It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Can't Smoke? Drink a Nicotine Beer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The new beer, NicoShot, is being tested in Germany and may be approved in the next few months.
With three milligrams of nicotine per serving, NicoShot is being targeted at smokers who are no longer allowed to smoke in pubs. In theory the beer will be like the nicotine patch because, the use of NicoShot can be reduced, then ceased.

tvnz.co.nz
A German company has come up with a novel way of beating bans on smoking in pubs - put the nicotine in the beer.

A new beer, known as NicoShot, is undergoing testing in Germany with hopes it can be moved toward approval in the next few months.

Each beer contains three milligrams of nicotine and a 6.3% alcohol reading.

Its German maker, Nautilus, claims the beer is designed to help smokers quit the habit rather than make the drink addictive.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nautilus, who makes the beer, claims it is designed to help smokers and not make the drink addictive.
I have my doubts on this. Much like the recent fad of Caffeinated Beer, you really have to question why there is an addictive chemical in my drink.

What's next? Will Coca-cola start having a NicoCoke, to 'help' smokers?

In places like Australia, products like these are already banned.
Food Standards Australia New Zealand has addressed the issue of added nicotine to products.
"People overseas were adding nicotine to other things such as mineral water, so we thought we'd be absolutely cautious because while the Food Standards code didn't actually say you could add nicotine, it didn't actually say you couldn't."

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.channel4.com
www.scoopt.org
www.idsnews.com

[edit on 12/10/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Man...this and the coaster that alerts the barmaid you're almost empty...

and all in a two week period!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah that's it, make beer more addictive to help smokers become better drinkers!

Nico-similac for babies of smokers....coming soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I do not buy it for one minute. It is all part of a conspiracy between the Beer industry and tobacco industry to keep people hooked on nicotine.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I can see it now. Coca-cola executives sitting in a board room.
"Why didn't we think of that?!?"

Whats next? Kids' Beer? Oh wait...

"Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink," reads the product's advertising slogan.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Great find.

A product for every consumer, huh?

I can see their ad campaign:

Embrace your Addictions

The Perfect Evening, Perfectly Tweaked

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
The Perfect Evening, Perfectly Tweaked

*Twitch Twitch* Canadian Beer drinkers and smokers rejoice! No need to freeze your nutz off in -50 degree weather fixing you nic fit.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It'll never beat it...

new topics

top topics

join