It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Swedish Sperm Donor Must Pay Child Support To Lesbian Couple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Fathering a child and a free cellphone are not anywhere near the same thing.

Donating something should not give it special status, other than tax deductible.

Anyway, I have heard of things like this happening before. The poor guy thought he was helping by giving a woman his sperm, but the law came back and bit him on the arse.

If you knowingly and willingly father a child, no matter what legal documents you sign, you are going to pay child support. This guy was not an anonymous donor or else none of this would have happened. The women should have gone to a sperm bank. It seems that the women knew of this possibility and happily tricked this poor sap into a nonlegally binding agreement to get what they wanted, a kid, and child support if they ever broke up.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This was the mistake the man made, and for what he now has to support the children.

Nonetheless, the man signed a document confirming that he was the biological father of the children.

Why did he sign? I wonder.

Sometimes to identify medical history ie. at risk of heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, etc...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This was the mistake the man made, and for what he now has to support the children.

Nonetheless, the man signed a document confirming that he was the biological father of the children.

Why did he sign? I wonder.

Sometimes to identify medical history ie. at risk of heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, etc...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I would bet money that had the man tried to have any influence on or role in the lives of the children while the lesbians were still together and raising them, the same mother of these children would have objected.

"Oh, you aren't the father until I need you to be (or I need your money because my partner left)."

I can't know this for certain of course, but its the type of behavior I would expect from a woman who would do this to a man who gave her such a gift she otherwise wouldn't have access to.

This smacks of greed and ungreatfulness to me.

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 13-10-2005 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If he has to pay for child support, then he should also get custody rights. He should go for at the very least joint custody. He may very well change his mind now that he has to pay. Also, I believe he now has the right to be a pain in the neck father towards her to make sure she raises him right. It very well looks like she is unstable. She can't keep a commitment, and she breaks contracts and agreements. I hope he definitly goes after her if she tries to move away from him, especially out of state.

I wonder what would happen if he gained partial custody, and she moved away just so he couldn't see his child?

I wonder if this wasen't just a set up initially. Convince a male friend to donate knowing that you are going to break up soon after the child is born just to collect child support. Even if it was true, the poor guy wouldn't be able to prove it anyhow.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
now thats one ungratefull lesbian

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
wow, thats possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

The guy is a donor who should have no affiliation to the "lesbian woman". I think its kind of pushing the line for homosexuals to adopt, it isn't right. Kids should be brought up with 1 father (preferably male) 1 mother (hopefully female). Then they adopt screw it up and make some poor "donor" pay child support.........

Vorta

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I also would imagine that had the donor known that he would be libel for support, there would have been no donation.

See? Do someone a favor and it litteraly becomes your job, now enforced by the court.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I agree Mistery_Lady!

I'd sure sue her for full custody, and at the end of the day she'd had to get a job and pay ME child support.

What an opportunistic little @#$%

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I agree Mistery_Lady!

I'd sure sue her for full custody, and at the end of the day she'd had to get a job and pay ME child support.

What an opportunistic little @#$%

I agree as well. If you have to pay, why stand by and let your sons be raised by lesbians. That's gotta be confusing for the kids! I mean, unless it's a really butch lesbian. That would make for some really interesting reality TV (even though I hate reality TV, I'd watch that!). They could call it "The Real Mr. Mom".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join