It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Focus Group: What Do You Think of this Campaign Ad for Governor?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i have to say one more thing....it sounds like, from most of the posts ive seen here, that regardless of your political leanings, everyone seems to be going for the candidate that is actually stating his platform instead of bashing the other. in other words, you all seem to be voting your conscience instead of your political affiliation (and incidently, i am a virginian at the moment and was leaning toward kilgore until i saw these ads...although i havent seen either of these particular ads on tv....the tv ads are all about their stance on gas taxes at the moment).

i strongly hope this is how you all vote at the polls, too, because its the only way to change things for the better

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Despite trying for the high road response, it comes to this:

www.kaine2005.org...

That liar said I wouldn't kill nobody. Oh, I'll kill 'em. And like it!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
But he does have an absolute mastery over the "raised eyebrow in resolute and righteous indignation" ploy. I'm sure glad I'm not on death row in Virginia. These guys are practically slobbering over the chance to whack somebody. Before the campaign's over they'll be ready to throw some scofflaw from traffic court in the chair. "Heat up ol' Sparky. We got us a double-parker."

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As a Virginian, I think they all stink.

I hope maybe George Bush can be my Governor too. Maybe even a highschool basketball coach. Let's make Bush ALL elected officials.

Then maybe we can go back to brainlessness.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
As a Virginian, I think they all stink.

I hope maybe George Bush can be my Governor too. Maybe even a highschool basketball coach. Let's make Bush ALL elected officials.

Then maybe we can go back to brainlessness.

Well, Bush's Brain was just scratched last minute as keynote speaker for Kilgore's big fundraiser.

There it was, smack in the middle of the first page: The man scheduled to deliver the keynote address in support of Virginia gubernatorial candidate Jerry W. Kilgore would be Karl Rove, the White House senior adviser who is embroiled in the investigation of a leak that revealed the name of a CIA operative. Tickets were hot. The press was barred.

But soon after party activists sat down inside the ballroom of the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, it was announced that Rove had been scratched from the lineup. No detailed reason was given. The 300 breakfasters listened instead to Ken Mehlman, chairman of the Republican National Committee.

www.washingtonpost.com...

So maybe you'll get your wish.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First - the Republican smear....old hat.
Second - the Kerry-ite response.
The time has come to intellectually beat the snot out of all Republicans in a very demonstrative and visceral fashion - which this nob most certainly did not do.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The first ad was poorly edited, putting sentences in this guys mouth that he didn't even say. That's why there's a lot of cut scenes in it. I hate this type of ad personally. The first thing I said to myself was that this guy probably was a court appointed attorney, and that's why he "voluntarily" represented the person who allegedly killed these people.

The second one I liked much better than the first. No cut scenes, no "emotional" video, no mud slinging.

But, sadly, the first one will have more impact on people because it hits at the emotional level.

If I had to vote on these two peoples strictly based on the commercials and knowing no other facts, I would vote for the second person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join