It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology and (Modern) Kabbalah... The new Islam and Christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I guess I have my own theories on these questions but for the sake of my sanity, I want to know what this community thinks or knows about evolution of religion.

Now anyone with a elementary understanding of theology knows that religion has changed over time. I do believe it changes as the levels of consciousness raises for the "fear-factor" of conformity to be applicable to our comprehension. (i.e. people of modern world don't sacrifice blood to their many gods [as much I should say]) to appease their appetite. Anyway, I'll get to the questions:

1). Why is Scientology continuing to expand when anyone who has internet can see all of the devious tactics the organization has been guity of over the years to manipulate their members.

I live in LA and a bilboard was promoting a new Vodka to the LA scene. It was a robotic woman and she was holding a martini. The captian read: 2033 - 18 billion scientologist can't be wrong! (They are optimistic little devils)

2). Is celebrity going to be detrimental as more actors advocate these religions?

My problem is that the US's royal family is hollywood. It's sick but true. These people around the world are looking up to these insecure people that look cool only when they're reading a great writer's words, yet we still listen to their advice over. So this is what happens: Insecure actors (Tom, Maddonna, etc.) Have made it to the top of our royalty status and yet they still feel their void. the uncompletion. They then turn to cheap quick-fixers for self-confidence (kabballa, scientology) and learn a few spiritual certainties that they could've recieved at the library and have now clinched on and are ready to co-sign it to America. Are they going to bite? I think so.

3). How will it end?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
1. I'm not sure Scientology is continuting to expand. Membership levels claimed by the Church are wildly exaggerated. The only Scientology expansion I've seen is what's taking place outside the Church structure, within the "Scientology Freezone". (The Freezone may not appeal as much to celebs, since the people involved don't have the resources to roll out the red carpet...)

A couple of celebrity conversions don't automatically indicate an actual expansion amongst "regular folk".

2. I think - and very much hope - that people aren't as sheep-like as they're often portrayed. Many are fascinated with celebrity, but will not necessarily change their religion just because Madonna did.

3. It will probably never end

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am no expert on Kabbalah or Judaism for that matter, but I've heard that most mainstream Jewish leaders (rabbis, etc) are skeptical about this new "celebrity craze" for Kabbalah. My understanding is that true Kabbalists must devote themselves to many many years of intense and difficult study to really master the Kabbalah--frankly Madonna and that crowd are "playing at" Kabbalah rather than really studying it. And as for Scientology--what a crock! When Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard (who began as a science fiction writer) was asked many years ago if he became a writer in order to make money, he laughed and said, "Oh no! If you want to become really rich you should start your own religion!" And he took his own advice and became very very rich. He was a very successful hustler and unfortunately some wit-deprived Hollywood types are pumping money into a pretty nasty and unscrupulous organization tied to some TOTALLY bizarre beliefs!! Will it last? Let's hope not!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

abovereproach said:

I am no expert on Kabbalah or Judaism for that matter, but I've heard that most mainstream Jewish leaders (rabbis, etc) are skeptical about this new "celebrity craze" for Kabbalah. My understanding is that true Kabbalists must devote themselves to many many years of intense and difficult study to really master the Kabbalah--frankly Madonna and that crowd are "playing at" Kabbalah rather than really studying it

MM: Well said. I am no expert either, but I did devote a good part of my life in the study of the Kabbalah, before switching to the study of Wicca. You are correct, most just play with it, like any other religion, they never look inside at the secret knowledge contained, or the origin thereof...I know many christians who have never even read their Bile, even tho they carry it with them everywhere, makes a lot of sense, huh? I will tell you one thing, the Kabbalah is all about calling spirits, lessor ones and even bigger ones, like Baal. Blessings, Magickman

new topics

top topics

join