It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tooth item / relic not a deer antler!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have grown up around the loch so I am also a local to the area, and never in my life have I heard of any area of the Loch being described as a "Kill Zone".
Every year we get dozens of storys in the Inverness Courier and the Highland news( the 2 most popular local papers) and im sorry Mr McDonald but for some reason this whole story has "bogus" written across it in my eyes. Reading about sightings etc so often local folk tend to be able to smell a rat if there is one to be smelled in the nessie stories.
About the eel theory though, within the last couple of years there was a story in the local news that two women were walking along the shore at the Loch (Dores area if I recall correctly) when the swear the got the fright of their lives when a giant eel was startled by them and slithered back into the loch. Apparently it was much larger than the usual sized eels in the area, and they definately thought it was nessie herself. After investigation somebody decided what they had seen was a peice of old electrical cable, but in my eyes nobody could mistake a stationary piece of wire for a giant slithering animal.
Maybey Nessie is a giant eel but as for the story that that is one of her teeth, I really dont think so.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Im going to go with the Hoax on this one. As mentioned in other threads and in this one it may well be a Antler. Since it is a deer type carcus you can logicly come to that conclusion. The problem I had with the antler theory is looking at the "ness tooth" is that the "barb(s)" are all in the inside of the curve. Unlike all the antlers I could find and besides what tooth have you seen that is blue and have an exstreem curve at its point

So.. What do I think?

Im thinking it is a hoax; a planted item. I think it is "part" of a crustation; more so part of a claw.

Picture :: Blue Crab
Picture :: Crab Color Blue close-up
Picture :: High Res 1454x1091

More links
Google Images :: Blue Lobster
Google Images :: Blue Crab

If you dont like my theory then Ima' curshing your head!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i wouldnt go as far as to say the thing was 'planted'. theres really no proof for or against that theory. now, im not saying that it WASNT planted, just theres no way to prove either case. its quite probable that the deer was impaled, and died on the bank, and these fellows found said carcass just as they said they did. still, seems a bit fishy.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Nah ah. Nice try.

The story doesnt add up in this one.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Bill here.

I'm not marketing for Steve because I'm not being paid for that kind of job, effort, or time. I am using every possible resource to reach as much of the population of Inverness-Shire as is possible with the non-budget and no money that I have to continue this investigation. If the location and the custodian of the tooth item is identified, then and only then, money will be given to me to travel back to Inverness to either sue in the local courts on behalf of my witnesses or to purhaps physically recover the item through other, more direct, means.

I have used every possible news media, discussion forum, blog and radio appearances in order to apply stress & pressure upon the residents of Inverness-Shire who might have knowledge of what private individual "Impersonated" a game warden or community cop ("Water Bailiff" [???]) thus robbing two American tourists (My opinion).

Cop or civilian, taking an animal relic, film rolls and videotape from any foreign tourist still constitutes theft under the laws of the United Kingdom with the exception of preserving a crime scene, UK National Security or UK Homeland Security. Cops who steal are still criminals in the UK. Civilians claiming or otherwise impersonating cops are still criminals in the UK. A "Shakedown" is still a "Shakedown" in the UK even if the victim is a foreign tourist. If this whole thing was a hoax, then my two witnesses were victimized. If the tooth is real, they are robbery victims.

I have achieved contact with an actual peace officer with the Northern Constabulary in Inverness who recalled two young, irate, American Caucasian males in that police station in March. He thinks they were the victims of a hoax or a local fisherman with a hard core protective attitude over his favorite fishing spot. He stated that they demanded the tooth be returned to them prior to them being firmly rebuffed by the officer of the desk.

The pictures of the tooth published are part of a series of photos shot on the gunwall of a boat which clearly show it and it's rootage from all angles.

The "Experts" which are included in our "Jury of experts" are museum curators, tenured professors, fishermen, oceanarium husbandry personnel, and others who to the man and woman have required that their names not be broadcast until they can actually hold the item / relic in their own hands. They are willing to comment on the photo images to me in private but are not willing to publish or broadcast themselves on the tooth until such time as it can be physically examined in their own laboratory facilities. This is no surprise and is certainly reasonable. Nobody wants to step into the "Center ring" of the cryptozoological "Circus" until they have solid DNA and biological materials evidence in their hands.

Being a private detective, I'm not bound to the same emperical standards that a lettered Ichthyologist or palaeontologist is. I can quite responsibly convey to you folks my current opinions based upon current patterns and trends in cooberated witness statements and the appearance of things in imagery. As the trends in the investigation change, so will my opinions and so will my announcements on the status of this case.

As a detective, I am obligated to approach the case with the assumption that it is a hoax and that ALL parties in this matter are untrustworthy. Also, conversly, I am obligated to look for any and all possible examples of substances and structures in nature which would account for the appearance of the item / relic on mini DV tape and 35mm film.

The witnesses making their claims are obligated to cooperate and undergo any and all background investigations and questions regarding their personal characters and the burden of proving their claims is squarely on them.

So far, they and their stories have held up under repeated telling. I used multiple perspective techniques for interviewing witnesses, designed to help me identify and isolate inconsistancies and conflicts amongst the various tellings. These interview techniques are taught by every major police agency and federal academy and are time-honored and very hard to defeat.

Until I hold the item / relic in my hands, I cannot state with absolute conviction that the item is a real biological specimen or a fabricated item. I do not know what the Loch Ness Tooth is and can only report on what it looks like from the images, and how believable my two witnesses appear as they originally told their story in front of their own fathers and grandfathers.

I have detailed, close-up images of teeth from a number of eels which I will eventually have my wife and associated web friends post after we finish processesing the images.

I travel for work and I log on to ATS as my travel and family time allows.

I have no hostility. I hope this thread stays active for a long time. I do know that I have no influence with the ATS site owners. They only know me from a few private e-mail communications last Summer.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I do know that I have no influence with the ATS site owners.

You don't need influence, this is a discussion site.

They only know me from a few private e-mail communications last Summer.

? If you say so. I can say that they do get lots of letters from lots of people. Don't see what any of this has to do with anything.

Anyway, what eels have teeth that are rooted like that?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hrm, I dunno, maybe you've tried this already being a P.I. and all but have you tried getting the college students who found the item to describe the "water bailiff" and have a sketch artist draw him? Then you could use some of those P.I. skills around the lake to find him. Find the "water bailiff" and you'll find the tooth. Coming here to ATS doesn't seem like a very good place to find clues in such a case. But then again, I'm no UFO drawing private dick.

cheers

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Sorry for waking the dead again, but I was busy cleaning up my Subscribed Threads when I spotted this one again. And the way the thread died with the least bit of effort to keep it alive from Mr William L. McDonald just shows me that the ATS members were right about McDonald and the tooth. Was this thread just a cheap marketing tool? Spam. And thus finally mean that the whole Loch ness Tooth episode is nothing more than a hoax?

Afterthought:
I just visited his site again. This time the supposed comparisons with an eel’s tooth are up. Interesting. I've never seen anything like this before...

A row of teeth in the middle of its mouth?
The eel's tooth it's supposedly similar too.
Side shot
Bottom shot
Zoomed
The site isn't very factional, to say the least. No species name of the eel. No descriptions at what we're looking at. The teeth do not look the same... (Or am I missing something...?)

I am still/once again not convinced!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
wow. Those eel teeth look nothing at all like the supposed "Lochness Tooth". But, I guess they are counting on the fact that some people really will beleive anything that they are told. So sad...

Wig

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Can anyone explain why the caption under a picture of the tooth in this thread reads "we had to prise it out with a screwdriver for like 20 mins to free it" or similar...When the guy in the video just pulls it out with his two fingers? If it was edited out, why was it edited out, completely? we don't see anything about him struggling to get the tooth out. Where is the rest of the 20mins of footage?

What is the name of this local guide we see in the video? and why is he wearing leather shoes and not wellys?

What is the name of the water bailiff?

Where did the water bailiff appear from? he would have to approach from water side and we don't hear his boat approaching. Why did he appear just as the cameraman says I gotta change tape. and then when the tape is changed .... no water bailiff around...no video of the water bailiff departing in his boat.

Why did he change tape before it ran out?

Why does the tape have a definate "this is an acted out scene" feel to it?

What is the grid location of this spot on OS map series? provide a link to multimap if you like.?

What is the name of the peace/police officer spoken to by the yanks and the Private eye apparently?

What is the crime report number?

The website shows two pictures of eel skull? With many teeth said to be scaled up to 6feet long...

Why is there no scale representation such as a man standing next to it? Where is this enlarged model skull located? Where is the real skull of the eel from which this model was made? It looks nothing like the pictures of the eel on the website. The two pictures are probably the model in production and the finished product on display....where? Who made it? The teeth on this model are painted blue on the ends just like the tooth from the deer carcass. It is possible one of these teeth is hoaxed into the deer carcass.

Where is the direct comparison which clearly shows the tooth *cough* antler/model tooth *cough* and the scale model of the eel skull teeth?

What was that about the tooth making it's way to the natural history museum who made a life size copy/model of it?

where is the copy? What do they say they did with the original?

[edit on 12/11/2005 by Wig]

Wig

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
And what a load of crap about the american boys studying hard at law school. And if their names were made public they would be kicked out of college! What a load of bull.

1. They believe it to be true, so there is no hoax

2. Even if this was a hoax, it woulld not lead to anyone being booted off a law degree, Students have always played pranks. Get real.

If they have so much money these boys, they'd be putting in a court action against the water bailiff. They haven't so this can only be a hoax story.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And, again, notice that there is no comparision of the root of an eel tooth and the odd 'root' of the alleged tooth. Some of the eel teeth in the updates look like they might be barbed, but not in the same way as the lochness tooth, but the biggest characteristic, in my mind, has to be that odd rooting of the lochness tooth.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's the sort of root you'd see in modelling. It doesn't have to be deep, just flush and snug, because you pin it anyway.

We've talked about this before, and I'm going to say the same thing on this thread as I did the other.

It's likely a fabrication. I could craft a similar looking model in an hour or so using kneadite and acrylic paints. It doesn't take a master artisan.

Maybe there is a 60 foot eel in the lake, maybe there isn't, but I'm fairly sure that the tooth picture, and the student video, and this bizarre merry-go-round of cut and pastes = HOAX.

Not trying to offend dr. whatshisname, but this seems like a bunch of crap.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Interesting information on the root being of a sort used in modeling. Thanks for that!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
it seems like the guy keeps getting more and more away from the actual topic with each defensive post he makes. yeah this whole thing sounds pretty crapola-y.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, this is one of the most stupid things I have ever read.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join