It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Full Video Of New Orleans Police Beating Made Available By AP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well since I know what it means and there are no Kaniggts willing to break their code, I’ll tell you. The blue bar with a yellow stripe means that you are the close friend/family of a law enforcement officer in any state, and should therefore not be pulled over under any circumstances. It used to be if you had the gold metallic shield of their union (very hard to get unless you knew someone on the force). I have one because my friend is a union shop Stewart. This is not that sticker that they give out to anyone that gave them the $20.99, which the union used to ask for, that is a different sticker. Why am I stating this now?

Well I guess that I am sick of seeing some of these guys profiting from such things as getting out of well deserved tickets, using their “accidental” badge flashes (putting your thumb on the wallet flap that covers your badge while showing your ID, and pushing up) to get in everywhere for free, and getting their wives and girl friends through abuse of the power that they have at their disposal, as a light example, then going to work and beating the snot outta someone, which they conisder is a lesser person then they are, who breaks the same laws. I am sure that I will be flagged as a trouble maker, and that is cool. I am just curious why no-one has responded to this thread?

What I hit to close to the mark?
Too many key words used?
Am I on global ignore?

Then let’s not even get into racial profiling that supposedly does not happen…
Rich guy in a poor neighborhood in trouble... He was out looking for drugs, or hookers...
Poor guy in a rich neighborhood in trouble... He was looking to rob someone…
Got more tools in your car then you need to change a tire (fishing law)… then you have tools of burglary... Have to call the police for any reason... You were most likely somewhere you should have not been to begin with….

[edit on 10/17/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Silence often means consent, or agreement...
We used to have several posters of the "blue knight" variety, but alas, they post less these days...

could be that they didn't like to have hard questions posed, that they didn't want to take responsibility of the answering for.

remember... while similiar colors are used, you can hardly paint all Officers with the same brush... there are several threads on this, and hardly needs to be addressed again...
lets try to stay specific to this incident... since this one involved several situations not normally included. (hurricane, massive death toll, severe overwork, personal tragedy...ect)

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
True enough, I am not saying that all police prescribe 100% to what I am saying, but most of the ones I know do. In a way it’s really not that strange, if there is a fight at work between someone you know and some strange person wandering through, whose story are you more prone to believe, whether true or not. I suppose they are people too; however considering the authority they are given, they should be less apt to come down on folks as hard as they do, when those folks obviously present no danger to them. Also something needs to be done about the refusal to obey what they consider a lawful verbal command, or at the very least to put extremely hard laws on what those commands are and when they may be issued. There are laws like this that govern the Miranda laws, why not these also?

If this in not the case, why do we hear stories, even from the police themselves that if you wrong a cop you better not sneeze while being arrested? Kids getting shot with tasor guns in school for acting up? Why was this guy hurt like he was? He put out a cigarette and his hand dropped below his waist. If you saw “Meet the Falkers”, the state trooper in that movie is not to far from the truth in this instance, which is part of what makes the joke viable. " You are failing to comply with a lawful verbal command!"

The “he was possibly going for a weapon” thing has been used to death and it is used too often as an excuse for abusing those taken into custody. 99% of the time the dead guy never had a viable weapon on him to begin with.

At present saying anything from “Oh, your hurting me”, to “I wish to speak to my attorney”, to, “I want a supervisor present”, is considered to be resisting arrest, and failing to follow a lawful verbal command. Your only right is to ask for an attorney, and that is only AFTER you are at the jail, seen the video of your Miranda rights, and been booked…

A process I know from having known the officers I have as friends, and hearing their stories and jokes.

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
lets try to stay specific to this incident... since this one involved several situations not normally included. (hurricane, massive death toll, severe overwork, personal tragedy...ect)

Were the federal officers involved in this incident, the FBI agent, and the Customs agent, under similar stress, that is not to mention that I believe that one of the posts stated that at least one of the officers was not a New Orleans officer to begin with?

[edit on 10/17/2005 by defcon5]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join