It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Flaw/question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Okay in the episode '1969' SG-1 travel through the gate only to be 'sling-shoted' back to the year 1969 by a solar flare.

Now when you enter the gate it breaks down your molecules, transports them through the wormhole and then reconstructs them on the opposite side.

But in this episode, they went through the gate and emerged back in the gate room seconds before it dissapeared and become a missile test room. So they were in both time frames at once, which is why the gate was there one minute and gone the next. They emerged from the gate in the 1999 time frame but then were in the 1969 time frame where there was no gate. So how could their molecules have been reconstructed if their was no gate at their destination time frame? Shouldn't they have come out at the gate in the armory?

Damn Im confused!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In the first epsisode Aphopis came through the gate with serpant guards. That Stargate shut itself off and Apophis grabed an airman. Suddenly the Stargate started dialling and established a lock and Apophis and his guards went through. Now the Stargate shut off so how the hell did Apophis dial out? First they'd need the point of origin and it would take them ages to figure out how our dialling computer works AND they'd probably need a password to use it!

Also in the episode 'Solitudes' Carter and O'Neill are stuck in Antarctica which they assume is another planet. Carter repeatedly dials Earth to no avail. Now wouldn't she eventually assume the Earth Stargate is open and dial Abydos or somewhere? And since that was the gate the ancients brought wouldnt it be on the same level as the outpost where the weopon was discovered in episode 'Lost City part 2'? So wouldn't there be tunnels or something connecting the two? Hell, wouldnt there be a DHD there? Or a console like in Atlantis?

Keep 'em coming!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Rule of thumb when trying to understand the inconsistancies in Sci-Fi. Don't! You'll give yourself a migraine!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The one with Solitudes was driving me crazy. I was thinking "For the love of god dial anywhere!!"

Other than that the show is one of the best you will find in regards to finding flaws. Even the ones you stated were minor and maybe not even flaws. Apophis had superior technology and he could of just had a remote device capable of communicating directly with the gate.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by alternate]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Or you could just not watch that crap.

Sorry, but there hasn't been a new episode, ever.

Go to a planet, blow *&%*()^ up, get out with just seconds left. Never do they just go "Hey, we have 3 hours left, isn't this nice?" No, always "We have 3, 2, 1... Just made it.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's TV if I want something that requires use of my brain I'll read a book.:w:

[edit on 24-10-2005 by alternate]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Shouldn't they have come out at the gate in the armory?

I don't have a clue, but that's my favorite episode!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I found a possible answer to the 1969 question. It seems to just be a theoretical answer but at least it can give you some kind of reason. it can be found at......www.gateworld.net...

top topics

join