It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Religions. (+aithiests & Agnostics)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Religions seem to like to paint a face to creation but when you look in the mirror you are seeing god, you and everything else you see.

Well said

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Z caused A and A caused Z. The cycle never started so there for it can't end. It is everything yet nothing a concept or law that can not be compared to any law known.

I agree with you fully. Anyone who doesn't agree that there is a god is impossible. Religions seem to like to paint a face to creation but when you look in the mirror you are seeing god, you and everything else you see.

Thanks.

The idea of a God is simply logical. We couldnt have been here forever because infinity is not possible in space and time. So what option is left.

There had to be something superior to us, above us, and most likely is a seperate dimension from us to be able to create us.

Whether that God you see is all spiritual or something else, that is youre belief. The fact is, there is proof god exists, and I'd wager, no matter how much proof I would show some of you, it still wouldnt be enough.

Ignorance denied

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam

I agree with you fully. Anyone who doesn't agree that there is a god is impossible.

Thanks.

The idea of a God is simply logical. We couldnt have been here forever because infinity is not possible in space and time. So what option is left.

The lack of options is not 'proof'. The opinion that something is 'logical' is not proof.

Whether that God you see is all spiritual or something else, that is youre belief. The fact is, there is proof god exists, and I'd wager, no matter how much proof I would show some of you, it still wouldnt be enough.

If you showed proof, I would believe it.

The people who believe in God can all get together and say, "Yes! We have proven that God exists" but that doesn't make it true.

Surely if there was proof, we would all believe it. All we really have here is an attempt to 'reason' that since this is all we can imagine and it can't be anything else... there's proof! Bah!

Believe in God with all your heart, mind and soul, but to think that 3 or 4 of you have proven something man has been contemplating for thousands of years... well, it's not ignorance being denied.

Why must you prove it anyway? Faith is belief without proof. What you have is faith (which is a great thing) not proof. If God was proven, there's be no reason to have faith. Be proud of your beliefs, but let others have theirs. You have proven nothing.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by ivanglam

I agree with you fully. Anyone who doesn't agree that there is a god is impossible.

Thanks.

The lack of options is not 'proof'. The opinion that something is 'logical' is not proof.

If you showed proof, I would believe it.

The people who believe in God can all get together and say, "Yes! We have proven that God exists" but that doesn't make it true.

Surely if there was proof, we would all believe it. All we really have here is an attempt to 'reason' that since this is all we can imagine and it can't be anything else... there's proof! Bah!

Believe in God with all your heart, mind and soul, but to think that 3 or 4 of you have proven something man has been contemplating for thousands of years... well, it's not ignorance being denied.

Why must you prove it anyway? Faith is belief without proof. What you have is faith (which is a great thing) not proof. If God was proven, there's be no reason to have faith. Be proud of your beliefs, but let others have theirs. You have proven nothing.

First off, even with knowing for sure that God exists, faith is still needed to help us choose what can help us get to god/heaven/nirvana/ better place. It is our faith that reminds us what God's personality is like.

Seccond.

Logic : The study of the principles of reasoning, especially of the structure of propositions as distinguished from their content and of method and validity in deductive reasoning.

Through deductive reasoning, I am able to prove God exists by what means are available and correct to this time and date. This proof is enough for me to, withought my faith, accept the fact that there is a superior being existing beyond space and time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join