It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cell phones& the blood barrier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was recently again getting re-interested into how cell phones effect the brain negatively, such as how when they did a study with rats, 2hours of exposure to a phone negatively effected the brain for 2months!

also, they also said that the effect seem to be localised to different parts of the brain, so one time it might be effecting 2% or neurons, another time a lot lot more, but it tends to be concentrated in one area.

Another bit i learnt, is how the brain has a "blood barrier" which protects the brain from many things including drugs, so that even many prescription drugs can't cross over into the brain directly. HOwever, apparently, use of cell phone excessively damages the blood barrier, and could bring it down permanantly if used to frequently and for too long.

anyone else got anything to add on this topic of how cell phones effect the brain? like does it make it harder to conventrate since i find i cant study well after using phone too much, and feel dizzy.

also, what about cordless house phones? do they have any effect? what about wifi? does that effect the brain or boduy in anyway? what about bluetooth? i know everyone talks about cwell phones since they utilise microwaves and are dangerous, but what about the other types of waves utilised such as wifi, blue tooth and cordless phones (radio waves?)

thanks for any knowledge

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What experiment? Who were the rats talking to? How did they manage to hold the cell phones? I assume the chemicals in a rat's brain is the same as those in mine.

Why did they do this experiment? To see what the effect on the brain of a rat caused by a cellphone? Did they test any other negative effects such as digestion, immune system, sight, coordination, sociablity? Did they test any of the positive effects?

All I have to say is that I have seen or heard nothing of cellphones negatively affecting the human brain in any significant or noticeable manner which requires a visit to the physician. The worst that has happened (from what I have observed) are accidents and carpel tunnel syndrome (cellphone elbow).

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hold the Phone? Radiation from cell phones hurts rats' brains:

www.sciencenews.org...

www.rfsafe.com...

Microwaves open up the Blood Brain Barrier.
66.249.93.104...:bj3vCNtN_x8J:pages.britishlibrary.net/orange/brainblood.htm+%22cell+phones%22+blood+barrier+rats+humans&hl=en

qoute:
"Leif Salford, the neuropathologist Arne Brun and the radiation physicist Bertil Perssion still want the results to be taken seriously. The blood-brain-barriers of humans and rats are similar in function."

join