It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knocking Down a shed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How easy do you guys think it will be to knock this shed down? And what other tools are good for knocking it down beside sledge hammer and axe?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I know how much fun it would be to knock it down, pass it up. You are going to have a ton more clean-up if you just knock it down.

I say start at the top and take it down, not as much fun but less time spent.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How to knock down a shed in 5 easy steps!

Locate shed...

Buy this from dodgy Chinese guy at the pub!

Add this from dodgy Russian guy from Boris's Bar!

Launch at shed and wait (Oh......and dont forget to hide behind kitchen door!)

Bye Bye Mr Shed!!!!!

And that is how to destroy your shed!

Mic

[edit on 13/10/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
get out your chainsaw and stepladder cut it apart in pieces you can handle, the bigger the piece the less cleanup you have, take the roof off then the walls

OR tie a rope around it and pull it over with your car, but then you have all that clean up

[edit on 13/10/2005 by Sauron]

Are you going to pull that tree stump as well?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think we might as well pull that stump yeah

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Chain the top part of it to the back of the truck, and hit the gas.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Crow Bar

You definitely want to get the roof off first. I would get a step ladder and, with the crow bar, loosen the roof in 2-6 sections (depending on how many pieces of plywood are there) and let them fall.

Then beat he walls off from the inside with the sledge hammer, then beat the hell out of the support beams.

I took down a grape arbor once and it was FUN! Be careful. Eye protection, gloves and don't step on anything because of nails!

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OR...

This...

Plus These...

Plus this...

Equals this...

My ways are much better than using a chainsaw, hammer etc...

Mic

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
but Mickey your so fine,
your forgeting the clean up factor LOL or lack of I guess

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
but Mickey your so fine,
your forgeting the clean up factor LOL or lack of I guess

A nuke would vapourise it all...problem solved!

Mic

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here's my sloution, just give me a dam bulldozer.

I think this will do the job!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
My solution involves lots of dynamite. If you use enough of it, there won't even be much cleanup involved. Just some really really small pieces.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
now bringing down sheds is something i can speak of with authority, having done it a number of times

first, you have to take the walls off, otherwise it will be to rigid to pull over.

then dont take the frame apart, pull one end with a tractor prefferably, not a car or ute, and the whole thing will come over like a deck of cards.

then it will be easy to pull apart and take the roof off, and pull the fram apart on the ground.

i can garentee this way will work no problem.

we did it a couiple of times, and worked both putting sheds up and taking them down.

if you do decide to burn it down, which we did once accidently,
it will be a reall big clean up with all the ash and stuff

how much experiance do you have with using tool and stuff?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
ok i just seen the pics of the shed, they didnt load last time.

if you dont want to use the wood again, i say do burn it

i thought your talking about a real shed

just ring your local fire guys, tell em your plan, and then set a match to it

you can grow some vegies or something in the ashes

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I was going to say something similar.

Around here the fire department is usually quite happy to get training opportunities. I know several people who had the fire department come out and burn down a house that was going to be demolished. They will usually come out and light it and put it out several times but in the end the house is burned down. Perhaps they would do it for a shed as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

I was going to say something similar.

Around here the fire department is usually quite happy to get training opportunities. I know several people who had the fire department come out and burn down a house that was going to be demolished. They will usually come out and light it and put it out several times but in the end the house is burned down. Perhaps they would do it for a shed as well.

That's not a bad idea, I agree burn it down, only if you can get the fire department.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
To be honest, there have been some extremely irresponsible suggestions on this shed thread -

i) Please don't burn it down...the surrounding foliage is a distinct fire hazard.

ii) Be careful if using a chainsaw as suggested...nails and such like within the structure could both destroy the chainsaw and also create dangerous shrapnel.

iii) Missiles...well thats just silly.

iv) Pulling it down with a vehicle...Possible, but the risk of causing damage to said vehicle is quite high and should not really be attempted.

No, if you want to remove your shed in a quick and safe manner I would strongly recommend researching this guys methods and techniques -

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Or you call David Copperfield the magician to make your shed disappear.

external image

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The thing is, in my neck of the woods, the fire department will burn that shed down for ya! They will do it as long as it gives them something to do for the day.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Heh, my shed was much easier to destroy. My dad and I did it with out bare hands! I was only a 3rd/4th grader too. Of course, I also got a major cut on my right index finger that day from accidently touching the metal (I have a a large scar on it now). I suggest that you just grab a ****-load of tools and start working the magic! Use a chainsaw, ax, hammer, etc. I don't think the clean-up should be takin into consideration because it will result in a lot of ceaning up anyway. If you want ideas, just do this and youl'll get them yourself: :w:

[edit on 1010/14/0505 by Acekwak]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join