It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical bodies in Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, in Heaven to my understandings everyone is in "spirit form" and looks the exact same. But, in Hell everyone is still in their physical bodies and can endure physical pain. Do you think by your mind knowing that no matter what happens your going to be reborn in hell and have to suffer again, wouldn't you therefore eliminate the "suffering" and just live in hell. I don't know, but after I came to realize that it seems more like it would become a game with the devil, take control of your mind, realize there is nothing you can do and just take it in. Give me your ideas!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
actually biblically speaking in scripture it says that everyone will have their spirits reunited with a new perfect body and nowhere in there does it say that we will all look the same....biblically speaking again. you might want to be more specific as to what you are using to reference your ideas about heaven and hell. each religion and denominations with in various relgions have their own take on it. but as i said in the bible it does not describe it as you say. being made in the likeness of God has many aspects but one of them is the fact that we can have both a physical body and spiirt..just as God does. and in heaven this where we come to fully realize what it means to be made in "God's image". Again, this is a christian perspective.

heres some references:
1 Corinthians 15:38

But someone may ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" 36How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38But God gives it a BODY as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its OWN body.

this verse shows that we will have a perfect body ...one that is our own.

phillipians 3:21
21who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

if you look at when christ resurrected he has a physical body and a spiritual one at the same time. it is written that the diciples saw him walk through walls and doors but then christ told him to feed him and christ was also able to sit down and eat. fish to be exact
so its body and spirit united...perfected.

its kinda hard to explain. but again, im not sure of what you are using to reference your views. im not saying you need to take mine...but if you were looking at it from a christian perspective then this may help you in your search for clarification.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Those in Hell will have bodies that are physical in nature but it’s unknown how similar they will be to their former bodies. What is known is that these bodies will experience pain and suffer in agony as a continuous fire torments them but does not consume them. So, although the bodies have a physical element to them they are supernaturally preserved during their eternal punishment.

Acknowledge your sin and turn to Jesus Christ now while He still extends His hand in mercy and love. The alternative is terrible indeed.

A True Christian
In These Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
where in the heck did the author of this threads Post go? it has me at the top now:shk::shk:

just in case the original post doesnt come back......i just want to clarify right now that I AM NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD

thanks,

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yea, i appreciate everyone's ideas and blah but it still doesn't answer like my main idea. don't you think if you woke up every morning and had to go to work or school ur mind over comes it and it isn't that BIG of a deal anymore, right? well don't you think that if your mind goes with u to "hell" then your mind over comes the fact that of "suffering" becuz regardless of what happens ur aren't going to die and its just going to continue. i used the christian bible as my refernce, i was quite sure of what happens in heaven (like with the bodies and everything) but i knew in hell we had some type of a "moral body" that could exp pain and such. do you think u would continue to suffer when u knew it would never end?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i dont know. who can say...for sure. everyone has their own interpretation of what hell is like. but in heaven you do have a physical body...if you look at the references i gave you...but also you have to read the story of christs ressurection to understand that it isnt the same kind of physical body that will be in hell. i tried to point that out a lil bit in my last post. but i guess the best thing to do would be to read the bible as a whole to get the full scope and accurate meanings of the text. if you just pull out passages it can be harder to understand what is really meant because alot of it refers to things that have previously been discussed...does that make sense? this really is something you have to take a look at on your own through study. because how are you going to know what someone says is correct unless you have read the whole thing.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 KJV

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV

The word translated 'grave' in verse 10 is sheol and is translated as hell in most of the other verses where it is found. But that wouldn't have made sense here so the translaters had to use the correct translation which is 'grave' or 'pit.'

Those who seek to preach hell have not 'studied to show themselves approved,' because they don't dig enough to find the truth--they seem satisfied with knowing that they will go to 'heaven' and the rest of the world will suffer in hell. It doesn't make sense, though, if you consider the second most important commandment of loving your neighbor as yourself: how can I love another as dearly as I love myself and be happy at the prospect of spending eternity without those that I love--both near and far?

Now Machine will reply and make accusations about me being a dangerous person teaching lies.

Your turn, Machine...

top topics

join