic or a catastrophic disaster happens the feds will come in and fix it. What is so evasive about that?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
But if a major epidemic or a catastrophic disaster happens the feds will come in and fix it. What is so evasive about that?

The problem would be that the majority of people in the world don't trust the american federal government. Alot of american citizens might trust their state govt. more than the federal one, I know I certainly do. (Just not the people running it RIGHT NOW, Victorian labor party is doing a CRAP job at the moment, but at least I trust them more than I trust John Howard, the Prime Minister)

If your home town was invaded by FEMA troops working on behalf of some government that you didn't vote for, taking power from some state government that you DID vote for, wouldn't YOU be pissed off?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
NRKY, I may be pissed because I am a self-proclaimed control freak. Now because I'm selfish, but because I don't trust anyone else to make my decisions. As for troops coming in after a catastrophy, it would depend on the moral of my state. Fed gov. has more resources than state. They are able to hold a stronger front. Now, frankly I dispise Bush and his ideology, but I do not think the man is evil. Stupid yes, evil no! I look at the administration like an immigrant with visions of grandure. No real sympathetic experience for the reality of our world, yet a strong yearning to succeed no matter the consequesnces. But I just think Bush is trying to cater to the patriotic americans that would prefer the feds backing.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Great responses! I'm not ignoring...

After I made this PODcast this morning, I went to the doctor and she removed what she thinks is a skin cancer on my forearm so I can't type anymore. Please carry on the great activity!
Thanks!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

PODcast: Will the 2006 Elections even happen? (reply 1)
BH responds to posters, clarifies concerns.

length: 02:49
file: atspodcast_558.mp3
size: 1324k
feed:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I replied by PODcast,

awaiting approval

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There is no need to worry people. The 2006 elections will be held right on time. I'm not really sure why anyone thinks that they won't be.

The majority of the American people still (for the most part) support the President and their republican leaders, and even if they did not the republicans would not try to put off the 2006 elections, the idea of that is 100% insane.

Are you saying that the republicans somehow control the avain flu??

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I fell that it will be an election in 2008 but as the results of the election that will be for others to decide and we the American people will have nothing to do with it.

What makes you think this?? President Bush was voted into office twice by the majority of the American people. The people are still in full control.

On taking guns away well not sane American will give away their rights on that, I can even see groups of American citizens rebelling publicly against such an idea.

President Bush is not in favor of "taking peoples guns away", I think you must be thinking of the liberals in congress.

Now for the quarantine, well if we have an epidemic quarantine will mean nothing.

Please explian, this statment makes no sense.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... american politics... *snooze*
Republican, Democrat, you twits all seem to think that your polarization on issues such as gun control, abortion, etc., actually MATTER in the grand scheme of politics. "I'm a RIGHT TO LIFER! Screw you you stupid right to choicer's, I wanna kill you!", these kind of political standpoints in america, make the rest of the world hate you.
Think about it for a bit... Your nation should not even give it's citizens guns in the first place, the second amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." this would appear to relate to the nessecity of forming organised (hence. DEMOCRATIC and for THE PEOPLE, not anarchic and selfish, like we see today) militias in the face of state-destroying forces, NOT for home defense against domestic disputes!

As for the abortion issue... sure the people fighting to be able to have a choice, have a valid case, but what's with you idiots who counter-protest stating that their unborn should be have a right to life? Stop trying to impose your christian morals upon other people. First amenment to the constitution allows you YOUR religious beliefs, so allow them theirs.

The twenty-second amenment to the constitution: "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once." Notice that it gives allowances for people sitting in the presidential seat who WEREN'T elected into it?! I don't see anything in there to stop bush from stealing the presidential election year after year after year, but in order to continue uncontested (ie. to avoid civil war), bush would need to repeal the 22nd amendment, of which he could quite easily do, given a pretext of war. On the easier side, however, he could simply put his cronies into Cabinet positions, have some other gimp elected into the presidential seat, have them assasinated, and have his cronies take the presidential seat. It would just be easier, though, to put his cronies in the electoral ballot, and have them 'voted' in to the presidential position, in the same manner he was. The bush regime isn't just george bush, it's his neocon buddies that help play the game, too... bush is just the bishop, lose him, game isn't over yet.

No "you don't live in america so you don't have the right to argue these points" rhetorts, please, it only makes you look incompetent and unable to form an argument.

quote:

quote:
Please explian, this statment makes no sense.

He meant that if a major epidemic were to go underway, that he believed the CDC/FEMA would be incapable of undertaking sufficient quarantine procedures to contain the threat. Fortunately for the rest of the world, he is far from right. FEMA's lack of doing a good job in New Orleans was done on purpose, as a pretext to increase their funding. They are perfectly capable of containing the spread of a disease in the usa, but are they actually GOING to do so when the time comes... probably not.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Quarantine will not work because no American citizen will allow anybody to force them into camps.

Also we are people that live in close areas and neighborhoods and work in close spaces by the time an epidemic is eminent the entire population will be sick including those that are to enforce quarantine.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Quarantine will not work because no American citizen will allow anybody to force them into camps.

Also we are people that live in close areas and neighborhoods and work in close spaces by the time an epidemic is eminent the entire population will be sick including those that are to enforce quarantine.

Remember what happened at the GOP protests? It isn't a matter of whether or not you will LET them round you up, it's a matter of whether or not you'll be able to ESCAPE. Seriously, do you really think a bunch of militant americans are going to be able to stop a FEMA quarantine with military forces backing it up? NOT ON YOUR LIFE, BUDDY!

You underestimate the Big Brother watchdog state, my friend. Notice all those cameras around the place, well they're there so that numerous private entities (and state-controlled police forces) can alert the govt. at any possible riots, political dissention, zombie outbreaks, etc.. In their paranoia, the govt. likes to pay attention to every possible viral outbreak reported by hospitals. Oh, also, don't think that your own desires for personal freedoms will stop the govt. from cracking down on your neighbourhood if there IS an outbreak. That's what they DO!

[edit on 13-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Republican, Democrat, you twits all seem to think that your polarization on issues such as gun control, abortion, etc., actually MATTER in the grand scheme of politics.

Well if no one did then nothing would get done. No points would be made, no presidents would be elected because we wouldn't think what we thought mattered.

Oringinally posted by nrky
Well, "I'm a RIGHT TO LIFER! Screw you you stupid right to choicer's, I wanna kill you!", these kind of political standpoints in america, make the rest of the world hate you.
Pardon? If you actually lived in America you might actually know that people don't say that. I assume your talking about abortion? Well, I'm a prolife guy and I've never seriously stated that I've wanted to kill someone. Really, when have you ever heard that statement said before by someone?

Originally posted by nrky
As for the abortion issue... sure the people fighting to be able to have a choice, have a valid case, but what's with you idiots who counter-protest stating that their unborn should be have a right to life? Stop trying to impose your christian morals upon other people. First amenment to the constitution allows you YOUR religious beliefs, so allow them theirs.
Yeah, the first amendment does say that they can have their religious beliefs but IT DOESN'T SAY WE HAVE TO SHUT UP ABOUT OURS! IF YOU MAKE US SHUT UP ABOUT OUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ITS THE SAME AS MAKING US NOT HAVING ANY! AND NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHT TO WORSHIP!! NOT YOU NOT ANYONE!!!!

Anyway, if only one side of the argument is voiced who are the people going to listen too? That side of the argument. So, maybe you ought to stop imposing your morals on me before you go on about how I'm imposing my morals on you. We have a right to a peaceable assembly and by golly we are going to use it!!
Abortion is the same as murder, and just because your killing people before they can voice their will to live doesn't change that.

Also about the quarantine, I don't know about you but if I get sick I want to get healed as quick as possible and not try and infect other people. If they watch for political protests so they can break them up why didn't they break up that Anti-Bush protest in New York before he was elected into office the 2nd time?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well, BH, I feel the same about the 2008 elections, I fear he will be unwilling to give up his power...this ofcourse would only become a major war against the Bush Administration.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Bush is going to become a dictator...yadda yadda...yadda. When has he even remotely said anything, acted in any manner that gave the slightest indication that he was or is planning anything of the sort? All he has done is in accordance to the powers vested to him as president by the constitution. His powers stated in the constitution in a time of war are purposely vague, so as to allow him to do what is neccessary.

How in the blinkin' blue blazes do you think he could possibly think that he could get away with something so stupid. The people AND the military would rise up against him and his cronies...geez. Can't happen, won't happen.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask...where is this pandemic everyone is so worried about? Last I heard, and please correct me if I'm wrong, a few hundred doesn't quite qualify. Course with news out of China so hard to come by, those numbers could be much larger.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

[edit on 14-10-2005 by marg6043]

thats very true ...Hillary clinton, should move in already... it is as if she dictating orders with her dumb mouth already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join