It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another bogus study on Ecstasy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Scientists at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine have retracted a second study linking the drug Ecstasy to a certain type of brain damage - because once again, the wrong drug was given to lab animals.

Dr. Una D. McCann, a neuroscientist involved in both experiments, said a letter of retraction was sent yesterday to a medical journal, which she declined to identify until editors there decide how to handle the matter.

www.sunspot.net...

Same university as before, same mislabeled vial of drugs, different study. The article goes on to say they're also checking other studies to see if Ecstasy was accidently used in place of the methamphetamine.

The saying is: Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action. I think the moral here is that researchers shouldn't be trusted to handle drugs.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I've always said that Ecstacy would be the only illegal drug I'd try besides pot. I don't know...for some reason, I don't see it as being on the same level as crack, meth, coc aine, etc...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I've always said that Ecstacy would be the only illegal drug I'd try besides pot. I don't know...for some reason, I don't see it as being on the same level as crack, meth, coc aine, etc...

'___' is actually the least damaging of any drug. I still think X is a bit dangerous, even though I've done plenty.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I love how our government has a war on drugs but uses drug money to pay for things that aren't allowed for on the general budget, such as black projects and covert operations. Iran Contra gave us only a tiny peep into this reality. And to top it off the government allows states to arrest people for drug use and allow the states to continue to deplete their own money on the growing drug problem supported by the federal government. Its really hilarious.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

More or less, " There's a saying in Chicago, Mr. Bond, once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, the third time it's enemy action." Auric Goldfinger, Goldfinger-Ian Fleming

Anyway E isn't always good since amateurs make it and it might mess you up because they didn't make it right. That's my take on it.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The only problems with Ecstacy are when it's cut with something that is lethal/dangerous for your body e.g Rat poison. However, look at the facts: around 2 million people take ecstacy every weekend in Britain and there are around 12 deaths every year and these can also be cause by people who over drink becuase they are paranoid about dehidration. If the government allowed people to check their pills then there would be alot less problems.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i agree earthtone. iv seen a lot of e in my time. i once over drank water, sickest iv ever felt in my life. it isnt the e thats bad its whats in the e.and since most e nowadays has little to no e actually in it. its a waste.

top topics

join