It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you trust for video game reviews?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm looking for a good website that reviews PC games, and tired of the BS at gamespot.com So, any reccomendations BTS?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
well not trying to sell for this company but i usally go with gamepro. i find they usally rate games the rate there supposed to get. they mess up a few times but not very often.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Myself. Why? Because someone who rates it might rate i for what they want not what I want. Friend worships Far Cry, it sucks, but he worships it. WHy? "The graphics man!" Your point? No storyline(not good anyways) the controls are the same as all others, and there are games with better graphics if you are looking for it. I look for games that have a replay value, like D2(Dif. Races, difficulty levels, items, so forth) and a good storyline(H2, Homeworld 2) or that is just plain fun!(Starcraft, Mario for NES((1&3, not 2, 2 sucked)) Graphics don't matter if the game itself is fun/great. But my friend? It could be Barney and Friends but if it had good graphics he would worship it.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I like to use GameFAQS.com.....They're submitted by a whole host of people who have actually played the game and their comments actually provide some deal of insight into what works and what doesn't...

Honestly though, I've never really had a problem with GameSpot's system...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For console games I usually agree with the Electric Playground.

www.elecplay.com...

I often watch the show on TV. You can stream episodes from the site as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
PC Gamer magazine (I dont play consoles). I like the fact that they are big enough to trash the big titles if they need trashing. Alot of smaller publications cannot afford to speak badly of certain publishing houses because they cannot afford to lose the advertising. But conversly, publishing companies cannot afford NOT to advertise in PC Gamer. As a result, PC Gamer gives some amazingly frank and accurate ratings. Also, I agree with most of the reviews they have given games I have actualy played.

In the end, I only use these things as a guide. If I really want to play a game, I could care less what the critics say. Great tools if you are already on the fence about a title though.

(Of course, I get most of my games for free, so it hardly matters
)

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replys. I'll look at all the websites mentioned. I allready read PC Gamer.
Great magazine.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I really don't trust anyone for reviews anymore, not since gamenow got killed off by egm. but when I do want to see if a games ghood I usually just look at the user reviews at gamefaqs.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I use www.gamespot.com...
The give a rating out of 10 from professionals and they also allow the gamespot community to give ratings and reviews.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
IGN doesnt seem bad, and they are not quick to hand out a good rating for a big name, but poor game. I've read alot of their reviews. They rank fairly high, but never perfect. Lots of 7-9s.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't trust anyone. I think they're all biased.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
www.gamefaqs.com...

www.gametrailers.com... has video reviews

[edit on 21-10-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Me, its GamePro magazine and GamePro.com I've been with them for about two years now, their reviews were great and helped me out so I wouldn't was 50 bucks on crappy games.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Striker122]

top topics

join