It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Days...cycle,,,but why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So I see stuff all over the net about the "End of Days" well why? I thought to myself well due to man and loss of beliefs over time, however in history's past I think there was far worse times..

I would be curious what the different bibles/religions say..

Also any personal ideas, I would be more than interested to know.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am not sure if we are in the End of Days or Last Days.
This generation will not pass until completion of the signs, The generation they speak of is those alive and aware of what was going on in 1948, when Israel became a nation, Another one which makes more sense is when Jerusalem came under Israeli rule (Which I believe is the generation of the 1960's that Jesus is speaking of) But no one knows for sure what generation Jesus was referring to, and what event, if it even happened yet.

Here are some people in the End Times:
The Anti-Christ. I thought it was Bono from U2 for awhile. Prince of Peace, humanitarian, Up and coming Statesman, whom does not like Bono? No one! But he is married, so it can not be him. The Anti-Christ is asexual as he doesn't perfer the company of women (The bible doesn't state he is homosexual either)

The False Prophet. He will call the Anti-Christ the Messiah. The False-Prophet will peddle the Harlot Religion.

The Harlot Religion. This Religion doesn't exist yet. None of the current religions, not one can be classified as the Harlot Religion. It will be universially acceptable and will appeal to all. It will take-off after the rapture. While science will do it's best to explain the missing of millions of people and all the young children, This religion will likely say "They have been removed as they were a block in our human and spiritual evolution"

144,000 Jewish Virgen males. These are going to be some extremely brave men that are going to go out and face death to bring Christianity to Jews and Gentiles all over the word.

The Events:
Attack ON Israel. They'll be attacked by the Islamic Nations. That will dwarf Pearl Harbor. But they will lose.

The Rapture. Millions of Christians (Most all sects) living and dead, all fetus, infants, young children all all be taken. Possiably even some of other religions, will be taken away. in the flesh into Heaven. I don't think this will hit the news for a couple of hours. "Reports of several missing persons"
Imagine whole villages and towns going missing.

Look for the signs. I wasn't going to post this, but if are truely in the "last days", with all the "signs in the earth", then the next major natural disaster should happen about Mid-November. Either causing deaths of tens of thousands or costing some government several billion dollars in damages.

This is because as said in the Bible, it shall come like Labor Pains. The labor pains are timed, such as.. 10 minutes apart for about 30 minutes, then 9 minutes apart at 27 minutes...then 8 minutes apart at 24 minutes...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We are in the last days of the present age--not the last days altogether, or the end of our sentient experience (aka conscious awareness/life).

The present age is one which has been demarcated by 'time' as measured by the celestial clockworkings of the zodiac and the planets. In the first book of the bible we are told 'and the evening and the morning were the first day.' In the last book we are told there will be an announcement at some point that 'time shall be no longer.'

What that essentially means is that time will no longer govern our existence, and with that comes the constriction of limited experience which we understand as the 'life cycle.' Each of our mortal lives begins with our first day and ends on the day our body dies. Our concept of existence is dependent upon our memory, in our mind. With no memory, there is no prior existence, and with the first memory starts the awareness of 'being.' To pass 'from death to life' as is written in the bible seems to be indicating the passage of our ethereal being (memory, mind, awareness of self) beyond the gates of 'time' when we shed our carbon-based organic 'garments' and continue on in a state that knows no measure or meter to limit our consciousness.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
The Rapture. Millions of Christians (Most all sects) living and dead, all fetus, infants, young children all all be taken. Possiably even some of other religions, will be taken away. in the flesh into Heaven. I don't think this will hit the news for a couple of hours. "Reports of several missing persons"
Imagine whole villages and towns going missing.
Look for the signs. I wasn't going to post this, but if are truely in the "last days", with all the "signs in the earth", then the next major natural disaster should happen about Mid-November. Either causing deaths of tens of thousands or costing some government several billion dollars in damages.

I thought the rapture was invented in the 18th century (I think I read this somewhere) and the reason for it being invented was because the tribulation scared too many people, and so it was invented. I think it probably will be soon, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If you don't know history, these are indeed "the worst times" and mankind is getting "more and more immoral. It's really only a tiny (but extremely vocal) minority that believe sthe "end days" scenario and it's almost exclusive to America. Christians elsewhere don't tend to have this belief.

I don't talk to these folks, but I always want to bring up things like "so it was a more moral and better time back in 1500, when Cortez had the religious mandate to enslave and kill Indians, when human sacrifices were common among the Aztecs and other civilizations, when children were sold into prostitution (often by their parents), when people were whipped for not going to church or going the "wrong church", when your rich landlord could take your spouse or your children as their sexual playtoy, when disease and hunger put the average life expectancy at 40.." etc, etc.

But it's not any use pointing this out to them. They desperately hope that something will come along and suddenly transport them to the Era Of June Cleever combined with The Church Service That Never Ends And Goes On Past The End Of The Universe -- and their existance and their lives will be magically amazingly good.

I'm Pagan. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Godzilla 1985/

What made you say November?
And,are you talking about this year 2005?

just curious....
IX
helen

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
11+11+05=trinity of threes?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Godzilla 1985/

What made you say November?
And,are you talking about this year 2005?
just curious....
IX
helen

Yes, November 2005. If we are truely in the Biblical last days; then they next major event should happen in Mid-November 2005. This is based off the length of time between Hurriance Katrina/Rita and EarthQuake in Pakistan. Mudslide in Centeral America, heavy rains in New Hampshire.

This is because as stated in the bible, they'll be like labour pains of a pregnant woman, Labor pains come and go, but get closer and closer together and instensity as she is about to give birth.

So, these natural disasters should get closer and closer together (in a nearly predictable manner).

True Story: A guy I knew, he was 20, I was 19. I told him his girlfriend was pregnant and he would have a girl. He thought I was full of it. Then later it turned out she was pregnant. 9 monthes later she gave birth to a girl. He thought I was psychic or some prophet. I let him in on something call "deductive reasoning". He and his girlfriend both drank ALOT, so them using protection all the time wasn't likely. Also he drank alot more than her, lowering his testoserone, thus having a girl was slightly higher.

The moral of it, It's deductive reasoning based off set patterns.

If you don't know history, these are indeed "the worst times" and mankind is getting "more and more immoral. It's really only a tiny (but extremely vocal) minority that believe sthe "end days" scenario and it's almost exclusive to America. Christians elsewhere don't tend to have this belief.

It's in many books of the Bibles, it's generally the American Churchs that preach about it the most. if not entirely. Modern day American Christianity can't get past the "feel good" or "Motivational" aspects of the Religion or Spirituality. There is ALOT more to it, than alot of churches go into. Dwelling on one thing, but not talking about any other part of it.
Christian Fictional Authors are STUCK on two topics; 'End Times' and 'What if Jesus was walking around in the Flesh today?'
The TV shows and movies I have seen have nothing to do with either of them, they have to deal with forgiveness, atonement, smiling through the suffering.

The Psychology of WHY I am and lots of other Christians are stuck on the End Times, for me personally I look forward to a Change, I am to the point that I seriously don't care if I get taken or left behind I just want it to happen already! For alot of people it brings them hope for others they just like chaos.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Godzilla1985]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. Now I have read very little on the subject but isn't Jesus supposed to return and fire would be set to ost of the earth? Most people will die and not go on to collect 200 dollars if you will?

If this is the case? Is this ok with you? I would think if I was Catholic or Christian or belived of end of days I would be praying for God to show mercy or show the light to people who have went down hill. I mean I see people all the time that have poo ethics from job ethics to morals ethcs whatever, but this has a lot more to do with than faith. People learn from parents etc. If I was raised my an eveil family I would be very easy to grow up accepting sin. How would this person be at fault?

It just doesn't seem to carry logic.

I was reading this:
www.kabbalah.info...(texts)/talks/10192003_heaven_and_hell.htm

and also this:
www.kabbalah.info...(texts)/talks/07232003_why_there+has_to_be_death.htm

Which if you don't feel like reading them is just a ancient Kabbalah stand point. Which makes sense to me. At the same time it makes sense about Kabalah it makes sense why you would need a standard bible.

Yet I also see people posting how Kabbalag is Satan's work.

Would love some feedback. Remember I don't mean to offend anyone. I am just trying to learn all stand points as I don't know where I stand yet.

top topics

join