It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton-Era Reports Cited Saddam-bin Laden Ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Clinton-Era Reports Cited Saddam-bin Laden Ties

In the nearly two years since President Bush named Iraq as part of the "Axis of Evil," the American press has been working overtime denying that there was ever any link between Saddam Hussein and 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden.

But that's not what the same news outlets were saying before the 9/11 attacks, back when Bill Clinton was president and needed justification to attack Iraq.

Just weeks after Clinton bombed the daylights out of suspected hideaways for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, he used his January 1999 State of the Union Address to warn America about both bin Laden and Saddam, mentioning the two terror kingpins almost in the same breath.

Rest of link.....

www.newsmax.com.../7/16/123325

Strange so much said and so little brought up these days.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hear Hear!

guess who owns the press?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Dudes, those two really didn't like each other at all .There has been no real proof that there is any connections between them.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm so tired of hearing that malarkey of the liberal press. It is very old and very tired.

There are just as many conservative column writers, if not more, than liberal. Also, do I need to remind you of the various conservative talk shows on radio and TV.

Your statement is tired as the ideas of the NeoCons are old and tired also.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
madmanacrosswater clearly these articles existed, so why is it that at no point in time since the issues of the Afgan war and the war with Iraq has the press not brought them up?

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I supported Bill Clinton on that theory then and I have no other reason to doubt it isn't still true today. I think that many of you who like to play politics painted Saddam as a madman when it suited your needs and now paint him as a poor victim to suit your needs. The truth is undeniable, Saddam is/was a madman in full support of many terror groups who trained under the watch of republican guard at Salman-Pak just South of Bagdad. To attribute any credibilty to claims of him or people like him certainly amount to taking the bait hook line and sinker. Its bad enough we have people who swallow our government's BS but when we begin to put faith in these kinds of killers, you're bordering on delusional.

To read this board, you'de think Saddam had never used WMDs which he did extensively, you'd think UBL's bunch hadn't yet made a succesful attack on the US which they have many times. Clinton was right about Saddam if he was right about nothing else and don't think he has changed his position on that..also Joe Liberman still holds this theory as well...Why? Because they have seen the evidence and they have lived this stuff for longer than most of us.

Its fine to disagree with Bush on tax cuts, or the Patriot Act or even Iraq but without taking into account all the events of the past 25 years, I don't think any argument that puts Hussein up on a pedestal will ever hold water.

new topics

top topics

join