It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: '1 In 3' Britons Want An Immediate Troop Withdrawal From Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some 31% of the people questioned by the ICM research group (UK), believe that British troops should make an immediate withdrawal from Iraq. 23% believed they should set a firm date for leaving and 40 % thought we should stay until Iraqi security forces can cope alone.

news.bbc.co.uk

Almost a third of people think British troops should leave Iraq immediately, a poll carried out for BBC Two's Newsnight suggests.
Some 31% of the 1,024 people questioned by ICM Research gave this opinion, while 23% thought a firm withdrawal date should be set for later.

Meanwhile, 40% said British troops should stay until Iraqi security forces were ready to take over.

And 6% said they were unsure what should happen.

The UK government says the troops should "stay until the job is done" and has rejected calls for a specific date for pulling out.

Ministers argue the UK should not "cut and run" and must support democracy and security in Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The majority of the people replied that we should wait until Iraqi security forces can cope alone before we withdraw, BUT, how can they expect us to do this when we know that Iraqi forces have been infilltrated by the insurgency?

We need to stay as long as need be, until Iraq is a safe place for the Iraqi public to live!

[edit on 13-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I supported the war from the beginning and i still do.

We cannot let the minority of insurgents beat us, which means staying till the end.

It may seem a long way off, but we are succeding in Afghanistan so one day we shall succeed in Iraq too.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am a 100% supporter of the war in Iraq, even if only on huminatarian grounds. Iraqi people where tortured, murdered, abducted, imprisoned and yet some people still believe they where better off before we intervened (how stupid can you be and still breath ?).
My brother is currently in Basra with the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, i am proud of him and all British soldiers there !

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And now the Iraqi people are murdered, tortured, and worse then anything Saddam did but this time it's the US doing it! How is this better? Also under Saddam they had food, water, power, now they don't because we firebombed them. SUre we killed 100,000 civillians, and sure we torture the innoccent with broomsticks, or pee on them, or send dogs on them when they are naked, but we are America!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you are not intelligent enough to understand that both US and British media thrive on negative news and therefore dont report the news truthfully then this is sad, i have first hand info from the soldiers in the field who have people shaking hands with them, hugging them and thanking them for rescuing there country from Sadam.

top topics

join