It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about ats store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
when i click the link to the ats store nothing happens. is this because i dont have enough points to view anything, or is there something wrong with it?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Normally you don't need to click on the link for it to show. It should show automatically (from my experience).

Are you sure it's not there?

What's showing up? Is it blank?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
yup, completely blank...the task bar shows that the page is loading, but then its blank when complete.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Are you speaking of the "ATS Store" link [next the "Member Upload" link] in your mCenter?

The default display within mCenter [on the left] is the ATS store, where you are able to "purchase" options with your acquired points. Options such as Custom Titles, Turn off censors, etc.

??
??

[edit on 10/12/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm having the same problem. Just a blank whiteness.

I have tried on numerous computers, Firefox, IE, AOL Browse, Win XP, ME, all sorts, no luck. I u2u'd for help yesrterday, maybe someone is working on it? Must be something with the accounts...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think this is the same as the issue some members are having with the Member Upload section. It seems to be a firewall issue.
I used to have a blank Member Upload with Norton and ZoneAlarm as my firewalls. No problem with Sygate, though.

Please see this for more info:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
nah, i tried turning off the windows firewall, didnt work...incidently though, i found earlier that i can access the store from the banner at the top of the page when it cycles through to advertise the store....but not from the mcenter....odd, huh?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Aha, I'm not the only one with this issue
I tried from a totally unprotected PC yesterday, still no go.

I always have the member uploads page though, that loads fine no matter where I am.

[edit on 10/13/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My Upload Center also works fine. I dont think it is a firewall, I went on unprotected yesterday also.

I will try clicking the banner if ever it comes along...

Does Skeptic maybe know anything about this?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Same problem here. Not that I have alot of points to spend but I would like to spend them. Tried the firwall trick tried fire fox tried IE 6 none helps. Any help would be great.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm gonna try and get an official-type answer. This thread is about the same topic, and although it was started later, it has more replies.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm gonna close this thread, so please us the above link for further postings.

FWIW, here's the answer I got from SO:

It's one of two things:

1) Overly aggressive ad blockers treat iFrames as ads and block the content (not to mention that I dislike members who use ad blockers on ATS)

2) Overly paranoid firewall settings that prevents referrer information from being passed (it's part of the site security to authenticate an appropriate user and prevent off-site forms from spoofing data).

Closed.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join