It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Colloidal Silver now seems to be coming back to the for as a potent antibiotic.
Reaserching the subject suggest that until common anti biotics where discovered in 1935 Colloidal Silver was widely used to assist the body removing viruses.
Your common anti biotic kills around 6 types of virus.
Colloidal Silver kills around 600 know single cell viruses.
The posotively charged silver particle (around 5 parts per million) cancels out the negatively charged lung of the virus. This stops the viruses ability to breath and it dies in around six minutes.
So the point of the post.
It is suggested that Colloidal Silver may be the only way to fight the potential pandemic associated with Avian Bird Flu.
So there you go guys, off to the local health store.
Ive got mine.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I believe you can actually make this at home. Springer has talked to some one who makes their own.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
The posotively charged silver particle (around 5 parts per million) cancels out the negatively charged lung of the virus. This stops the viruses ability to breath and it dies in around six minutes.

What the heck are you talking about?

1) Viruses aren't single celled. They aren't even cells. They are Protiens and DNA or RNA.

2) Lungs? Breath? WHAT? I'll assume you are talking metaphoricly, but even still, WHAT?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

1) Viruses aren't single celled. They aren't even cells. They are Protiens and DNA or RNA.

2) Lungs? Breath? WHAT? I'll assume you are talking metaphoricly, but even still, WHAT?

¬_¬ you read my mind there.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was thinking about this just the other day

here's an Australian site that sells a device to make it at home (although i think it's U.S. made).they talk about the dodgy products out there, and show you, how to make a home made device. The main thing is getting pure enough silver.

www.silverwell.com.au...

from another site:
# It has been said that colloidal silver works as a catalysts, disabling the enzyme that all one-celled bacteria, fungi and viruses use for their oxygen metabolism.
In short the bad guys suffocate. However in the case of anaerobic bacteria that uses glucose instead of oxygen for it's metabolism, or virus which have no metabolism, another method must be in use. It may have to do with the positive charge of the silver neutralizing the negative charge of the anaerobic bacteria.
No microorganism tested has been able to survive to date in the presence of even minute traces of the chemical element of metallic silver.

hope that helps..

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What collodial silver can do to you:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Anti-biotics do not affect viruses.

The posotively charged silver particle (around 5 parts per million) cancels out the negatively charged lung of the virus.

Viruses don't have lungs.

This stops the viruses ability to breath

Viruses don't breath.

e you go guys, off to the local health store.
Ive got mine.

Please do not ingest metals.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
the condition you show is called agryia.

Argyria, or 'greying' of the skin caused by excess silver in the skin is extremely rare. Only 2 cases in the world are specifically named on the internet. One case involved a massive over-consumption for years of a poorly made brew (made with salt) that was so strong it was almost black. The other case was certainly not caused by modern colloidal silver water, but probably by over-use, 40 years ago, of silver nitrate nose drops - a product no longer available. A few other unnamed cases are mentioned but these are usually mild and are probably caused by abuse of Very High PPM mild silver protein or silver citrate products that are sometimes falsely marketed as colloidal silver.

One teaspoon of 5 ppm colloidal silver contains about 25 micrograms of silver, or .025 milligrams of silver. Six teaspoons, the equivalent of one fluid ounce, therefore contains .15 milligrams of silver. The EPA's critical dose for a 160 lb. adult is 1.09 milligrams daily. Taking one ounce of colloidal silver daily, according to EPA guidelines, is well below the critical daily intake for the development of argyria. Four ounces daily would equal around .6 milligrams.

like in most things, moderation is the key.

Please do not ingest metals.

oh, please. And don't drink too much carrot juice, you'll turn orange, and don't eat too many beetroot, you can damage your liver. and don't go outside your hermetically sealed bunker, you might encounter an opinion different to your own...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The problem is, there have been no controlled studies on the effectiveness of colloidal silver and certainly there have been no studies to determine a “safe” level. Like all heavy metals, silver will accumulate in the body. So even at low dosages, repeated intake can, over time, induce agryia. But hey, it’s your skin.

Although the adverse effects of silver exposure have been known to man for almost 10 centuries, the dosage necessary to produce argyria is still not completely understood.

dermatology.cdlib.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I found this article yesterday, but wasn't sure whether it was a health or sci/tech issue. I suppose it is a bit of both.

Antimicrobial Capabilities Permanently Embedded in Fibers

ARC Outdoors, a leader in performance apparel known for their ArcticShield® cold-weather clothing brand, will showcase their new line of anti-odor fabrics and yarns to be sold under the E47(TM) Nano Technology brand at the TITAS 2005 Fair in Taipei, Taiwan on Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2005... E47 Nano Technology was co-developed to be safe, permanent and to utilize the oligodynamic effects silver has on microbes. The advancements come from silver nanoparticles integrated throughout the entire fiber, not just on the surface. This integrated technology is designed to create accelerated ion flux delivered through nanoscale particles to eliminate microbes and the odors they create.

Although athletic and outdoor apparel reps have been first to show marked interest, I was intrigued by this brief mention of future applications of this new fabric:

The creators of E47 are keying on polyester and cotton fabrics for clothing as the first offering, but understand that demand will redefine their course on specific developments throughout the textile industry.

I have also read about applying silver in some manner to medical equipment and surfaces in an effort to control microbes, but I don't have a link offhand...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was reading up on this recently because I purchased some colloidal silver myself, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some info.

During my research I kept running across what was called "true" colloidal silver, and another called "ionic"colloidal silver. Well, some of the info I found would claim that the ionic silver was not as effective as the true colloidal silver, due to particulate size or whatever . Basically all of the pro true colloial silver information I found claimed that ionic silver was basically worthless. Something about the particles being ionized and losing an electron, and silver ions bonding with chloride to form silver chloride, which supposedly isn't absorbed by the body, can't remember exactly right now.

So I find out that the colloidal silver I just bought is actually ionic colloidal silver, and I was curious as to whether or not there was any truth to this. Of course the info listed by "true"colloidal companies claimed the efficacy of their product as did the companies who produce ionic silver. Both also claimed that it was the other form of ionic silver that causes argyria, needless to say it has become a bit confusing. So, what's the story then? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
How much free unbound silver is circulating in the blood after ingestion anyway?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

^says how to make your own. With some other links.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Colloidal Silver now seems to be coming back to the for as a potent antibiotic.

Actually, no. But the recent hype and scare about flus has caused the sellers of colloidial silver to suddenly realize that they can make a LOT of money by scaring people. So they put out pages of misinformation and hype, and people who haven't had much exposure to science believe these sources because they play several "hot buttons" -- the "let's distrust drug companies" button, the "doctors are dangerous" button and the, "you can EMPOWER yourself and become healthier!" button.

Reaserching the subject suggest that until common anti biotics where discovered in 1935 Colloidal Silver was widely used to assist the body removing viruses.

Only the research found on sites devoted to selling colloidial silver -- which is kind of a conflict of interest. If you check scholar.google.com and look at the science papers, you'll see that there is NO information on health, but lots on electronics and spectocroscopy, etc.

There are a few papers on spurious health claims and they mention colloidal silver:
bmj.bmjjournals.com...

Alas, this isn't true. Antibiotics deal with bacteria. Antivirals deal with viruses. HUGE difference.

No, it doesn't. Sorry. If you challenge the makers of that statement to list the viruses by name (genus and species) you'll get a lot of ridiculous fluff (probably mostly bacteria) and no valid data.

This may be the very bogus source of the claims you see:
www.mildsilverprotein.com...

"Protein silver" is a pretty absurd concept. Silver isn't used by the body and will basically bond to something (if it does) and block Copper (which we need) or other elements from using that particular compound:
www.madsci.org...

How do we know it's Bad Science? Well, silver isn't absorbed by the body (unless it's out there in ionic form, taking up electron shells in place of copper) and they try to tell us that they're putting it into a "protein" that will magically release the silver when it gets to the right site.

We also know it's Bad Science because the things it "cures" include leprosy (bacterial), cancers (genetic -- and there's nothing about genes that would make them take up silver or correct their sequences with silver), dandruff (love this one... they say 'use colloidial silver and wash hair with Head & Shoulders. Gee...), bed sores (caused by pressure of lying in one place and not bacterial/viral), molds, fungi, etc.

There's some other flubs in there. The quickest indication that this is a COMPLETELY BOGUS paper is on page 32: under "assay" where it states:

beaker, and heat on a water bath until all of the silver is dissolved. Remove and rinse the crucible, and filter the solution into an Eden meyer flask.

You see, even a peabrain like me, who struggled through chemistry but paid attention knows that it's an Erlenmeyer flask.

If you really really paid attention, you'd notice that the assay bit is completely bogus. It's like telling you "put this cookie in a crucible and mix this weird green stuff with it and bake it off and you'll get a WHOLE bar of Pure GOLD!"

No. It's Very Stupid Chemistry by someone who's cutting and pasting stuff to make it sound scientific and all huggy-plausible so you will go and buy their product and believe their Bad Science.

They don't want you spending your money on flu shots and Nyquil and so forth. They want you spending far more money on far smaller quantities of colloidial silver -- the special one that only they make.

Here's a site on basic biochemistry:
www.biology-online.org...

As many have said, viruses don't have lungs and don't breathe. Too much colloidial silver, however, could stop YOU from breathing.

It is suggested that Colloidal Silver may be the only way to fight the potential pandemic associated with Avian Bird Flu.
So there you go guys, off to the local health store.
Ive got mine.

Enjoy. But you'll be at far more risk than I am. You're compromising your body with something that does not belong there and that isn't effective. You could do better for yourself to electroplate something with that nice solution and instead carry around some hand sanitizer and eat a sensible diet.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Byrd]

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehovah620

I know virtually nothing about colloidal silver, but I do know that this statement is false, since there are drugs available that help combat avian bird flu, that I just read about earlier this week. One is Tamiflu, made by a company callled Roche, and another is made by GlaxoSmithKline, but I forget the name of it now (I think it started with R).

As for some of the comments by Byrd, Nygdan, and others, about some of the facts on viruses and such, they know what they're talking about.

I'd recommend (very strongly!) not ingesting any colloidal silver at all, but it's your life.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I just heard about a week or two ago that doctors can now somehow give a patient similarly small amounts of gold which they then heat up while in the body. They're supposed to attach to and kill cancer cells. I seem to be reading that the silver thing is bogus, has anyone heard about the gold thing?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Oh people do your research as I see SOME of you did but not all.

They are speaking of single celled organisms. And yes a virus is single celled. The components you are speaking of are of a cellular structure.

I know virtually nothing about colloidal silver, but I do know that this statement is false, since there are drugs available that help combat avian bird flu, that I just read about earlier this week. One is Tamiflu, made by a company callled Roche, and another is made by GlaxoSmithKline, but I forget the name of it now (I think it started with R).

If you know nothing of silver than how can you determine these statements are false?

Here's a news update for you. Tamiflu does not "combat" the Avian Flu but rathers inhibits cellular reproduction. Meaning it can in large dosages stop the virus from replicating. Tamiflu can combat known flu viruses but will only be effective in triple the amount of dosage to combat the Avian Flu.

I was reading up on this recently because I purchased some colloidal silver myself, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some info.

Here Phoenix. This link will provide the info you are looking for. There are different types of silver and it is a buyer beware. You want a true colliode. This will NOT TURN YOU BLUE!
www.silver-colloids.com...

I have been taking silver for 4 yrs and I also give it to my 3 yr old son and have since he was born. He is not blue and he also has only been sick with 2 ear infections and 1 cold since birth. Anyone who has kids knows that's an amazing feat right there.

silver does not attack bacteria directly, but rather decomposes certain enzymes the anaerobic bacteria, viruses, yeast, and molds require. The silver acts as a catalyst and is not consumed in the process. It is the reason the bacteria cannot develop a resistance to silver, as they do to antibiotics, is because silver does not directly them directly, but rather destroys the enzymes they depend on.

In the former Soviet Union, silver is used to sterilize recycled water aboard space shuttles. NASA has also selected a silver/water system for its space shuttle. Internationally, many airlines use silver water filters to guarantee passenger safety against water-borne diseases such as dysentery. The Swiss government has approved use of such silver water filters in homes and offices. Here in the U.S., some city municipalities use silver in the treatment of sewage. Silver works so well in purifying water that it is sometimes used to purify swimming pool water. It doesn't sting the eyes as chlorine does, and it does kill mosquito larva. An experiment conducted in Nebraska demonstrates its effectiveness: fifty gallons of raw sewage pumped into a pool without any disinfectant. A standard measure of contamination is the count of E. coli, a bacteria organism found in the intestinal tract. The count soared to 7000 E. coli cells per milliliter of water. When the water was exposed to silver electrodes, within three hours it was completely free of E. coli."

www.colloidal-silver.com...

My point? Do your research! A little goes a long way. There are plenty of natural remedies out there and you need to find one that works for you. But equiped with enough information to make an informed decision you will find something that fits your needs. I for one am all for silver. I live in Minnesota and am as pale as can be. If I were blue someone would notice.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
I just heard about a week or two ago that doctors can now somehow give a patient similarly small amounts of gold which they then heat up while in the body. They're supposed to attach to and kill cancer cells. I seem to be reading that the silver thing is bogus, has anyone heard about the gold thing?

Well, I was about to say "booooogus" but luckily I googled before I opened my mouth!
There is, indeed, a nanotech cancer treatment that involves gold. It's experimental and they've only had one animal test run.

www.the-scientist.com...

(test by Rice University)
breakthroughdigest.com...

Very real...
nano.cancer.gov...

Learn somethin' new every day, doncha?

Gold in a suspension ("collodial gold") wouldn't work, however.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is nanoparticle silver wound dressings similiar? I've been using bandaids that have them imbedded and they work great, is there any health concerns I should be aware of?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
They are speaking of single celled organisms. And yes a virus is single celled. The components you are speaking of are of a cellular structure.

Sorry, but microbiologists disagree with you:
micro.magnet.fsu.edu...

They don't have enough genetic code to reproduce. They require cells for reproduction:
www.microbe.org...

silver does not attack bacteria directly, but rather decomposes certain enzymes the anaerobic bacteria, viruses, yeast, and molds require. The silver acts as a catalyst and is not consumed in the process.

While you might find people who sell you colloidal silver this kind of thing, you won't find biochemists making that claim. Silver CAN act as a catalyst -- at temperatures of around 250C. That's enough to char flesh.
www.chemguide.co.uk... And at the tiny amount present in a silver colloid solution, there's not enough to radically affect anything.

It is the reason the bacteria cannot develop a resistance to silver, as they do to antibiotics, is because silver does not directly them directly, but rather destroys the enzymes they depend on.

If it destoryed the bacterial enzyimes, it would also destroy YOUR enzymes. Seriously. And you don't want all bacteria destroyed since you need the e.coli in your gut to live.

www.quackwatch.org...

In the former Soviet Union, silver is used to sterilize recycled water aboard space shuttles. NASA has also selected a silver/water system for its space shuttle. ... etc ... The count soared to 7000 E. coli cells per milliliter of water. When the water was exposed to silver electrodes, within three hours it was completely free of E. coli."

Well, yes, but the above water treatments are a combination of silver-copper or silver and other elements and are not "colloidal" silver. Just because an element acts one way in one solution doesn't mean it will act the same way in another solution. Iron can be magnetized, but you can't magnetize your hemoglobin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join