It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wife that keeps on giving

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Was the women in question have 16 kids by choice?
Has far as I can tell nobody forced her to give birth to the population of a small country town. Providing the couple are able support there kids without hand outs from the state they should be free to have as many kids as they want.

When the kids reach working age the majority of there pay packet shouldnt be spend on the family this is the year 2005 any couples with common sense would use birth controll to prevent the family from growing any larger.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I believe that the reason of their large family is religious motivated they believe that having children is a gift from God and they will have as many as the lord will permit.

So I guess they do not practice birth control because is no natural.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just when I had my mind made up about having 8 kids when i'm in my 40s all you people gotta let it be known that 2/3 kids is enough

Now I 'have to' make sure I can afford a couple nanny's when that time comes, geez.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I tell you Truelies back in the days when my kids were pre schoolers I decided to work and I only have two children, my monthly child care in the area of north Virginia cost me over 600 dollars and this was in the 80's.

half my check was on daycare alone.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I tell you Truelies back in the days when my kids were pre schoolers I decided to work and I only have two children, my monthly child care in the area of north Virginia cost me over 600 dollars and this was in the 80's.

well suck me sideways, thats a bummer. Maybe i'll hold off on the kid thing till im in my 60s, when im retired i'll need something to keep me busy and stimulated.
that and daily exercise.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My two boys are in daycare. It costs us $850 a month and that is one of the cheapest we could find. It aint cheap.
But what can you do, i tried selling them on e-bay but no takers yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh, Wren they are worth it, they all are

I know how expensive day care can be it was in the 80's and now in these times has almost double, I feel sorry for people that depend on care for their children so they can work.

Can you imagine a family on low income having to pay most of their pay checks on care and bills, now wonder is such much poverty even when people works.

After my 600 dollars a month day care I decided that it was better to get them in private schools and get some education at the same time, I did that for two years until my husband came back from the Gulf war and we move to another duty station, by then I was able to work and just pay for couple hours a day of care.

It's hard for a mother to be alone and work I was like that for 18 months when my husband was gone to war.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
can you imagine a single mom of two preschoolers being told by our government to work for that welfare check........

it's kind of idiotic really, how much is the childcare, now figure out just how much she'd have to make just to cover the childcare....most can't make that much, so well, they then will still get most of the welfare check, work expenses (transportation, clothing, ect....., and childcare costs paid by us, the US taxpayer......
and this is good???? we are paying more, aren't we???

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't know about that downstart I have never been on welfare all my children expenses came from my check and it was hard to work just to pay for childcare.

So I can not imagine the hardships of a single mother on a low income job trying to pay for day care for the babies, actually is kind of impossible.

No wonder is so many women that prefer to stay home and depend on us the tax payer.

I guess when it comes to poverty leves and the desire to strive is not many options.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I couldn't work until my kids got old enough that I could trust them to be left alone, at least for an hour or so until my husband got home from work, then we could work different shifts and be able to do it...

the childcare would have eaten up any money I could earn and then some, and well, wasn't eligiable for any assistance, and it didn't seem too sane to work and then have to rely on my husband's earning not only to take care of all the bills and such, but also chip in and pay for the childcare so I could work! and to think when they were really young, back in the 80's........I could get by with a couple of dollars an hour for all three of them..

[edit on 8-11-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I imagine Dawnstar I keep forgetting that you are a girl

Yes you are right I had not choice but to work when my husband was in the gulf war or I would have gotten crazy it actually kept me busy.

After he came back it was different he was able to pick them after work because sometimes I had to work nights.

After that I was on and off work until they were old enough to be by themselves.

One thing is for sure child care will eat you pay check if you are not a lucky one that can make enough to add the expenses.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
My Aunt has 14 and I DO NOT admire her lol

My mother had 3 of us and was asleep when she gave birth to 2 of us (not me! U know I came in the world kickin and screamin haha) now that I admire although I doubt I will bear any children, as much as I want to I agree with dawnstar's earlier comments on the struggle we face now growing up ... unless of course I get rich
hehe

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Children are very expensive, and it most often it doesn't end when they are 18 then it comes college and even after their bachelor's my daughter now is expressing her desire to go to graduate school.

So we are still helping.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I just think of that poor woman. 14 kids.

...My mom had 7, plus a bunch of miscarriages. It was very hard on her health. ...Yep. Catholic.

Amethyst - I agree with you about the depopulation agenda, but I also think women are not cattle. Also, the world population growth rate has been falling for a while - I hear you on that one. I don't think that's bad though, because it shot up for a while before that... I also agree with you that people aren't starving because there's no food - it's because food is sent to rot, rather than be distributed where it's needed.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Also I read once that most of the problem with the food that is send to other countries is that it doesn't meet the other countries dietary specifications.

It's like sending pork to muslins when we all know that is not part of their diet.

But I also agree that food is withheld when it means life and death on some third world countries, very sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join