It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Server issues @Google.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For me it started at 4:47 p.m. EST USA

Google getting too big [too fast] for their britches or just a network hiccup?

30 minutess +

It's not a DNS issue as the response originates from their server(s).

Anyone else?!

[edit on 10/12/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am not having a problem with google.
Just did two quick searches, updated the news page and checked my gmail account. May be an issue with the recent disconnect between tow of the internet backbone companies. there was something in the news last week on it.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
kenshiro2012:

30 minutes+ here with the same error message.

I threw in the "too big too fast" comment simply to entice any conspirital appetites.

With Google being created from a clustered-network-type approach it may have been a regional/local phenomena.

I am connected thru a T-1 pier I thus my concern [per se].

Since Google's inception I have rarely received a server error response and never for more than a minute or two.

I'm not "sounding the alarm" . . . just throwing it out there to see if others may have experienced the same.

Peace2All

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have had problems connecting to various sites that I visit on a regular basis.
Most of the problems that I have had I have been able to trace back to the backbone disconnect that I mentioned.
MSN News

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've been "watching" the two big boys toe-to-toe situation but have yet to feel the result.

I haven't experienced any connectivity issues net-wide nor with the dedicated server I use for hosting and such. Ironically, it's the same provider ATS uses.

On another note:
The "issue" between Level3 and Cogent seems to be drawing attention by certain government agencies [the same ones] who desire to provide "stability" thru regulation. NOT?!

Personally, I would rather have a "shakey" internet than one regulated [controlled] by ANY government agency!

?Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would agree that I would not want to see the net regulated by the goverment to a point. This hissy fit between Level 3 and Cognet needs to be stopped as it has caused problems. The goverment or some other agency needs to step up to get these 2 to stop the fighting. If not, it could lead to other backbone companies to do the same and basically break up the net.
Sort of like the AOL bit where the AOL Net is more of an intranet than an internet.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have gotten a server error with Google before, but I dont remember it saying to try again in 30 seconds.

top topics

join