It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Aspiring James Bonds, Please Line Up on the Left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Britain's MI6 intelligence agency, made famous/infamous in the fictional exploits of British SIS agent James Bond, has broken a 96-year protocol to publicly advertise for potential new recruits. The recruitment notice, with basic criteria, is posted on the agency's website.

www.alertnet.org
The move follows intelligence failures on both sides of the Atlantic that gave no warnings of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in the United States or this year's July 7 bombings in London.

"Whether you feel that your strengths could lead you towards operations, intelligence analysis, management, data handling or security, whether you have the skills to design high-tech gadgets or to deploy them in a hostile environment, SIS may have the career for you."

Candidates must be over 21 and British, have lived in Britain for five of the last 10 years and pass an "extensive security clearance process". They should go to www.sis.gov.uk.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's likely and unsurprising that the UK would be beefing up her intelligence resources - human and otherwise - in response to the recent terror attacks in London. I wonder if there were any undisclosed mass dismissals after intelligence failures surrounding that event. Things must be getting desperate if MI6 has to resort to open advertisement for recruits on the www.

Whether aspiring secret agents are to report to 'M' or 'Q' is still unclear at this stage.

So...any British ATSers feel they're up to the task?

Related News Links:
www.mirror.c o.uk

[edit on 2005-10-13 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
MI5 started a recruitment drive over a year ago. I actually had a look at the application site and work descriptions for surveillance operatives but there was no chance of a licence to kill or a company supplied Aston Martin..BUMMER!!!

The money was pretty low too, surprisingly. Although well versed in surveillance, having worked in the private sector for many years, I gave it a miss as I can earn a lot more in the corporate security market.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hmmmm....Interesting......

I am looking at their website now, quite flashy for something that is supposed to be secret!

Didn't know that they were really SIS, not MI6......

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My bad

[edit on 13-10-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Movie casting? WTF..did you read the report?

top topics

join