It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GONNA throw this stove out the WINDOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If I could pick it up out it would go
The stove is somewhat new, whirlpool gas range...my first major appliance purchase on my own since after the divorce. I LOVED it, beautiful~

A 6 weeks ago the oven wouldn't light, so I called whirlpool....UNDER warranty (almost up) they send a local guy to look at it. The past 6 weeks my oven has only worked 2 times! I have had just about every part replaces, ignitor, valve thing.....grounded..blah blah blah, the "oven man" as I call him now has been over AT LEAST 2 times a week for the past 6 weeks. EACH time promising me that he's got it now!! So today he came by fiddled again with it, looked like he got it working and left. This time I think he changed the valve or something. NOT EVEN 5 minutes after he leaves I go and try to start it................................NOPE wont light!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm tired of this!! I Don't think this guy KNOWS what he is doing!! He's like 90 yrs old, the only other authorized whilrpool repair is over 8 hrs away. BUT I want my oven!! I have to call him AGAIN in the morning to let him know that nope it is not working still.....I just dont know what to do anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Maybe there is a recall on that model

Whirlpool recall models and info

You are not alone. Lots of people are complaining about Whirlpool Ovens

makeitso

[edit on 13-10-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nope no recall I WISH it was that easy...I have looked at every online forum dealing with gas ranges/ovens since the problem started. It really should work!!....LOL the guy changed just about every part! I never thought I'd say this but I JUST WANT TO COOK!! I want to bake some cookies for the kids or something!!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Cookies.

Now you' ve done it. You have me Jonesing for cookies.

I'll have to get someone to whip up some no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies in your honor.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I'll have to get someone to whip up some no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies in your honor.

That's just cruel

So it's the oven that's no lighting right? Because if it's the range itself, you might lose a little hair, but you can get that puppy going in no time...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I will pray for your stove!

Compassionant people everywhere should join forces and force the evil gremlins from your stove. If it comes to it; an exorcism may be in order.

One thing to be thankful for; it's not your car!!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I will pray for your stove!

Compassionant people everywhere should join forces and force the evil gremlins from your stove. If it comes to it; an exorcism may be in order.

One thing to be thankful for; it's not your car!!

OH GOSH!! That is funny, because my car broke down like a year ago and I just never got it fixed!! I dont have a car... Sorta do, my parents had an extra they never drove so I borrowed it...a year later I still have it.

The oven actually started today! I think I bought a lemon, either that or it is trying to protect the children from my cooking!! Dinner time will come around and it wont light for me...GOod thing I dont like to cook too much!

top topics

join