It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I hesitate to start a thread, being new here but didn't see anything about this so far.
Is anyone looking at all the Executive Orders Bush is revoking? Or the new ones he's issuing? There are plenty and this is flying by under the radar, the media isn't bringing up. Why?
I've tried to make heads or tails of what I'm reading but I'm finding revocations of amendments of revocations to the point the meat of the matter is buried. I find this for EO 13295: "...providing for the apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases,..." Huh!

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Proper context must be maintained

In respect to the full context of the EO that you pulled your selected mention from:

Section 1. Based upon the recommendation of the
Secretary of Health and Human Services (the
``Secretary''), in consultation with the Surgeon
General, and for the purpose of specifying certain
communicable diseases for regulations providing for the
apprehension, detention, or conditional release of
individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission,
or spread of suspected communicable diseases, the
following communicable diseases are hereby specified
pursuant to section 361(b) of the Public Health Service
Act:

EO 13295

To be applicable in situations such as:

(a) Cholera; Diphtheria; infectious Tuberculosis; Plague; Smallpox; Yellow Fever; and Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (Lassa, Marburg, Ebola, Crimean-Congo, South American, and others not yet isolated or named).

(b) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which is a disease associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, is transmitted from person to person predominantly by the aerosolized or droplet route, and, if spread in the population, would have severe public health consequences.

Executive Order 13295 of April 4, 2003: Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases

Furthermore, in looking at the full context of what EO your pulling from, one will see and understand the need for such measures, especially in the additional case(s) of pandemic influenza viruses, and/or pandemic virus situations. You are aware of what pandemic means or implies?
National Center For Infectious Diseases: Division of Global Migration and Quarantine: Questions and Answers on the Executive Order Adding Potentially Pandemic Influenza Viruses to the List of Quarantinable Diseases

There are no "revocations of amendments of revocations." They are amendments giving further/additional criteria, definitions, and/or clarifications.

seekerof

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I gave that as an example. Bush's EO in that matter only enlarged the list of diseases the EO was applicable toward. I am aware of what pandemic means. What I am asking is does it seem to anyone besides me that Bush is signing an awful lot of EOs without anyone knowing about it. Not just the influenza or disease.
I think most people when they become that ill with influenze have the sense to stay home. My concern in that particular instance was will military come to my home where I am staying out of the public and drag me out to be transported to a quarantine area? Why? Isn't staying in my own home good enough? I rarely even get a cold but when I do, I stay in so I don't get infected with something even worse. I am aware there are those who drag their coughing, runny-nosed kids everywhere with them and that is why I stay home.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alikospah
I gave that as an example. Bush's EO in that matter only enlarged the list of diseases the EO was applicable toward. I am aware of what pandemic means. What I am asking is does it seem to anyone besides me that Bush is signing an awful lot of EOs without anyone knowing about it.

This is nothing abnormal. According to whitehouse.gov, Bush has issued 20 EOs so far in 2005. Source: www.whitehouse.gov...

For comparison purposes, Source: www.englishfirst.org...

Mr. Clinton has averaged 45.8 executive orders a year, the least among the last eight presidents except for Mr. Bush, who averaged 42 per year.
Mr. Carter leads the pack with 80 per year, followed by Mr. Kennedy (76), and Gerald Ford (70). All, however, fell behind a pace that averaged 96 orders per year since 1862.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Executive Orders, I believe, is where you'll see the presidential pardons handed down.

Another place to keep an eye out is the Federal Register.

Here's a new DoD reg going into effect soon. RFID's for shipping full steam ahead:

[Federal Register: September 13, 2005 (Volume 70, Number 176)]
[Rules and Regulations]
[Page 53955-53969]
From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr13se05-21]

[[Page 53955]]

=======================================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

48 CFR Parts 211, 212, and 252

[DFARS Case 2004-D011]

Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement; Radio
Frequency Identification

AGENCY: Department of Defense (DoD).

ACTION: Final rule.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal
Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to add policy pertaining to
package marking with passive radio frequency identification (RFID)
tags. The rule requires contractors to affix passive RFID tags at the
case and palletized unit load levels when shipping packaged operational
rations, clothing, individual equipment, tools, personal demand items,
or weapon system repair parts, to the Defense Distribution Depot in
Susquehanna, PA, or the Defense Distribution Depot in San Joaquin, CA.

EFFECTIVE DATE: November 14, 2005.

full reg here

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: psyopswatcher

Do a search on all of the Executive Orders that will take effect in the event that Martial Law would be declared..
property and vehicles can be confiscated, farmlands taken, food supplies confiscated.. the list is actually quite long but just conduct that search here on google..

new topics

top topics

join