It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States mull about the use of troops to quarantine if flu breaksout.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
LIN KLINK

TON (Reuters) - The Pentagon is looking at the possibility of using federal troops to enforce a quarantine in the event of an outbreak of pandemic bird flu in the United States, a senior official said on Wednesday.

President George W. Bush said last week he would consider using the military to "effect a quarantine" in response to any outbreak of avian influenza, but provided few details.

Bush at the time also suggested he might place National Guard troops, normally commanded by state governors, under federal control as part of the government's response to the "catastrophe" of such a flu pandemic.

so wat do u dink? should the military should be involve? i dink so because dealing with maybe possible large population that is infected u may need every manpower as possible.

its kinda like the movie Outbreak.

need help on link. thank you.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by deltaboy]

Mod Edit: to fix link as best I could.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the same one but try this

link

I tried to find the exact link but this was as close as I could come.

Hope this helps

[edit on 12-10-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
Not sure if this is the same one but try this

link

thanks justme.
it looks like another conspiracy? or just a precaution to contain a possible flu outbreak?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sorry took so long to get back to you --minor family emergency had to run to.

I think it is more trying to figure how to handle things if the pandemic does happen. I had read one article (can't find it right now) that was saying that they didn't think this was needed because people stay home when they are sick. My first thought when I read that was "What planet are you living on"
I am always amazed at the number of people who go to work sick - with fevers, sneezing, coughing, hacking and not covering their mouths or anything. People in the US (don't know about the rest of the world) seem to take pride in being on their deathbeds and infecting everyone around them but saying "I didn't stay home -- I came to work when I wasn't feeling well" But not taking into consideration that they are the ones who started the whole epidemic in their workplace that others are having to stay home because they are now sick.

Ok will get off my soapbox now -- this is a real bone of contention to me and I tend to get passionate about people staying home when they are sick.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
No, no, no, a thousand times NO.

Bush is looking for every excuse to strip away what freedoms we have left.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Troops should be used to protect life and personal property under "martial law" if it is declared.

new topics

top topics

join