It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al Qaeda Claims U.S. Faked "Strategy Letter"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A post on an Islamic website has accused the US of faking a letter that was supposedly 'intercepted' by US intelligence. The letter details the state of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan as well as global strategy, and asks for money to aid insurgents.

www.foxnews.com
CAIRO, Egypt — A posting on an Islamic Web site Thursday accused the United States of fabricating a letter in which Al Qaeda's No. 2 leader asked for money and laid out the terrorist group's plans for expanding the insurgency in the Middle East.

"We in Al Qaeda declare that there is no truth to these claims, and they are baseless, except in the imagination of the politicians of the Black [White] House," according to the statement on a Web site known as a clearing house for Al Qaeda material.

"We call on Muslims not to pay attention to this cheap propaganda and to remember that the media will always be the infidels' sole weapon until the end of the battle," the statement said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Have the US lied to us once again, saying they have intercepted a letter from Al Qaeda, or are Al Qaeda lying because they are embarresed the US intercepted their letter???

Dont suppose we will ever know...Doesnt stop us speculating though!

[edit on 14-10-2205 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
to bad fox didn't give the web site they found it at

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Have the US lied to us once again, saying they have intercepted a letter from Al Qaeda, or are Al Qaeda lying because they are embarresed the US intercepted their letter???

You ever see Fear Factor... Its kinda like that.. Make someone piss themselves so many times till they finally give in.

In other words.. this is as real as the Credible Warning for NYC about people blowing up the subways with babystrollers..

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Letter is all over the net, here's a link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

I will go with the later they are just embarassed because they were found out.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I do not see the need for Al Qaeda to lie. History has shown us that any group linked under Al Qaeda (The Base) is more than happy and rearing to claim responsibility for any of their actions.

If they had indeed sanctioned the letter I think they would have been quite proud to brag about it and claim it as theirs.

For them to come out publicly and say they are not responsible, I believe them. I do believe the US is lying as it has been proved they have lied before. I believe that the US is using Al Qaeda and other Arab muslims organizations to further their own cause.

I am sure my response will incite a few rebuttals from "the cause" but until it can be proved that there is no conspiracy and until it can be proved that the US is being truthful and has been truthful since before 9/11, I will continue to regard the US administration with skepticism and suspicion.

I will continue to be skeptic of all US news releases regarding the movements and doings of Al Qaeda and I will continue to believe there is more to this whole issue than meets the eyes.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Letter is all over the net, here's a link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I ment the Islamic site, not the letter, I'd like to see what else they have posted on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think its interesting that the same day news was leaked about this "letter".. the President was giving a major speech about Iraq. Coincidence? Somehow I doubt it .. especially with this "staged" talk with the troops

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There would be no need to use a Fake letter. With tools like Echelon the US intercepts literally billions of communications. If its electronic its pretty much intercepted. They get hundereds of what could be Al Qaeda threats everyday. So if they wanted to release a intercepted threat for political reason as many claim there wold be no need to fake one they could just pick a real one out of a rather large pile.

How could any single person in Al Qaeda know if any single letter was a fake. They are not all in contact all the time and are a rather large group. Even the top leaders wouldnt be in contact with everyone or there wold be no point of sleeper cells.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I do not see the need for Al Qaeda to lie. History has shown us that any group linked under Al Qaeda (The Base) is more than happy and rearing to claim responsibility for any of their actions.

try reading the letter, you'll see theres plenty of reason to lie about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
While reading the letter it seemed to me it may have been intercepted but also enhanced. First of all the word"folk" used a few times in the letter didn't seem quite right. I mean that the writer's diction seemed funny somehow. Usage of the word God...usually it is printed G_d... I felt it was well, too informative. What do you think?

Thank you,
Starr

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i think someone is piling poo after poo after poo.... to confuse the public.

are you confused yet?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I ment the Islamic site, not the letter, I'd like to see what else they have posted on it.

My bad, misread your original statement.
They probably got it off some pro-jihadi site like Jihad Unspun, see below:

Al-Qaida Organization Refutes Crusader’s Allegations Regarding A Letter From Sheikh Mujahid Ayman Al-Zawahri

As for the letter:

Responding to al Qaeda in Iraq's denial, a spokesman for the U.S. director of national intelligence, John Negroponte, said top officials in the U.S. government are confident the letter is real. The spokesman said the letter was "verified by multiple sources over an extended period of time." CNN

Ken Katzman, a terrorism expert with the Congressional Research Service -- the in-house think-tank of the U.S. Congress -- said the letter contained elements that raised doubts about its authenticity.

"The purported letter has Zawahri admitting to certain things that it's not realistic for him to admit, because he would know there's a potential this letter might be intercepted," Katzman said. washingtonpost

They already tried to leak this Zawahiri letter story to the media before, then the NYC bomb hoax took the stage:

www.alertnet.org 07 Oct 2005
www.washingtonpost.com 07 Oct 2005

Btw, Al Qaeda's No. 2 was killed 9 times already,
even a cat would be dead by now.

Al Qaeda's No. 2 in Iraq killed - Sep 26, 2005

No. 2 Al Qaeda Terrorist May Have Been Killed - Nov 16, 2001

My guess is that the same group that typed this is the
same group that typed up the Niger yellowcake documents.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I do not see the need for Al Qaeda to lie.

Murder and lies go hand in hand. If this is indeed an authentic letter
they would be embarrassed to no end to have it found out about.
It says how they are running out of money due to the success of the
US and freed Iraqis. For this letter to get out, it would dishearten
the terrorists. OF COURSE Al Qaeda will deny it is from them. It's
highly damaging to their 'cause' and to recruitment.

I have no idea if it's real or not, but what I DO know is that Al Qaeda
would be highly embarrassed to have their failures and dirty laundry
aired in public, which this letter does. They HAVE to deny it, even if
it's real.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Btw, Al Qaeda's No. 2 was killed 9 times already,
even a cat would be dead by now.

...My guess is that the same group that typed this is the
same group that typed up the Niger yellowcake documents.

Some days it feels like this whole war is forged.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH! Seen today's obituaries?

Henry Y. Hwang Dies at 77; Founder of Asian-American Bank and Al Qaeda #2

Sanford M. Katz, 75, Civil Rights Lawyer for Defense in Panther 21 Trial and Al Qaeda #2, Dies

Jack White, Pulitzer Prize Winning Reporter Prompting Nixon's "I am not a crook" and Al Qaeda #2, Dies at 63

Tobin Armstrong, Rancher, influential Texas Republican and Al Qaeda #2, Dies at 82

Angelo Argea, 75, Caddie for Jack Nicklaus and Al Qaeda #2, Dies

Mother Benedict Dies at 94; Head of Cloistered Abbey and Al Qaeda #2

Leopold B. Felsen, 81, Expert on the Properties of Waves and Al Qaeda #2, Dies

Stefan Presser, 52, Legal Chief for A.C.L.U. and Al Qaeda #2 (in Pennsylvania), Dies

Jerry Juhl, 67, Award-Winning Head Writer for Muppet Shows and Al Qaeda #2, Is Dead

John E. Struggles, 91, a Founder of Executive Search Company and Al Qaeda #2, Is Dead

John van Hengel, 83, Dies; Set Up First Food Bank in U.S. and Al Qaeda #2

William J. Ruane, 79, Dies; Investor, Philanthropist and Al Qaeda #2

Richard Dunn, 77, Ex-Chief of National Solar Observatory and Al Qaeda #2, Dies

Richard Stone Reeves, Painter of Racehorses and Al Qaeda #2, Is Dead at 85

top topics

join