It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the whole john titor thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i am completley fasciniated by it and stuff (the whole story line), but i mean why don't u guys like take his account look at the email account he used to register to abovetopsecret.com and confirm if the account is still active and do some more research from there. i mean he sounds legit and stuff but im sure some more measures could be taken from finding out his email, using his ip adress, figureing out what else is registered to that account, and so on etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The opinion of many senior staff and members of AboveTopSecret.com on the writings and postings of timetravel_0 a.k.a. "John Titor" is that he is a hoax, and in no way a time traveler of any type. We offer this material as part of an archive so that analysis and discussion may continue, in an effort for full disclosure and understanding

Just guessing, but maybe the staff won't research it because they don't believe what he says.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ha you like the word stuff dont you?

But anyways yes i have also always wondered those things myself.. Why they haven't tracked the IP address he waws posting from and atleast see what part of the world he was posting from, and go from there?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ALL of that has been collected from various sites around the web... Titor was posting this stuff before we even had this site.

mark...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeuathemovies
i am completley fasciniated by it and stuff (the whole story line), but i mean why don't u guys like take his account look at the email account he used to register to abovetopsecret.com and confirm if the account is still active and do some more research from there. i mean he sounds legit and stuff but im sure some more measures could be taken from finding out his email, using his ip adress, figureing out what else is registered to that account, and so on etc.

that would be a gigantic invasion of privacy eh ? Maybe even illegal ? As much as I'd love to be able to kick the door down in his parents basement and catch him red-handed posting here under an alias, I have to say its not the way to go.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

As much as I'd love to be able to kick the door down in his parents basement and catch him red-handed posting here under an alias, I have to say its not the way to go.

That has to be the funniest line I have heard all day.

But...be careful that you dont insult all the 34 year old men living in their parents basement clicking away on ATS on a Friday because they can't get a date 'cause they have not been out of said basement for 8 months.

I am not speaking of me...umm...err..I mean I have heard of other people...yeah thats it!

Anyway great post!

[edit on 14-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This link will provide the answer.

click here

why is the photo from the year 2036 in monochrome and not colour?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89

click here

That picture of the 5100 isn't, it is an old picture. They have the wrong caption under it.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

click here

That picture of the 5100 isn't, it is an old picture. They have the wrong caption under it.

Thanks for explaining that for me!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

click here

thanks for that link, I never even thought to check if wikipedia had anything on him. pretty fair, balanced view, as usual from wikipedia

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
? John Titor didn't post on ATS.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Personally I think Titor's full of it. If you can see the bigger picture, you can tell where he's wrong.

Didn't he say that in his timeline there was no 9/11? If there was no 9/11, I don't think we'd be discussing a police state or anything like that. IMO, I think 9/11 served as a kind of catalyst.

Lots of things he claimed to have predicted...personally I think that anyone "in the know" could figure out what will happen, given certain conditions.

I see him as someone from a different path telling someone that there are millions of different paths, and this is one you *might* take.

I also don't believe in a concept of a "multiverse" where everything happens does happen, albeit in different universes. I'm familiar with the concept, though, since I used to be a huge DC Comics fan and read about Earth-2, Earth-X, etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Could it be possible that this Tutor dude is someone from the Government that use elaborated stories in order to leak out some classified document or knowledge?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
that would be off the chian but i doubt he is with the govn't. the govn't would have his comp tapped if he is high up there in the chain and if he has this kind of info, then my geuss is that his comp would be tapped.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
For all we know he could have been a tool to spread disinformation.

I don't even think time travel is possible, and I seriously doubt it will be. For one thing, I'd think that you'd have to know exactly what *time* is and what its properties are.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
For all we know he could have been a tool to spread disinformation.

For what purpose?

I don't buy into Titor's story but I did enjoy reading it. His not mentioning 9/11 doesn't prove his story is false (but other things do). He said him self he would not give us knowledge to let us avoid death.

new topics

top topics

join