It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning brain fart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My morning meditation produced two reasons why US drug companies cannot or will not provide the public with an affordable vaccine.

One- minimal profit margin on vaccines- (this is a capitalist society)

Two- they are holding out because of potential legislation that will protect them from being sued

PS

Why bother, if it mutates before the latest product can be mass produced anyhoo

what do y'all think- If they can hold out for legislation, then they can piggyback that legislation onto the next killer drug they invent or have already invented. (think cox2 inhibitor and mercury in other vaccines. )

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, I certainly would not doubt either one of those motivations when it comes to US drug companies.

I think one of the biggest reasons is the lack of knowledge about the latest flu virus.

The legislation to relieve them of responsibility I think comes from a fear that certain vaccines already used (especially on children) have had dangerous side effects.

Certainly, to be able to market a product, turn a profit and then hold no liability for it is the American dream and if anyone can pull it off, the drug companies can. Lets just hope this time, mercury is not a main ingredient.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
you forgot number 3:

its a convinient way to get rid of elderly and the poor

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow this is all really starting to make sense and come together now.

Since the constant use of half-effective vaccines for decades has caused many viruses to mutate and evolve faster than us, its no doubt they want the liability off their back.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm afraid this bad bug will not care whether you are in the best athletic shape possible, it kills 50% whether or not you are poor, elderly, young, or have the best physcial condition you could be in. Cytonetic storm? This killing off of 1/3 the population may even make this world easier to convert to sustainable lifestyles (no, i didn't come up with this idea. I've never had an original thought in my life!)

But it may favor the multimillionaires with sophisticated bug-out rooms with state of the art virus filters. I guess that means 20 million families in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
you forgot number 3:

its a convinient way to get rid of elderly and the poor

Now I really dont think this is the truth, but it would go along way to solving the pension and social support crisis' :/

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Also, don't imagine these are nimble companies, it will take them some time to ramp up capacity.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
oh, come on guys- nobody took the time to figure out that the raw materials are just not there, and it takes a year to cook up - I guess it isn't like methamphetime( Tamiflu- not the vaccine) They really shouldn't come up with a vaccine- since the H5N3 will probably mutate before it can be made this year anyhoo.

Those poor drug companies and their stockholders- like George Bush says- it's such a hard job- to make those little white pills for all these unappreciating people. While Britain can supply every man, woman, and child with it, we get the SNOW job.

Every corporation knows how long, how much, and where, when, and why to get the ingredients to manufacture whatever it is they manufacture. Tell me the drug companies didn't know ahead of time

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
That Britain can have a 'last years' flu shot this year. I didn't mean to imply that britain can get tamiflu for everyone-
Besides, maybe this administration can put everyone into martial law, force them to get a flu shot, then make sure the drug companies can't get sued. Congress is really cooking with gas now!

"The drug companies and doctors got all the liability protection they
needed in 1986 but they are greedy and want more," said Fisher. "And the
federal health agencies want more power to force citizens to use vaccines
without having to worry about properly regulating them. If the Burr bill
passes, all economic incentives to insure mandated vaccines are safe will be
removed and the American people are facing a future where government can force
them to take poorly regulated experimental drugs and vaccines labeled as
"countermeasures" or go to jail. The only recourse for citizens will be to
strike down mandatory vaccination laws so vaccines will be subject to the law
of supply and demand in the marketplace. The health care consumer's cry will
be: No liability? No mandates."

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) was founded by parents of