It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video iPod You Say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yes today (10/12/2005) apple introduced a new ipod that plays video as well as music. It comes in a 30 or 60 GB capacity and sells for $299-$399. Kinglizard drools....

www.apple.com...

Look at the screen size! Nice....

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What size is the screen? It seems that for that price it would be a better deal to buy a media player with more internal memory and a larger screen.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'll check Jet but I think it's like 2.5 inches.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow.... I must buy that.... I only have 80 dollars to my name... *starts taking money from little sisters bank account* She never spends any... she has liek 1000 from liek her communion 5 years ago....

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah...

Purdy.

I'd say more if I wasn't so much of fanboi.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
xbox 360 and new iPod... maybe I'll find some way to pull this off for christmas...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Best of luck!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
With Apple today you are just buying a name and a nice outer case.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Not it's IPods though, ingenius design as well as an attractive one. Can you think of a better way to navigate through dozens of songs using anything but the click wheel?(Patented tech I believe too)

Still skeptical about VIPods though, I want a retina display first!! :bnghd: That would be sweet.

There computers I wholeheartedly agree, but lets face it Apple as a company is changing radically. They are no longer competing head to head with Microsoft now that they pretty much got the Music industry in their back pocket now. Hollywood will follow shortly and in 5 years Apple will be the Google of Video and Audio indexing as well as the Amazon.com for retailing outlet of Music and Video(movies, music videos and television shows) through the iTunes application. It's an ingenious strategy that will most likely work in the short term, only main threat I see is TV over IP (NOT IPTV Comcast's proprietary POS)

[edit on 13-10-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just a quick note to share my "experience" when dealing with Apple.

I ran into a delivery problem with Apple and wrote an email to their customer service people. Instead of answering my question they start to send me form letters which offered NO information on the question I asked.

Asked the question again and they send back a new form letter addressing a totally unrelated issue.

Those morons at Apple customer service are totally useless, I think perhaps it is an Apple corporate policy to stonewall any question and drag it out so that they do not have to address any of your compliants . . .

But meantime, my respect for, and trust of Apple tanked . . .

Apple customer service morons ===>

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well the apple iPod customer service people helped and they actually knew about htis project. The closest one to me is in Canada and after fixing my iPod we had a chat about iPods and computers and the like lol

top topics

join