It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Little Pebble - Self Professed Final Pope Jailed For Child Sexual Assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
William Kamm, known by his followers as "Little Pebble" has been sentenced to five years jail for the sexual assault of a 15 year old girl. Kamm the 55 year old leader of the Order of Saint Charbel, an offshoot of the Catholic church has claimed to intercede with the virgin Mary and declared himself the last pope. He further claimed visions telling him to establish a royal house with 12 queens and 72 princesses to bear him children. He established his 'royal house' in Nowra a south Eastern coastal town in Australia and had many followers although many broke away from him when he announced that he was taking the wifes of his followers as his queens. The Vatican ordered an investigation into Little Pebbles activities and visions and he was outlawed and dennounced by the catholic church in 2002.

www.news.com.au

As a prophet of the End Times, William Kamm often preached about God's fiery judgment and the world's imminent damnation.

Today, a district court judge laid out the future for the 55-year-old known as "The Little Pebble" – five years jail as punishment for molesting a 15-year-old girl from his flock.

He was highly esteemed as a holy man who interceded with the Virgin Mary and had also declared himself to be "the last pope" who was waiting to ascend the papacy.

But others remained loyal and believed his assurances that the conceptions would result from a holy hug and not from sex.

But a NSW District Court jury decided on July 8 that his embraces with a 15-year-old girl were sexual to the point of breast fondling; his kisses were performed with his tongue and on one occasion he parked his car on a public street and masturbated her in broad daylight.

The subsequent charges of aggravated sexual intercourse and four counts of aggravated indecent assault were dated between July and November 1993 – when Kamm was almost three times his victim's age.

The offences happened 12 years ago – and another world away.

"Do you ever think about us making love, do you ever desire it," he wrote on July 14.

Kamm told the girl a few months later that she could sleep with him because "heaven has already said yes to me", even though she was still below the legal age of consent.

"So we can make love any time but you can not fall pregnant yet ... I know how to make love to you without you falling pregnant," he wrote.

The girl had a diary in which she would write petitions to the Virgin Mary, and the inspired answers – written by the Little Pebble's hand – reinforced his beckoning for a deeper intimacy.

"You have permission for an intimate union with your husband at any time but remember, be discreet," a reply from "Mary" said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is about time this man was locked away. His activities have long been a focus of Australian and even world media but this is the first time he has been caught breaking a law. He is a disgusting old pervert that is using religion to further his own sick sexual needs and the need for power.

He has hoodwinked many respectable followers and while that is sad, it goes to show how stupid and gullible people can be. He started off being a respectable preacher and then he went totally off the rails seemingly as he found that people hung onto his every word and to an extent worshipped him.

He has made many predications about the end of the world, none of which has happened.

Unfortunately he will be serving his sentence in protective custody. I think that he should know that God will protect him and go and do his time in general population where he can preach and convert all those other criminals quite happily. I am sure the other criminals can find a good use for this preacher.

users.bigpond.net.au...

Whereas on 27 September 1999, following many warnings by himself and his predecessor, Most Rev William Murray aver a period of more than 15 years (with particular reference to the pastoral letter by Bishop William Murray dated 2 December 1984 and entitled On True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary) Most Rev Philip Wilson then Bishop of Wollongong. issued a Decree against Mr William Kamm and his so-called Order of St Charbel requesting him to:

1. Refrain from making public statements that your organisation has been recognised by ecclesiastical authority,
2. Inform the members of your organisation of this fact, and of the invalidity of their vows
3. Instruct those members who have supposedly taken vows in your institution not to wear any semblance of a religious habit in public or to claim they belong to an approved Catholic institute of consecrated life
4. Stop this work, to give up all association with Bartholomew Schneider and to close the so-called Order of St Charbel for the good of souls

Related News Links:
www.theotokos.org.uk
www.rickross.com
www.theotokos.org.uk

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I first heard about that loon around 15 years ago. He wanted all the
alleged 'visionaries' to come together and have him as head visionary
to run a 'remnant church' kind of thing.

He's a sicko. The church identified him as such right from the start.
Glad to see the secular authorities are giving him the 'reward' he
deserves. I'm sure he'll be popular in prison.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

As a prophet of the End Times, William Kamm often preached about God's fiery judgment and the world's imminent damnation.

Who says prophets can't predict their own future?

Seems he's got Koresh syndrome... What a creep... I hope he's eventually put into general population and made somebody else's "princess"

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

But others remained loyal and believed his assurances that the conceptions would result from a holy hug and not from sex.

...This would be hilarious if it wasn't so damaging to children. We need to figure out a way to make people smarter... School doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Zip

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
And the show must go on

www.abc.net.au...

A religious community on the New South Wales south coast has vowed to continue its activities despite the jailing of its spiritual leader for sex offences.

William Kamm, known as the Little Pebble, was jailed for up to five years for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.

The girl was a 'spiritual wife' of Kamm, who headed the community near Nowra.

The Order of St Charbel has issued a statement urging followers to remain at peace and united in their faith.

The statement from the group's bishop, Malcolm Broussard, says the order will continue to go forward.

Mr Broussard, who was excommunicated from the Catholic Church in 2003, says the dark forces of evil have won a victory.

He says an appeal against the sentence has been lodged.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I really hate when losers like this who're desperate for a sexual life, or power manipulate respectable religions for their own purposes. It's about time this guy got what was coming to him.

I really don't care what your religion is, it's just flat out wrong for an old guy like him to make such advances on a fifteen year old. I agree with what Zipdot has to say. I now demand that all schools implement a class on common sense, because we obviously seem to need it.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I really don't care what your religion is ....

Honestly, I don't think this is a 'religion' for the Little Pebble guy.
It's a con. A con to get $$$. A con to get sex from lots of teenage
girls. He's disgusting.

[edit on 10/17/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah this is definatly sickening. But at least there wasn't a mass suicide like at Jonestown. That was the event that convinced me never to join a cult, it seems that these days you can't trust anybody claiming to be a religious leader. Really, every prophet you meet is trying to get you to commit suicide or gas a subway, you never know which priest is trying to molest you, and for all I know the Pope is building a deathray.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Never Drink the Kool Aid! Or at least let someone else drink it first to see what happens.

Also, cults can be fun! Some the men castrate themselves, some the women are used as "Alters", others you get to go on a space ship just behind the comet if you kill yourself! Doesn't that sound like fun!?!?!

How people can be that weak minded will never be known to me. I mean, look at the largest cult today, the GOP. These people literally believe everything the leader says. The Leader himself has admitted to talking to God and uses that to explain his actions! How many Cult Leaders do you know of that can actually talk to God?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
An update for this story. Little Pebble, William Kamm appeared in a Sydney court today charged with further child sex offences. The offences occured on a young girl within Little Pebbles religious community starting when she was 11 years of age.

Apparently the girl has layed claims of sexual assault in the past on another member of the congregation.

Durin the court appearance Little Pebble asked for bail. This part of the prceedings I do not understand. The first article quoted below makes no mention of Little Pebbles current conviction and sentence. When the judge made his statement it really sounded like he didn't know that Kamm was already in jail for child sex offences.

It is starting to look more and more like this was a paedophile ring run by Little Pebble. He appears to have attracted like minded people to his flock and created laws upon himself supposedly stemming from visions that excused his sexual sickness and allowed it to to run rampart. If this is the case I would say as more and more of his flock get unbrainwashed that more and more charges will be levelled at him. I wonder how many girls are suffering in silence knowing their parents, as part of the congregation stood by and allowed or condoned this sexual predator and his behaviour to ruin and destroy their child's innocence.

'Little Pebble' faces assault charges - October
www.news.com.au...

A NEW South Wales south coast group leader has faced court today on assault charges.
William Kamm, 55, known to his followers as "The Little Pebble", founded the Order of Saint Charbel at Cambewarra, near Nowra.
Kamm today appeared in Parramatta Local Court on 11 indecent and sexual assault charges relating to one of his followers.
The alleged offences date between June 1998 and December 2001.
Prosecutor Sergeant Richard Thompson told the court the assault began when the girl, now 18, was aged 11.
Kamm's barrister Greg Stanton argued the prosecution case was not corroborated by evidence.
He also questioned the motives of the complainant, who had previously tried unsuccessfully to bring similar charges against another group member.
Magistrate Jennifer Betts refused Kamm bail on the charges saying she was concerned about protecting the girl and other members of the community.
She said the strength of the prosecution case meant a custodial sentence was likely, which made Kamm a flight risk

Flight risk ? How can he be a flight risk when he is already convicted and serving a sentence? How can he be remanded? Why wasn't he just returned to custody. Two different reports of one story.

Little Pebble Charged With Sex Abuse
www.abc.net.au...

A New South Wales religious figure who has been charged with child sex offences will return to a Sydney court in December.
South coast man William Kamm, also known as the "little pebble", is already serving a jail sentence for sexual offences.
Kamm appeared in Parramatta Local Court today where he was charged with five counts of sexual assault and six of aggravated indecent assault.
The court was told he is alleged to have abused a girl when she was aged between 11 and 15 at his religious community near Nowra on the south coast.
The 55-year-old made an application for bail but it was refused by Magistrate Jennifer Betts.
She noted that Kamm was sentenced last week to a jail term for similar offences against another teenage girl and would be facing a lengthy jail sentence if convicted of the latest charges.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
How people can be that weak minded will never be known to me. I mean, look at the largest cult today, the GOP. These people literally believe everything the leader says. The Leader himself has admitted to talking to God and uses that to explain his actions! How many Cult Leaders do you know of that can actually talk to God?

Nice!!

It's generalizing a lot of details of course, but the overall point I think is quite clear and correct.

That's all I really have to say about that.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Qnce again we see an evil man Hiding behind the name of Jesus to deguise his Monsterous agenda.

The Bible couldn,t be any clearer on who these people really are. It is very sad that it is through such people that the Name of Christ as well has his true followers are despised!

2 Peter 2:17-19 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

17These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.

Here is what a Real Christian is:

1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
7But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8This is why it[a] says:
"When he ascended on high,
he led captives in his train
and gave gifts to men." 9(What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions[c]? 10He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Living as Children of Light
17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26"In your anger do not sin"[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

But this is what it says about "the Pebble":

Luke 17:2
2It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

new topics

top topics

join