It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wife that keeps on giving

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Mom delivers 16th child, thinking of more

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said.

This former state representative believe that children are the lords gift and plans to have as many as he and his wife can.

I feel very sorry for the missus.

My father has a cousin that he and his wife had 13 children after the last one the doctor told them that if she didn't stop having children her uterus was going to fall off her body.

At that time she decided that it was enough.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 12-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do you have a link for that, marg?

I'd like to read more

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here's one:

www.news10.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
More power to her and the family. I wish them the best of luck and hold the utmost respect for them. I could not imagine having three kids let alone 16.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I tell you I only have two and it was times when I though that they multiply by the tens.

But as usual is almost over now so I guess next step is waiting for them to start multiplying.

I came from a big family, my father's family of brothers and sisters was about 14 taking surviving but some die in childhood, and now they are down to 6 surviving siblings.

But I guess that is the way that it was back in the time, now only if you are a dedicated parent or have a lot of help you can afford a big family in this days.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I tell you I only have two and it was times when I though that they multiply by the tens.

But as usual is almost over now so I guess next step is waiting for them to start multiplying.

I came from a big family, my father's family of brothers and sisters was about 14 taking surviving but some die in childhood, and now they are down to 6 surviving siblings.

But I guess that is the way that it was back in the time, now only if you are a dedicated parent or have a lot of help you can afford a big family in this days.

Yeah i have two myself marg (3 & 5) which is plenty. My grandparents had 10 (7 girls 3 boys) most of my family is Catholic and back in the day they believed use of birth control was a sin. I know that is still the policy, but not so strictly adhered too as it once was. The rule of the day back then was the 'rhythm method' guess Gramps, like me, was rhythmically challenged. I'm that guy sitting a the bar just bobbing my head

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Does a woman even have to push the baby out anymore once she gets in to the teens?

This is ridiculous!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Rren yes being catholic was a big plus, back where I came from the church had a lot to do with family sizes.

My mother was only 22 when she decided to take care of birth control the with tubal ligation, after two children to find out that the doctor didn't want to perform the procedure because she was too young, my mom end up with two more children before she could do it.

I remember that family size was a big deal and sign of prowess for the man.

The think I wonder the most is that back then it was always plenty of food in the tables and only one person working.

Dr Love

I remember one time my mother make a comment that after so many children child birth was barely a problem anymore.

It becomes easier after a while, I guess.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hell my momma said when she got around to me she could have just dropped me in the feild and kept on working. Of course I am only Numero 4, but I guess at that point it was enough for my momma to go from hospital to home in practically the same hour. I think that's why she loves me so, my older sis took so long yet I, according to her, just fell out. Hmmm, maybe that is how parents choose which kid they love more?

"Honey, because of that kid we had to spend x time in hospital running up this high of a bill, this one only took y time and we were out the same day, I love this one."

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Must be pretty good money in real-estate!!!

wonder what he'll do if he makes it to the state senate? do they pay enough to support 16 or more kids? or will he be the only state senator on food stamps? maybe the older kids can take care of the little ones while they both work their tails off.....who knows. just don't tell me that our taxmoney is paying for the childcare of 5 or six of them so mom can work in a mc donalds or something.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey, if a couple wants 40 kids I say go for it. Even if childcare/money was an issue, the older kids can get jobs and help care for the younger ones if necessary, and they can help with housework.

It's too bad that society today considers children burdens instead of blessings.
My little boy, who's going on 4, can be a real handful sometimes but NEVER do I regret having him!

A woman's body is designed to bear children. So I fail to see how the "equipment" can get worn out. If the woman loves being pregnant, there shouldn't be any shame in that at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ah, yes, the return of child labor, that should solve of at least some of the problems of illegal immigrants, shouldn't it? the kids need to be going to school, working hard at their homework, and having a childhood, so they can be well balanced highly educated adults that can support their own family!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
dawnstar, you bring a great point, one of the reasons my grandfather had so many children was due to them been able to work in the family business that was sugar cane and tobacco farming back in the days.

Even today in many south American countries the reason for having so many children specially males is to help earn money.

While I was working with Spanish children one of the problems that I confronted when I talk to some of the families was that their older children between 12 and up wanted to work and that was one of the reason for them to be here in the US.

When I explained to them that children in this country as long as they are under age had to be in schools many didn't understand why.

It was a time in the US when that was the reason for having children and then was called child labor and then was eradicated.

Now a days only people that has the means to support a big family have many children anybody else has to think about supporting them and then finance education after they are 18, like me.

Or depend on the state to help support them.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My mom works as an aide in a POHI classroom and the mother of one of the kids had 14 children all between the ages of 16 and 1. The problem they 10 different fathers maybe 11. The wierdest part was I remember my mom being dumbfounded when she told me that the child she worked with, who was only 7 or 8 years old, could name all the fathers.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
ah, yes, the return of child labor, that should solve of at least some of the problems of illegal immigrants, shouldn't it? the kids need to be going to school, working hard at their homework, and having a childhood, so they can be well balanced highly educated adults that can support their own family!

I meant when the older kids are old enough to get a job they can--they don't have to work full time, and they can be homeschooled, and they can help with the younger ones.

Besides, it doesn't hurt to teach kids responsibility. Nowadays college kids are still more interested in playing than becoming responsible citizens. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
and when they are 21, or 22, I suspose they can still be working in that low wage job, supporting their brothers and sisters right, hey, just move thier wife in with them and she can get a job also!! just to support the kids of her husband's parents....of course, she might have her own siblings to care for now, huh??

hey, this is a good one!! now, not only can we run up this great national debt and expect our kids to pay for it, but we can pop kids out one after the other and expect them to pay for them too!!

I have three kids, just now reaching adultood, I got a feeling that life is gonna be tough enough for them and grandma and grandpa will be pitching in to help their kids have the things they need and some of what they desire, just like my mom did for my kids.....and come to think of it, my grandma did for me. I wouldn't want my kids encumbered by my stupidity!!

hey if a women actually wants a large family, and has the means to provide for it, well, hey I say go for it....but well, more than likely, most women don't want that large of a family, their isn't the means to provide for it....and well, it is our kids that will be paying off our national debt as we continue to live in our comfy little america in a lifestyle we can no longer pay for. I don't see where encouraging women to have 7, 8, 9 or more kids will help that situation any at all. it will just increase the number of people living in proverty, waste resources as our children and grandchildren are pushed out into the workforce instead of getting educated enough to obtain decent work, and in plain simple words......create a bigger mess!!

you want 20 kids, hey go for it!! but, well, I sure hope many don't follow in your footsteps!

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know, dawnstar, the NWO shills love hearing you talk. They're all for depopulation.

Did you know that the birthrate average worldwide is around 1.7-1.8 children per couple? Replacement level is 2.1-2.2. So what we're going to experience is NEGATIVE population growth. It doesn't look like it now, but wait until the elderly start dying off--sooner than they normally would if the euthanasia bunch has their way.

It's been predicted that the population will be at a steady climb until the middle of this century--and then there will be a sharp drop.

You know why people are starving in Africa and other places? It's not due to insufficient food--it's due to people WITHHOLDING it!

So forget what the left-wing tree-hugger types tell you--it's just not true. It's been said that the entire world population could fit in Texas and not be overcrowded. There's plenty of room and resources.

So if you can make a family of 10-20 work, go for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sorry Ammy, but thats because they have 50 kids and have no way to care for them. Sure 30-45 normally die before they reach the age of 1, but still... They have all these kids but no way to care for them. Its the church's fault of course, they banned condoms so none of the Africans use condoms, so every time they stick it in a baby pops out.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Full Metal, I'm not even Catholic.

Besides, condoms are not 100% foolproof.

I also think that's nonsense because a starving woman is not really going to be able to pop out that many kids. Did you know that a girl with anorexia stops having periods? You think she could pop out kids like that? I would think that the body would shut down any non-essential functions to survive.

No source for this, just using some logic.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
with 300 million people, failing health care system and high living costs, how could anyone suggest having large families? lower populations = more money for health care, education, utilities, lower crime, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join