It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush preparing for a police state?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kajuroe
Ok well let's try playing a little game. Give the government your full name in an anonymous email and say that you think this person "may" be a terrorist or have an association with Bin Laden. You don't even have to give any particulars just a simple "I think, maybe, and might be" will suffice. Then get back with us about how your civil liberties are not being infringed upon.

Actually there was a post a bit like that last year here on ATS. I can't remember who posted it, but let's just say 'Fred' posted it, hehe.

Anyway, so 'Fred' posted a topic in which he mentioned that some person of middle eastern descent had asked him to join some sort of a radical group or something here in the U.S.
So 'Fred' had gone to the FBI and reported it. Then after a few days the FBI had picked up this guy who 'Fred' accused of being a terrorist, the FBI said "Don't worry, this guy won't be seeing the light of day for a long time."

My guess is he got shipped off to Guantanamo Bay or something ... and this was just an accusation, it just took them a couple of days to pick him up, arrest him and ship him off to Guantanamo or wherever he went.

However I'm not totally sure about the authenticity of the whole thing, but I guess I have to take 'Freds' word for it.

I'll see if I can find the post.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What if I did garauntee you there will not be an election in 2008?

What will you say to that?

Will you sit around?

Maybe you will try to do 20 push ups in 10 minutes?

Maybe I will do 400 push ups(with fist, not palm) in 40 minutes.

Then I will engage in Tai Chi for an hour.

Then I will kick with 5 pound weights on both legs for about an hour.

Then I will ride my bike for 2 hours.

Then I will relax and do as I wish for 3.5 hours.

Then I will repeat the previous.

Then I will relax and do as I wish for 3.5 hours.

...Then I will sleep and then awake to repeat the same.

Unite dammit.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by ChibiChan]

[edit on 24-1-2006 by ChibiChan]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChibiChan
What if I did garauntee you there will not be an election in 2008?

What will you say to that?

My answer to your "guarantee" would be to see if you were willing to give me odds on your "garauntee". I might just have to fund part of my retirement with my winnings from betting against you.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you think they can't take away our guns, think again. Australia already did exactly that, way back in 1996 or 1997. They issued very harsh penalties such as prison time for anyone who didn't turn in their guns. And the government didn't need any search warrants either. In many cases, they just simply walked into the house and started searching. THe Australians complied, needless to say. ANd they are/were an extremely freedom-loving people.

nj.npri.org...

Australia has long been pro-gun, probably even more than we here in the American South is. Gun owners here have to be registered, which means they have a handy data base that tells them who has guns when they start confiscating them.

Think it can't happen here? Think again...

-Forestlady

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join