It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AL Queda : Letter intercepted fake!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Whats so difficult to understand the point being made?
You need a mathematical equation to figure this out?

The point is that both parties involved, Al-Qaeda and Dan Rather, are lying.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackBeardI trust no government 100% most if not all Politicians are liars and crooks IMO.

spoken like a true pirate.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
For what it is worth.....I think the letter is a brilliant psy-op deception. There is certainly truth in it regarding the pressures that Al Queda is bearing. And to have the them actually feel the need to respond to it at all certainly says it touched a nerve. After all, if the letter was intercepted, the only person who knows for sure it was fake is the alleged author. The intended recipient would have to at least wonder if it was fake or not. It is exceptionally well thought out, and the clue for me that it was designed for primarily for US consumption is the bit about how we left Viet Nam. I doubt seriously that anyone in Al Queda feels the need to develop a transition plan for when we leave Iraq....but it certainly does add fuel to the case for staying the course doesn't it? With that letter they can claim to have the enemy on the run and at the same time try and start a fight between two important figures in its leadership. I only wonder if they told Bush they were doing it or they left him in the dark.....

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A number of knowledgeable observers have agreed that it is strange for al-Zawahiri and his circle to call the Prophet's grandson, Husayn, an "Imam." There are other odd things about the letter that I will discuss on Saturday.

Later he refers to Husain, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, as al-Imam al-sibt, "the Imam, the grandson". I do not believe that a hard line Sunni such as Zawahiri would call Husain an Imam. That is Shiite terminology.

The letter then says how much Zawahiri misses meeting with Zarqawi. Zarqawi was not part of al-Qaeda when he was in Afghanistan. He had a rivalry with it. And when he went back to Jordan he did not allow the Jordanian and German chapters of his Tawhid wa Jihad group to send money to Bin Laden. If Zawahiri was going to bring up old times, he would have had to find a way to get past this troubled history, not just pretend that the two used to pal around.

www.juancole.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A number of knowledgeable observers have agreed that it is strange for al-Zawahiri and his circle to call the Prophet's grandson, Husayn, an "Imam." There are other odd things about the letter that I will discuss on Saturda

The prophet. son? hmm? Isn't that the same son, whatever, related to some festival of #ies? presuming most of al queda, if not all, are Sunni's why would they make a reference to him?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Seems that alleged fake letter is making the rounds, eh?
Stringly suggesting that the reason that Al-Qaeda has dismissed the intercepted letter as fake, so as to not let its enemies know that things are not looking so grand for Al-Qaeda:

An intercepted letter to Abu Musab Zarqawi, leader of al-Qaeda’s Iraq faction, from Osama bin Laden’s deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, suggests that serious divisions exists in al-Qaeda’s leadership. The letter even suggests that al-Qaeda is running short of cash; Zawahiri asks for money because “many lines have been cut off.”

Zawahiri’s letter makes it clear that al-Qaeda’s political strategy in Iraq is bankrupt.

Zawahiri, in fact, tacitly admits in his letter that democracy’s appeal in Iraq is growing—and that Zarqawi is at least partly to blame.

Zarqawi has to be humiliated by this letter.

Al-Qaeda Agonistes

Yep, all good reasons to call the letter fake, being that it exposes Al-Qaeda as losing its intended role and purpose in and for Iraq.

seekerof

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Are u insinuating that 1,000 plus dead american and
british soldier lives are better than 100,000 plus people.

Are you referring to the alleged 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians
by US forces? You do realize that was debunked, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
And honestly we have no moral right to say who is the bad guys and who
is the good guys,,, cause one man's terrorist is another man's freedom
fighter

The Iraqi people themselves hate the insurgents. They know that the
terrorists are not 'freedom fighters'. It's only the radical lefties in the
West that want to believe that those murderers of Iraqi civilians are
fighting for freedom.

The fact of the matter is that America and the rest of the Coalition
forces would probably be well on their way to being out of Iraq already
if it weren't for the insurgents. THEY are the reason that foreign troops
are still in Iraq. They have only themselves to blame. If they'd stop
murdering children, civilians, Iraqis standing in the market, police
waiting for paychecks, etc. .... we'd be gone by now.

[edit on 10/17/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
And then there's the part where Zawahiri tells Zarqawi to say hi to himself:

U.S. intelligence officials who released a letter purporting to be from an al Qaeda leader to Iraq insurgency leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi this week said on Friday they could not account for a passage that has raised doubts about the document's authenticity.

The July 9 dated letter, which U.S. officials say was written by al Qaeda's second in command, Ayman al-Zawahri, appears near its close to urge the Iraq insurgent leader to send greetings to himself if visiting the Iraqi city of Falluja.

"My greetings to all the loved ones and please give me news of Karem and the rest of the folks I know," says an unedited English translation posted at www.dni.gov, the office Web site of U.S. intelligence chief John Negroponte.

"And especially, by God, if by chance you're going to Falluja, send greetings to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi," it states.

The letter was supposed to be to Zarqawi.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackBeard

I, too have gotten very weary of the U.S. liberal media, especially when it comes to what is working and not working in the Middle East. That being said, I find it very odd that the big rumor mill (CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC) pounce on the private life of a VP nominee or a Presidential nominee's slip of the tounge - Repeating it over and over again, yet the story of these so called letters is a side note because it doesn't promote the liberal agenda - it only serves as proof that the build up of colilition forces has put a stranglehold on terrorists. I think I am smart enough to come to my own educated hypothesis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join