It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Terror Suspect Confesses to Bush Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ahmed Omar Abu Ali has confessed to joining al Qaeda and plotting to kill President GW Bush. His confession was video taped. He states that he was motivated by his hatred for Israel and the United States' support for the Jewish state. He could face life in prison if he is convicted of the charges against him, which include conspiracy to assassinate the President, conspiracy to commit aircraft piracy and providing services to al-Qaeda.

www.comcast.net
A U.S. citizen accused of joining al-Qaida and plotting to assassinate President Bush said in a videotaped confession that he was motivated by hatred of American support for Israel.

Ahmed Omar Abu Ali also said on the tape, played in court for the first time Tuesday, that a top al-Qaida operative in Saudi Arabia "made it clear I became one of them and that I could speak in the name of al-Qaida."

The 13-minute confession was videotaped in 2003 by authorities in Saudi Arabia, where Abu Ali attended college.

His attorneys want the confession thrown out. They argue that the 24-year-old falsely confessed after being tortured and whipped by the Saudis, and they say U.S. authorities were complicit in the torture. Prosecutors deny Abu Ali was mistreated.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is sobering news and illustrates the seriousness of the war on terror. It is considered sport here to suggest that the President of the United States should meet with a violent end, but such a scenario would benefit no sane, loyal American and certainly no particular party. The effect would be devastating to the country. This news should definitely put all of us on notice that no one is safe during these times.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have some misgivings about how that confession was probably obtained, but that said, it is good to see open substantiation of the seriousness of the terrorist threat.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You dont need to be a member of Al-Queda to hate George Bush. Fact the majority of people on this planet hate Bush. Fact the majority of people couldn't give a hoot if he was assassinated. I certainly couldn't. His whole administration is evil & corrupt.

It's about time Al-Queda (another evil with the intellect of a garden pea)started to target those immoral corrupt politicians like Bush & Blair and stopped wasting their time killing innocent civilians who have nothing to do with America's and the elitists phony manufactured war on terrorism. They are legitimate targets, the rest of us are not.

To Al-Queda and anyone thinking about signing up for their cause, I'm sorry to burst your reality bubble but you are being manipulated just like the rest of us and you are just doing exactly what the elitists want you to do. Funny how the people who are waging this war are the ones who are profiting from it. How convenient for them.

"People like Bush & Dick by name, dick by nature spend all their life's running and hiding from the truth, but one day the truth will catch up with them and when it does. It will destroy them."

"Bring on the Truth"

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
It's about time Al-Queda (another evil with the intellect of a garden pea)started to target those immoral corrupt politicians like Bush & Blair

I can't believe that you can make a statement encouraging murder and still sleep at night. Regardless of whether or not you agree with a person's ideas/actions or like them, encouraging their murder is despicable. You are the lowest form of humanity.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This post is what I refer to as Bush-Bash-Bait or B3.

I really wasn't suprised to see the hate flow early on. I don't want him in office either, but I would stop short of declaring his death a good idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Bush encourages murder...everyday all day for the sake of corporate profits and power. He doesn't care about you or any one beyond his elite base and that's only because they feed his power. If he invaded my country...oh wait he has...I would feel the same way.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
That's a great confession, but guess what, if you're being interrogated in Saudi Arabia you'll be confessing that you caused Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
rhelt100 said:

Regardless of whether or not you agree with a person's ideas/actions or like them, encouraging their murder is despicable.

Wow! Do you see the irony in what you wrote? Does your statement apply to the Bush adminsitrations whiich have been advocating and practicing murder for those very reasons around the globe for many years? What about Pat Robertson?

The story is not Bush bash bait. It's the sad reality about who is running this country and the low levels to which they will stoop, all the while trashing everything for which the country they run stands for. But that's not the story. It's about a confession, obtained in Saudi Arabia, on video, from a man who has been tortured and threatened with who knows what else if he doesn't produce what his interrogators want. If the Judge in that man's trial allows the confession into evidence he ought be removed from the bench post-haste.

[edit on 10/12/2005 by dubiousone]

df1

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wonder what interogation techniques were use to get this confession.

It seems to me that had the confessed terror suspect said something negative about the bush administration that the faux patriots would complain that the information is not credible coming from a confessed terrorist. However since they can spin this story to thier advantage they have no complaints with this source.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
[rhelt100]

I can't believe that you can make a statement encouraging murder and still sleep at night. Regardless of whether or not you agree with a person's ideas/actions or like them, encouraging their murder is despicable. You are the lowest form of humanity.

The only thing I'm guilty of is telling it exactly how it is. I deplore the murder of any human being. Yet how many more innocent people have to die before everyone wakes up to this phony manufactured war on terrorism and the evil scum waging it and profitting from it at the expense of human life.

The rhetorical bull# about Iran has already started and nodoubt people are already buying into that hook, line and sinker.

I'm not in any way encouraging murder. I'm just stating facts. I guess some people just cant see the truth if its staring them in the face. Bush and his corrupt administration and all those who support and follow his sick and twisted ideology are the biggest threat to the lives of all human beings on this planet. It's time to wake up and face facts.

If I'm the lowest form of humanity. I suspect you think Bush is the highest, lol If thats the case then your in desperate need of a reality check.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wouldnt say kiling Bush is an answer. He is merely a pawn. The people who give him orders are the ones who must be murdered, destroyed, killed. You do not let evil continue to poison society even though you disagree with its ideals and actions just because you believe destroying it is wrong. Some things have to be destroyed for the good of all. We dont hesitate to treat cancer in a person if it can help them survive, why should we let those who destroy peace and civilization continue to do what they do. They must be destroyed immediately. There is no reasoning with them, they have been doing what they do for the majority of their adult lives and will continue to do so until they die. They will pass on their business of death and destabilization to their children and so on.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I read in the news continually to assassinate Bush, assassinate Blair, assassinate Chavez, assassinate Jong, assassinate Putin, assassinate Castro, assassinate the neocons, assassinate the leftists.....voilence begats more of it, when we run out of political assassination targets then we turn the guns at each other....is that how it goes?

I have a hard time seeing how calls for more murder will resolve anything, cept paving a better road to global war. Planet has gone nuts, where's the cooler heads?

The earth starts to rumble
World powers fall
A warring for the heavens,
A peaceful man stands tall

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I read in the news continually to assassinate Bush, assassinate Blair, assassinate Chavez, assassinate Jong, assassinate Putin, assassinate Castro, assassinate the neocons, assassinate the leftists.....voilence begats more of it, when we run out of political assassination targets then we turn the guns at each other....is that how it goes?

I have a hard time seeing how calls for more murder will resolve anything, cept paving a better road to global war. Planet has gone nuts, where's the cooler heads?

The earth starts to rumble
World powers fall
A warring for the heavens,
A peaceful man stands tall

I like your quote, and I have to say I agree with your sentiment. It seems to me that there has always been evil in the world--people acting upon their basest and most selfish instincts, including, mainly, fear. At the same time, there is lots of good, as we see by people who help each other every day, even though it doesn't always get in the news. How do we as a collective planetary culture rise above this and go towards good? I think that's the answer, rather than killing more people. But how...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Our current system of principles and laws surely don't provide us with a solution. 10,000 years of war tells the story.

How, would involve a global paradigm shift in consciousness. Perhaps that will occur when we solve the riddles of quantum field theory and time. The LHC starts up in 2007, maybe we shall see something to look forward to besides the current status quo.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We're way off topic here. We're not giving Ahmed his 15 minutes.

There were plenty of replies I would have loved to respond to, but that woul be sidetracking the topic - Ahmed's confession and conviction.

Btw, since the original post by Grady, the man has been convicted and faces life in prison.
Guilty

new topics

top topics

join