It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Charged in Pregnant Neighbor Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
A Pennsylvania woman beat her pregnant neighbor in the head with a baseball bat and drove her to a secluded area, taking time to drop off the neigbor's seven-year-old child with a family member, and proceeded to cut open the woman with a razor knife to remove her unborn child. A teenager passing by on an all-terrain vehicle interrupted the act. The child was later delivered by Cesarian section at a hospital. The mother is in critical condition and the child is in good condition.

abcnews.go.com
A woman clubbed her pregnant neighbor over the head with a baseball bat, drove her to the woods and cut her belly with a knife in an attempt to steal her baby, police say.

Police said Wednesday's attack on Valerie Oskin was stopped before her baby was taken after a teenager on an all-terrain vehicle came across the women.

Oskin, 30, later underwent an emergency Caesarean section at a hospital. State police Thursday said she was in critical condition and her baby in stable condition. She was believed to have been eight months pregnant, authorities said.

Peggy Jo Conner, 38, of Ford City, was arraigned Thursday on charges of attempted homicide and aggravated assault and was jailed without bail.

"It would appear from the defendant's statement that her goal was to get the victim's unborn child and take it as her own," District Attorney Scott Andreassi said in a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Some while back, there was a spate of these kinds of crimes in South America and other places. Now, we have one here in the USA. I'm afraid I can't even imagine what would drive anyone to commit such a heinous act. I long ago ceased to believe that there is anything such as a maternal instinct in humans. What then would drive a woman to attempt a brutal murder in order to steal a child? Insanity, I would conclude, but that provides little insight.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I remeber hearing something that sounds almsot the same(well at least the cutting of the stomache for the unborn baby) about a year ago, my 7th grade English teacher talked about current events with the class and we spent like a whole class period talking about this, so maybe its not exactly something new in america but it still sounds horriable

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thats a totally bizarre story. I am always amazed at the actions of some human beings towards others. I wonder what could have possibly been going through that lady's head?

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by start_the_peace
I remeber hearing something that sounds almsot the same(well at least the cutting of the stomache for the unborn baby) about a year ago, my 7th grade English teacher talked about current events with the class and we spent like a whole class period talking about this, so maybe its not exactly something new in america but it still sounds horriable

This particular event happened fairly close to me, about 30 mins drive away. This is, in fact, the 3rd case of this type within the last year or so.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The victim in this case has positively identified the perpetrator as Peggy Jo Conner.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join