It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Fed keeps raising the interest rates in spite of rising gas prices and over all increase in cost of living. that's the news.

What I want to know is who are the Reserve? Who do they answer to?

Why do they exist?

And most important of all, does anyone remember the announcement back on 9/11 that the Reserve was moving hundreds of thousands of our dollars out of America? I think it was being moved to Cannada, but memory may not serve me well there.

I heard that announcement with my own ears, though I don't recall the exact amount of money mentioned. I was living in Calif at the time and watching news all day every day from 9/11 on for quite awhile. I heard that announcement once, and never again, nor any discussion about it.

Anyone else curious?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. A full term is fourteen years. One term begins every two years, on February 1 of even-numbered years. A member who serves a full term may not be reappointed. A member who completes an unexpired portion of a term may be reappointed. All terms end on their statutory date regardless of the date on which the member is sworn into office.

The Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Board are named by the President from among the members and are confirmed by the Senate. They serve a term of four years. A member's term on the Board is not affected by his or her status as Chairman or Vice Chairman.

Alan Greenspan, Chairman

Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., Vice Chairman

Susan Schmidt Bies

Mark W. Olson

Donald L. Kohn

Memberships since 1913
www.federalreserve.gov...

I am still working on who they directly report to and how the system operates. The source link below has a wealth of knowledge you can use.

Source
www.federalreserve.gov...

[edit on 14-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the FYI. Appreciated.

However, I'm a boomer and ever since I can remember hearing anything about the Fed Greenspan has been on it. How the heck old is he?

If I can dredge up that long ago memory, I seem to recall a Greenspan that was editor of a newspaper or a columnist, one, of a paper in Las Vegas that my mother thought highly of, so he must have been pretty liberal. Somehow I came to the conclusion through the years that it is the same guy. So everytime I hear of him now, I'm amazed he's still alive and just the other day I saw him walking down a street on TV, so he's ambulatory too.

Is he immortal?? A robot? A clone? What is he, and whY?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
The Fed keeps raising the interest rates in spite of rising gas prices and over all increase in cost of living. that's the news.

What I want to know is who are the Reserve? Who do they answer to?

Why do they exist?

And most important of all, does anyone remember the announcement back on 9/11 that the Reserve was moving hundreds of thousands of our dollars out of America? I think it was being moved to Cannada, but memory may not serve me well there.

I heard that announcement with my own ears, though I don't recall the exact amount of money mentioned. I was living in Calif at the time and watching news all day every day from 9/11 on for quite awhile. I heard that announcement once, and never again, nor any discussion about it.

Anyone else curious?

Very curious indeed.........

I think some of answers you are looking for might be in this documentary:

Money masters pt1
Money masters pt2

and this may shed a little light,
The house of Rothschild

Hope this helps

~Peace
~

join