It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the devil or a demon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Well, if you read them, you can see it involves clearing out invaders into the land. You can see where mankind took these kinds of things too far. Hence the need for Jesus to come and redirect.

Not just invaders, basically, anyone that the jews had a grudge with qualified. Another mistake is that Jesus redirected the old laws in the OT, Jesus literally said he came not to change the law but to fulfill it. (Matt. 5.17)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
Not just invaders, basically, anyone that the jews had a grudge with qualified.

I would not know. Is this the main reason why Jesus came when he did? Perhaps. I do know he spoke a lot about loving your enemies so reason would conclude that this was one of, if not the main sin he'd come to fix.

Originally posted by Simon666
Another mistake is that Jesus redirected the old laws in the OT, Jesus literally said he came not to change the law but to fulfill it. (Matt. 5.17)

Where's the mistake again? One can redirect and fulfill, can they not? Good to see the Biblical reference. Gives substance behind the thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Aw, there's my precious Saint, always trying to save souls. Keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The closest thing i've seen to a demon was when I was extremely depressed. I just sat in the dark with my eyes closed and I seen a crazy face. I thought I was going insane, scared the depression right out of me! (well, not really.)

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Aw, there's my precious Saint, always trying to save souls. Keep up the good work!

Thanks MauiStacey! Good to see you too. Sending the love right back at ya.

Useful 1diot, I can say my sig. other has said the same...that they're very fast and have distinct faces. Beyond that, doesn't want to talk about it.

May love, faith, and hope be with you always,
God bless.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I used to hang with a mixed assortment of theatrical artist ,musicians, literary typs at parties were recreational drugs were commonly accepted as normal way of unwinding. At one such occasion I saw a shimmering dark shaddowy thing form in the air next to a young man who was high on speed of some type everyone in that area of the large room saw it also it was'nt just a brief instant either it took maybe two minutes to form completely it then slid into the man and he immediately lost his mind I found out later that he was institutionalized and remains so to this day.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Pantheria -that's flat freaky. Have you read the shadow people threads? Several people mentioned that they and those they were with would see them quite often while doing a lot of meth. Yet another good reason to stay away from it, to say the least!

[edit on 6/20/2005 by beezwaxes]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantheria
I used to hang with a mixed assortment of theatrical artist ,musicians, literary typs at parties were recreational drugs were commonly accepted as normal way of unwinding. At one such occasion I saw a shimmering dark shaddowy thing form in the air next to a young man who was high on speed of some type everyone in that area of the large room saw it also it was'nt just a brief instant either it took maybe two minutes to form completely it then slid into the man and he immediately lost his mind I found out later that he was institutionalized and remains so to this day.

Have you been able to visit with the person? I'd be interested in what they have to say.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
when i was a kid and me and my parents lived in a mobile home. almost every night in the hall from the end of the bed, i would see something that has wat looked like two horns and red eyes. i didnt know wat it was. i didnt move while i watch to see wat it would do. and it has been sitting there wenever i go to sleep. since there was only one bed back in the old mobile home me and my parents slept together, and wen my dad notice i was awake and lookin at the end of the hall he asked wat was my problem i didnt say anithing but point at the end of the hall and he looked and just say its nothing and told me to go back to sleep. wen the sun is up there is nothing sitting in the hall ( i believe it was sitting wen im in bed) and i try to see if anithing that would somehow show that it was somthin else but no object i see that would at night make it look like some demon. and it has been doin dat since i lived there until we moved and i never saw watever it was that sits there in the hall and stare at me.
it freaked me out but it passed away from me and i never thought about it until this thread mentions about if u seen a devil or demon. this is really true but u know how people would react if u tell, but im glad to let it all out on here. i know i wasnt dreamin because im just laying there and watchin the hall and not to mention my dad was awake to see it as well but thought it was probably something else like the lighting or something that is projecting the "demon". in anicase its long past and hope it never comes back.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A Demon sang on the sealing above my bunk bed when I was very young, there were words that scroled allong it and fell off, it was a very disterbing as well as a dream that followed the same weak; empty fealed (Back Yard) exept grass, I think that the demon visited me in my dream, because it sang to me again, and I couldnt move, infact I was stuck in my dream for a very long wile, as sighns like 'rail rode crossing rolled by me and froze, the wind sang with it, a strange sour melody.

God offten talked to me, I kind of missed it when I became lost in this world. Now instead of his son, instead of clay that he formed me of, I feal like a number, especialy being a youth, its like disease, many people are byast to you. Children see things because they have an open mind and havent been corrupted like I could allways listen to god beter than now.

I used to go to church and stoped affter my mother experianced the realization of what Im about to say; I realize now that it seams as though people are worshiping the church more than god, I told a minister this, he agrread.

My mother, that is story of experiance, many encounters with the lord or Christ or Jesus or what you will call the being. She sah how she would die, in a car crash, the river was so clean and you could see to the bottom, a demon, pondering over my mother, he reached for her, exclaiming come! As she billowed off of the bridge in to the river, a dark demon, full evil, she could feal the fright, she really could feal it. It attempted but she yelled in her mind to the lord to save her, she didnt even need to think it, God allready knew, and as the demon scouerd and grabed at her her body became light and clear and wieght and was lifted up. I was sitting in the back.

An insedent of reality, dreaming is more true reality that this one, its just the way you perseave it, and I think that we are dreaming this reality. In my mothers dream an angel came to her affter many weaks of praying 'test me lord, let me know my purpose' it came to her and said that in elevin days (I think it was 11) the angel would come to her and test her. She was frantick, frightened. Keeping track of each day specificly, constently. On the eleventh day her car was out of gas and in effect she turned into a library (I think it was a library) were she sah the face of a newspaper blinding a man from her view, he asked her how life was and she exclaimed how life was very well and how money wasnt much issue, a lie she would regret, for in truth hell drove her life in a saying. She left, a deep voise the man had, she left affter her friend came to fill her car with a can of gas. And she drove off while realizing on the freeway who she had just lied to, looked at her calender and she succomed to regret. Shes really a good person, just lost as we all are at times.

AM. Graves

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
thank you both for bringing them to the table.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Children see things because they have an open mind and havent been corrupted like I could allways listen to god beter than now.

"There was a boy who had the faith to move a mountain
And like a child he would believe without a reason
It's been a while and I haven't seen him lately, but
I've been searching for that missing person"

Jesus calls us to have the faith of a child for exactly that reason. As we get older, we become my cinical and skeptical, not taking things on faith anymore, but rather on evidence. This is a natural reaction in a fallen world, though; you put your faith in people who niglect, betray, or abuse you as a result. So you build up defense mechanisms. Christ commands us to break down those defense mechanisms and have the faith of a child(Matthew 18:2-4). Don't let your faith get broken by this world

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I believe I have seen demons. I have seen things scuttling about, like dark shadows that move quickly. Nothing "concrete" though

I used to have dreams of something dark and ominious pressing down on me. Most explain it as sleep paralysis, but, the negative feeling was so immense. Very different from a nightmare. I was very aware of my surroundings, that I could not move(and maybe the demons strike when you are in a state of sleep paralysis) the negativity was so enveloping. Praying our lord's prayer would make it stop. That is the only thing

The most disturbing time was when I looked at my husband's face and it was not his face. I can't describe it, but it was not him. It was ugly and negative. At that point in his life, It would not have surprised me. His actions were not positive. He would have been an easy target.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sitting in a tree house one day I saw the Devil or what I percieved to be the devil....red body, long tail, black hair, horns, pointy nose and ears......riding on a 10 speed bike smoking a cigar. Of course a healthy dose of acid was involved....but I did see him.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sport Kensington
Sitting in a tree house one day I saw the Devil or what I percieved to be the devil....red body, long tail, black hair, horns, pointy nose and ears......riding on a 10 speed bike smoking a cigar. Of course a healthy dose of acid was involved....but I did see him.

If you live in the Atlanta area, it was probably my aunt Bertha. She likes to dress up like the devil and ride her bike through treehouses when folks are taking acid

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I believe I have seen demons. I have seen things scuttling about, like dark shadows that move quickly. Nothing "concrete" though

This verifies with my significant other's experience with them.

I've also see the sudden 'change' in people when enraged where they seem completely different and hollow behind the eyes. It is very weird.

BTW, good to see you around & cool family pics.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hard to know sometimes what is your imagination and what is real. Many times I have ignored noises in the house, thinking it was my imagination when someone was actually making the noises(like a family member who I didn't know was home or up)

Did you go to my smugmug site?? I do have a million photos on there. I am taking a photography course and a bit crazy with the camera at the moment!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have had many experiences of things wizzing by my head. Within days or hours, my entire life was changed for the worse. Demons can take any form and do anything to get a person to reject God.

Also, there is a good thread about this in another thread. I think its a good read and very informative.

here

Part 4 of this members thread indicates a lot about what a demon attack could be. I think it might depend on an individual and thier environment at the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
Did you go to my smugmug site?? I do have a million photos on there. I am taking a photography course and a bit crazy with the camera at the moment!

I'm not sure, though I think that's what it was called. Originally I think I was trying to figure out where your avatar pics came from. The one with the child and horse had a very surreal look to it...like how everything looks when you get waxed in World of Warcraft ("ghosting" it). I should stop playing that game so much...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I had one surnatural event in my life, in Costa Rica.

I walked alone on a desert beach at 3 am.

I was extremely depressed at that time.

I sit down on the beach.

I started hearing weird whispers
running around me.

I ran immediately I was very scared.
I thought someone was there from the jungle
behind (the place was remote so it was kinda
improbable).

I reached the hotel but I was still hearing the whispers,
kinda like a strange whistle melody). I entered the room
of the people I was with, I was red anxious and woke them
up telling I was hearing things. They told me to calm
down, no one was there...I was still hearing
stuff...someone said that could be a schizo crisis.
It didn't stop but calmed down.

I sat on the bed, talk, barely slept.
On the morning I was still hearing something.
I went to the little boat pier, and I said
"go away!", thinking I was really geting crazy.

It suddenly stopped !

I went to the doctor,
a couple days later,
and was told that it was
probably acouphens that I had.

I am satisfied with that explanation
but it was very weird.

Did I ever met evil ??

Constantly...

All the stupid violent kids in suburb subways.

Or all the cocky guys who think they are big and tough
cos they belong to some mafia.

In fact I am discouraged by the amount of evil
out there.

You rarely ever meet a truly good person these days,
and I can

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join